Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 05:30 PM

11,026 posts, read 5,984,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They have been caught before making "adjustments" so it fit their agenda.
What they were caught at was presenting only one set of data determined by one man, instead of presenting all the data, including what was known to be more accurate. They did this because it was more impressive. Actually 'they' did not do this but rather it was driven by one individual and good that he got caught out 'lying'. He got caught out because other scientists found it objectionable, so they leaked the truth.

And yes, there are scientists who do lie. Mostly those on the fossil fuel industry payroll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Please let us know what the temperature of Earth "should be."

You seem to know that what's currently happening is "bad," so obviously you must know what it "should be."

Give us a number. Thanks.
1.5 degrees C lower than it is now. A bit less actually because as I have said previously, the earth should be cooling although at a much slower rate than the current warming. One only has to look at pre industrial revolution temperatures to get that figure.

Last edited by 303Guy; 07-08-2021 at 05:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 05:43 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
We did get to the moon. On July 20, 1969.
If you buy that then good luck buck.

Old 07-08-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I not comprehending. Are you suggesting that the lunar landings are a hoax?

Hang on, I just went back a few pages and you are indeed suggesting it's a hoax.
Quote:
We can't even get to the moon let alone another star system. We can't do nothing to change what is to come. Not like we can go to another planet janet and start over. There are millions of planets waiting for us and no way to lick the time speed thing without a jump drive
In fact you stating it as a fact. OK then, I'm sure you can provide proof. You do have proof don't you?

Old 07-08-2021, 06:23 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

Hang on, I just went back a few pages and you are indeed suggesting it's a hoax.

In fact you stating it as a fact. OK then, I'm sure you can provide proof. You do have proof don't you?
Do you know that NASA has said they can't go back because they "lost" the technology?

Old 07-08-2021, 06:59 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
We did get to the moon. On July 20, 1969.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

If he really believes the moon landing was a "hoax," he needs more help than we can give him here!

Old 07-08-2021, 08:21 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
as many times as I've posted this CO2 emissions graph....I know you've seen it

you are the one that's wrong....and fell for their bullcrap...and you know it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ederations.png
Right I've seen it, but it is meaningless...In terms of CO2 emissions per capita, China is ranked only ranked 47th, at 7.5 metric tonnes per capita. The US is ranked 11th at 16.5 per capita and amongst countries with sizeable populations, has the highest CO2 emissions per capita.

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/1...st-per-capita/

Old 07-08-2021, 10:01 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Jan. 6 was just a bunch of tourists visiting the Capitol ...

I'm sensing a trend.
Not exactly.
First Antifa were blamed. But then, evidence that others were involved emerged: a few “concerned citizens”, who decided is was time to check what’s going on the Capitol. They wanted to check if House Speaker’s chair is comfortable. If her desk is properly used. A (horned) shaman was brought to exorcise the building of Democrat spirits….The people were in charge. (And what people)!

Old 07-09-2021, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Do you know that NASA has said they can't go back because they "lost" the technology?
No I did know that. I also bet that NASA did not know they said that either.

Besides, if NASA and the Russians could develop the technology back in the sixties from the ground up, it would be a breeze to redevelop such technology today. Just consider that the integrated circuit was developed specifically for the space program which has by now evolved into hi-tech computers and mobile phones. Does Siri ring a bell? One can talk to her and get an intelligent answer. Talking to GPS can be quite amusing as you can imagine. Back ground conversation an the odd cussing while driving really confuses the robot. Point is, putting a man on the moon today would be a walk in the park.

Old 07-09-2021, 01:01 AM

57 posts, read 22,257 times
The Sun controls the climate not man.

Old 07-09-2021, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Protein View Post
The Sun controls the climate not man.
Only to a degree. A far larger controller is the orbital influence. And an even larger controller is atmospheric conditions which are in turn controlled by volcanism and chunks of rock from outer space and green house gasses. In this case, man made green house gases.

Look, there can be no argument that man is pumping huge amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere. How can anyone deny it? You do know that gasoline is made from crude oil, right? And you do know that burning fossil fuel releases CO2 into the atmosphere right? Do you have any idea exactly how much?

Quote:
In 2019, about 43.1 billion tons of CO2 from human activities were emitted into the atmosphere
That's in just one year. To put that in perspective, the total CO23 content of the atmosphere has increased from 280 PPM to 420 PPM since the industrial revolution. In 150 years of human activity, the CO2 content has increased more than the natural increase in a 20,000 year period in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies