Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 08:54 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times

Advertisements

I eagerly await the BLM marches, any day now.

I guess the violent black gangs just didn’t get the memo for the past 6 decades
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 08:58 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
The thugs have been emboldened by the defund the police movement and believe they are untouchable.
Order needs to be restored. The innocent citizens that live in these war zones don't deserve this anarchy and, in all likelihood, because of economic limits, cannot move anywhere else.
It's past time to bring in federal reinforcements and stop this. Now.

They don't want to stop it. They refuse to say it is happening. They will never say 'defund the police' is a bad idea. They would rather their people get killed than say they were wrong. Plus it's part of destroying American, which is what they want. They don't care about the 'people'. They care about being right. We have thugs in the white house.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:19 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
This is Joe Biden's America with crime ridden cities run by mostly Democrats.

This is what Democrats want across America and apparently what 385 trillion people who voted for Biden want.
This is America as it has been over the last 6 decades. It's been this way for a long time. Chicago was like this in the 1970s. Philadelphia has been violent since the 1960s. Same goes for St. Louis, Memphis, and Detroit. It's been this way for ages.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:20 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
so in other words, major cities still have crime like they always have.. news at 11.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
so in other words, major cities still have crime like they always have.. news at 11.
This is literally how I see it. When people tell me "so and so amount of shootings in Chicago", this is nothing new to me. It's been this way for as long as I've been alive, and before that.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is America as it has been over the last 6 decades. It's been this way for a long time. Chicago was like this in the 1970s. Philadelphia has been violent since the 1960s. Same goes for St. Louis, Memphis, and Detroit. It's been this way for ages.
and people of all shades and backgrounds still live in these cities and move there every year.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is literally how I see it. When people tell me "so and so amount of shootings in Chicago", this is nothing new to me. It's been this way for as long as I've been alive, and before that.
This whole “crime is way up” is hilarious.

Of course crime is up, we just had a pandemic and no one was outside.

I also believe police and cities that are dealing with “defund the police” threats are doing a good job trying to make it feel like its the wild west.

People say my city is craaaazy right now when it comes to crime. I drive through it every day and I just don’t see the scary city others are describing.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
and people of all shades and backgrounds still live in these cities and move there every year.
More people are leaving than moving to the cities I mentioned. People are moving in sizable numbers to Atlanta, Nashville, Denver, Charlotte, DC, Boston, and Madison (Wisconsin). People still live in cities. What cities? Depends.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:30 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
Lightfoot just had a press conference where she said, absolute direct quote, “. Chicago is not out of control and violence is decreasing.”

Again, she 100%, absolutely said this. I’m not taking anything out of context, she wasn’t trying to imply anything other than what her words unequivocally say.

So my question is, “What would an out of control Chicago look like?” How would it differ from what is now happening? There have been 1500+ people shot in Chicago this year alone.
According to this, Lightfoot said, “ June over June, we’re seeing a downward trend in both homicides and shootings. This was said while ignoring YTD, shootings and homicides have increased.

https://wgntv.com/news/chicagocrime/...-past-weekend/

Last year, CPD recovered nearly 12,000 firearms in the city. The city has worked with ATF to trace recovered firearms for years. Most were legally purchased in adjacent suburban gun stores and in Gary, Indiana. 5% were purchased in Mississippi. The city filed suit against a Gary dealer who sold 850 firearms to known traffickers/ straw purchasers.

It is reasonable to assume nearly everyone is armed in certain communities in the city. Many of the shootings in Chicago are gun battles in the streets. The shooters and victims tend to be affiliated with gangs. This includes family members. Snitches get more than stitches.

While Chicago’s loss of population is rather insignificant, the majority loss is on the city’s south and west sides, with a mostly black population.It has become sort of a reverse migration to southern states as people flee gang violence.

Old 06-28-2021, 09:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Where are these people in Chicago, who are doing the shooting, getting their guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies