Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 10:14 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The short and simple answer to everything you've said: We fixed pretty much everything you're pointing out. If there are dragons of racism left to slay, they are being slain. If "systemic racism" is a real, name the system and lets fix it. If the laws are somehow racist, which law and what can we do to fix it? But movements like CRT just obsess about the past and toss around vague generalities. There is this mysterious unseen force known as "white privilege." All whites are racist and can never stop being racist. The great great great grandchildren must atone for the sins of their forefathers. How are any of these things remotely helpful??

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Very few living white Americans ever oppressed anyone. A huge number fought for the exact opposite. The overwhelming majority is ashamed of racism of the past. Why not just take the win and focus on getting people to stop thinking in terms of race? CRT drags the business of obsessing over race back to center stage. Not helpful.

So what do you suppose happens when you endlessly whip and berate white people for all the problems that no longer exist? You become the oppressors. Eventually, you create the boogieman you insist already exists: White supremacy, racist white people and white rage. A majority of white people who are bitter, angry and hateful towards black people. How about not doing that?
GREAT post!

Sorry -- I am out of reps -- and I think that with some of the posts I am reading today, I would gladly give out dozens more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 10:18 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
To Be Clear, Critical Race Theory is Explicity Marxist and Racist

Then it's a good thing that no one is teaching this in our schools, and the whole flap is just a made-up scare tactic by conservatives
It seems to me that the only way leftists can continue to push this hateful curriculum, driving hostility toward whites, down the throats of innocent children is to DENY....DENY....DENY.

The fact is that leftist educators are determined to divide people into the “privileged oppressors” (whites) and the “victimized oppressed” (blacks). Oh, excuse me....Blacks. Fairfax County Schools hired some loon to give a one-hour presentation, for which we taxpayers paid $44,000, and have refused to release it to the public. THAT is how hateful the content must be.

They also have an initiative, now in place, called One Fairfax, by which every decision must be made through the prism of “equity.” We saw that in the recent change to lower the percentage of Asians in the advanced Thomas Jefferson school because leftists were appalled that Asians kept coming out on top, and winning most of the seats. EVERY decision will be made with one goal and one goal only- to “equalize” people.

The leftists are absolutely destroying this country.

Yes, Virginia – there is Critical Race Theory in our schools | Articles | fairfaxtimes.com

Old 06-30-2021, 10:32 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,965,391 times
Quote:
To Be Clear, Critical Race Theory is Explicity Marxist and Racist

Then it's a good thing that no one is teaching this in our schools, and the whole flap is just a made-up scare tactic by conservatives
Right. And "republicans are defunding police."

And "Trump is a russian agent."

And "Trump allowed bounties on soldiers heads."

And "We don't have a border crisis."

Mmmmkay buddy.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:33 AM

88 posts, read 86,832 times
I was just thinking that between my family,friends,acquaintances,business associates and employees I probably know three or four hundred people.All walks of life religiously and politically.I'm in NH so there aren't too many people of color where I live but those that are here are accepted everywhere.Almost think people go to extremes to be friendly and accepting due to the racial climate in this country.
My point is......among all the people I know,I don't know of a single one anywhere who has expressed and white supremacist
or racist views.Listening to the media you would think that most of the people in this country are hard core racists and that is just ridiculous.
The only reason I can think of for the progressives in government and the media to project that image is that it will give them some kind of a political advantage although it still makes no sense to me.
The idea that police are seeking out black people to murder and arrest is totally not true.
Even the George Floyd killing was not racial although that was the narrative from the media.
That officer was just a brutal,violent angry cop that deserved what he got but it was by no means racial in nature.
He had something like 23 complaints in 19 years for violence .....many of them for the neck press,even involving white women,that he used to kill Floyd.As a matter of fact,most of the complaints were made by white people.
Don't like the direction this country is going in.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:43 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
True. Ya know, I NEVER heard of Saul Alinsky until some right-wingers started ragging about Alinsky this and Alinsky that. I doubt that most progressives ever heard of him either.

I also never heard of CRT, until some right-wingers started blabbing on about what a terrible menace this is. No one even knows what it is but some far-left academics.

And you're right, the Marxism angle is really a hoot. I would have thought that by now, after the end of the Cold War and the collapse of the Soviet Union and its allies, the communist bogeyman bit would have grown a bit stale.
The elders and the birth of the “movement” known as Critical Race Theory:

Deflection in 5, 4, 3…
Attached Thumbnails
To Be Clear, Critical Race Theory is Explicity Marxist and Racist-a3f6b7ab-15f6-4af7-8db3-07fc794f49e3.jpeg  

Old 06-30-2021, 12:30 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The short and simple answer to everything you've said: We fixed pretty much everything you're pointing out. If there are dragons of racism left to slay, they are being slain. If "systemic racism" is a real, name the system and lets fix it. If the laws are somehow racist, which law and what can we do to fix it? But movements like CRT just obsess about the past and toss around vague generalities. There is this mysterious unseen force known as "white privilege." All whites are racist and can never stop being racist. The great great great grandchildren must atone for the sins of their forefathers. How are any of these things remotely helpful??
The name of the system of systemic racism is CRT. Wokeism, if anyone prefers that.

The way to fix it is to eradicate it.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:19 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
More fun with Marxist professors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlXL...theLotusEaters

Verified that he's a real professor: https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/Sho...jsp?tid=287440

Put "Communist" in his Twitter bio. https://twitter.com/asatarbair

Old 07-03-2021, 04:48 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,235,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP_Smoothbottom View Post
Whiteness is a strange concept. People that weren't white before, are white now.

Like Irish, and Italians.

Whiteness is nothing to do with white, because other people who would essentially be white to others, won't be considered white to another people.

It's basically an interchangeable concept.
The OP is right on the money. Ultimately, white means "capitalist".

Old 07-03-2021, 04:57 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,503,704 times
If you don’t feel oppressed, you ain’t black!

(Mindset of militant blacks and woke whites.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies