Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2021, 03:45 PM

12,990 posts, read 9,510,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
"We must create a pathway to citizenship for all undocumented people living here," Omar wrote. She noted that the CHIRLA activists had been "fasting for days" in support of the idea.

"Immigrants get the job done," Omar wrote with a heart emoji.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/il...5Ib?li=BBnbfcL

"Immigrants"? Illegal aliens aren't immigrants nor are they the "undocumented" and the only jobs they get done is stealing jobs, lying, breaking the law and costing us over $100 billion a year. Omar is just another confused bleeding heart liberal with sentiments toward these people because of her own immigrant background and of course she is a Democrat party line hack and they want "virtual" open borders and rewards for violating our immigration laws. I guess our citizenship means nothing to her and those like her.
They - Mexican and Central Americans - should have to go through the same process Europeans, Asians, and others have to go through to become citizens. Nothing more, nothing less. Just running across the border and being welcomed with open arms is not the way. Do Candians do the same thing? No. Nor do any others around the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2021, 03:50 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engram45 View Post
I'm sure you'd never vote Republican again, after Reagan passed blanket amnesty, and W tried to. I'd hate to think you'd be a hypocrite
I vote for the candidates not the party! Nothing hypocritical about it! Trump ran on a Republican ticket but he was not one of those sell out Republicans. See how that works? I had no use for either of the Bushs' so I didn't vote those years. You fail to realize that Reagan was promised a secure border in exchange for amnesty and he was double crossed by a Democrat controlled congress. I still think that he was wrong to do it though.

Old 06-28-2021, 03:55 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
From your own article......In an interview on Breitbart News' satellite radio show, Ward said: “In 1986, Ronald Reagan — great president, amazing conservative, lover of liberty and of America — granted amnesty; and Ed Rollins, who is helping me with my campaign, told me that President Reagan’s biggest regret as president was granting amnesty and then trusting Congress to deliver on border security. It didn’t happen then, and it’s not going to happen now if we do this in the wrong order."

If anything Reagan may not have regretted signing the amnesty itself but he certainly regretted trusting congress to secure our border of which they didn't. He also thought it was only to be for 300,000 illegal aliens when 3 million came forth for it. Certainly a reason to think that there are far more than the 11 million supposedly here today that has been cited for years now. Next......
Read the whole article. It starts with the myth then goes on to disprove it. Read more carefully through to the end. I kind of knew you’d make that mistake but I didn’t want to assume your carelessness.

Old 06-28-2021, 03:59 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Of course Omar thinks that every illegal should be citizens, in other news water is still wet.

Old 06-28-2021, 04:02 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Considering the accusation that she herself was one and skirted laws to get around that...

Old 06-28-2021, 04:20 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
I'm sure you'd never vote Republican again, after Reagan passed blanket amnesty, and W tried to. I'd hate to think you'd be a hypocrite
Dems didn't hold up to their end of the deal, border wall was to be finished.

Old 06-28-2021, 04:37 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:

Oooh snap!

Old 06-28-2021, 04:43 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
I vote for the candidates not the party! Nothing hypocritical about it! Trump ran on a Republican ticket but he was not one of those sell out Republicans. See how that works? I had no use for either of the Bushs' so I didn't vote those years. You fail to realize that Reagan was promised a secure border in exchange for amnesty and he was double crossed by a Democrat controlled congress. I still think that he was wrong to do it though.
Hmmm.

Have you ever voted for a Democrat ?

Be honest.

Old 06-28-2021, 05:09 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Don was supposed to fix everything and have Mexico pay for it, what happened?
This again??? Geezus, get some new lines, will you? That's been addressed in here over and over with links provided. Trump managed to get 450 miles of replacement and new walls built in spite of the Democrats fighting him all the way and they are 90% effective in deterring illegal entry (much to your chagrin, I'm sure). There was to be a total of 1,000 miles of good walls built but Biden ended it along with his other virtual open border policies.

Old 06-28-2021, 05:11 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
"We must create a pathway to citizenship for all undocumented people living here," Omar wrote. She noted that the CHIRLA activists had been "fasting for days" in support of the idea.

"Immigrants get the job done," Omar wrote with a heart emoji.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/il...5Ib?li=BBnbfcL

"Immigrants"? Illegal aliens aren't immigrants nor are they the "undocumented" and the only jobs they get done is stealing jobs, lying, breaking the law and costing us over $100 billion a year. Omar is just another confused bleeding heart liberal with sentiments toward these people because of her own immigrant background and of course she is a Democrat party line hack and they want "virtual" open borders and rewards for violating our immigration laws. I guess our citizenship means nothing to her and those like her.

No wall is high enough nor patrols deep enough so long as people and businesses can continue to employ undocumented people without consequences.

Maintaining the current illegal status benefits the criminals, those who employ undocumented people.

4 years of Trump and no dent was made in terms of deporting 11-12 million illegals. One would have thought, busses would have been commissioned in Florida’s agriculture counties and loaded up with undocumented workers, farm operators and owners.

So much noise about sanctuary cities/ counties/ states serves as distraction to the real problem.

The US has an insatiable demand for recreational drugs and undocumented labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies