Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 10:57 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,546,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Didn't he say he was leaving the country if he lost to Biden?

Gee, please show us some actual confirmation of that. In a source that we will all agree is credible. Until then..........................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Save America is the best campaign slogan I've ever heard, very direct and powerful.

Isn't it amazing how many people hate America so much that they don't want to see us saved?

Old 06-28-2021, 11:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Gee, please show us some actual confirmation of that. In a source that we will all agree is credible. Until then..........................
Reported on October 16, 2020 at some useless rally in Georgia: “maybe I have to leave the country, I don’t know” if he lost to biden. For once trump should put up or shut up.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:01 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Isn't this EXACTLY Trump's legacy for all of his four years.

He only hired the best, praised them like no other, and then when they finally had enough of his c-rap, and they always did, he would call them names, and shame them.

Bill Barr
Jeff Sessions
Cohen
Breitbard Dude
Scarramoocci
Etc. (wanna bet Rudy's next?)

He loved them when they were loyal to him, he hated them when they were loyal to America. Just like you said...

It's funny, once you see projecting in the Trump-base, you can't unsee it.
When you have a TV show, to hire your next, Apprentice. What do you expect?

Old 06-28-2021, 11:03 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,557,704 times
Quote:
Quote:
I shouldn’t joke because you know what? Running against the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics puts pressure on me. Could you imagine if I lose? My whole life, what am I going to do? I’m going to say ‘I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics.’ I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country? I don’t know.
I guess that's the full quote. I guess he only said maybe. But he did lose to the "worst candidate in the history of politics". Oh well, more fool him and the GOP if they let him run again.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Reported on October 16, 2020 at some useless rally in Georgia: “maybe I have to leave the country, I don’t know” if he lost to biden. For once trump should put up or shut up.

Cool story, bro.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
I guess that's the full quote. I guess he only said maybe. But he did lose to the "worst candidate in the history of politics". Oh well, more fool him and the GOP if they let him run again.

See post #17.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:06 AM

4,299 posts, read 1,557,704 times
Quote:
See post #17.
Video of him saying it. https://twitter.com/davidmackau/stat...737432064?s=20

Maybe that's not enough for you either.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:06 AM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
I dislike it. Imo, it lacks any kind of energy and enthusiasm -- plus I personally object to the term "America" referring to just the U.S. But even more importantly, what does "Save America" even mean?

But having just asked that question, I do think I know what the slogan is driving at. I think this is the same thing as "Make America Great Again" (emphasis added). I think both slogans refer BACK to the time when white Christians were in the majority and their culture predominated. I think that both slogans are a not-too-subtle cry to 'save America from those who want to do away from the inroads against discrimination' -- and that is just as divisive as Critical Race Theory, which I hate even more than Trump trying to appeal to white supremacists. This is because CRT, imo, actively promotes hate, resentment and anger even more than the Jim Crow laws did.

In my opinion, anything that tries to divide one race or class of people against another is hateful and just plain WRONG.

P.S. As a senior heterosexual white lady (although an agnostic one who was raised Methodist), I admit that I am one of those who do miss the U.S. of my childhood except for the fact that there was so much discrimination against people who were not straight, white, Christian and at least middle-income. But with that ONE exception, I confess and admit that I do think that the old days WERE better -- and although that is only opinion, it is one that I have never wavered from and probably never will.

Still, I just hope that Trump is NOT the Republican candidate and the Republicans will nominate someone who truly will do more to make all citizens both proud and glad to live in the U.S.A.

Old 06-28-2021, 11:07 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
Quote:
Isn't it amazing how many people hate America so much that they don't want to see us saved?
I don't hate America. I dislike self-serving people, of both parties. The sooner we wake up the quicker, "we the people", can save America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies