Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 12:57 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times

Advertisements

You'll take your chances with a contagious virus, but expect a vaccine to work 100% of the time or you won't touch it. Makes no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 05:17 AM

2,335 posts, read 815,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Pfizer and Moderna have 90% efficacy against delta variant after the second dose...very good protection.

Their demand is now on the rapid worldwide increase due to the dangerous delta variant ravaging the unvaccinated... as they are the highest efficacy vaccines against it in the world.

The delta variant (or other even more dangerous future variants) may require booster shots in the future which are actively being developed now...will have no problem getting a booster shot if necessary down the line.

https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2...ost-pfizers-a/
I guess it just depends on what study you want to follow.

Kinda sounds like the Danish study on masks that they included two editorials on when they released it to give as much spin as possible, even though it was completely valid and showed the ineffective of masks in a real world situation.

Old 06-30-2021, 05:22 AM

238 posts, read 99,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
Good for you. Keep dodging those bullets. You can lie to the liberals but not to covid. If people step up and be patriotic and get the vaccine we can end covid. Its not just if you get it but making it much harder for it to spread when everyone gets the vaccine. Imagine WW2 with the mentality of me first that too many people have. We would all be speaking Japanese or German now.
It's really all about me trusting my immune system to do the same amazing job it's done for the last 46 years. The numbers are laid out there in black and white... the VAST majority of deaths are elderly and/or those with pre-existing conditions of which I am neither.

The lowest risk age group is young children... but yet we still have leftist parents scrambling to get their kids vaccinated. Why? We learned a lot over the last year... one of the things we learned is COVID is not the world ending plague everyone initially thought due to MSM fearmongering.

(and yes, COVID is totally political... the Dems used it as a weapon against Trump for crying out loud)

Now we have vaccinated people dying of the new variant...

Old 06-30-2021, 05:28 AM

366 posts, read 110,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
The dangerous Delta variant is spreading among the unvaccinated and will continue to do so...the vaccines are very effective against it (especially Mrna types of Pfizer/Moderna with close to 90% efficacy after second dose). Mass Vaccination is the way to end the global pandemic...

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/28/how-...or-the-us.html
Muh delta variant! Cases are flatlined fren https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Old 06-30-2021, 06:03 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Who cares. This is over.

Your side has been saying that since before Easter over a year ago.

Old 06-30-2021, 06:08 AM

45,223 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Who cares. This is over.
Im as worried about covid variants as I was covid. In other words; pfffft

Old 06-30-2021, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Your side has been saying that since before Easter over a year ago.
Were we wrong?

(Insert statistics here showing red and blue state mask/lockdown number comparisons)

Hell I remember seeing one where WA had more cases than TX with TX being the one without the mask mandate and a higher population! Good news is I hear WA is FINALLY opening up their state TODAY.

The economic damage has been done however.

Old 06-30-2021, 06:13 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
It's really all about me trusting my immune system to do the same amazing job it's done for the last 46 years. The numbers are laid out there in black and white... the VAST majority of deaths are elderly and/or those with pre-existing conditions of which I am neither.

That is what I thought before I got covid. I would almost never get sick. Never got a flu shot. I was a low risk person. And like I said deaths are one complication. I did not die so I am not part of the death numbers. But getting more than a mild case of covid is no picnic. You can be a long hauler and when you are fighting it no one knows how you will end up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
The lowest risk age group is young children... but yet we still have leftist parents scrambling to get their kids vaccinated. Why? We learned a lot over the last year... one of the things we learned is COVID is not the world ending plague everyone initially thought due to MSM fearmongering.

(and yes, COVID is totally political... the Dems used it as a weapon against Trump for crying out loud)

Now we have vaccinated people dying of the new variant...
Both the left and right made huge mistakes with covid and used it in different ways for political gain. That is old news, who cares now. If HRC was in the white house the right would have used covid against her just like the dems did with Trump. Covid is not totally political. That is nonsense. Its all over the world and most countries are fighting it like we have been. Ask the people of India if its totally political.

And has been said endlessly. Getting vaccinated helps slow down the spread and new variants from popping up. Cuts the risk way down of getting ill yourself. I get you do not care at all about that. But you should. And Trump got vaccinated. That should speak volumes to Trump voters. Seems to me people like you are defiant because to you getting the vaccine is admitting that virus is a big problem. And you need to keep making the political statement that its not a big problem.

Old 06-30-2021, 06:20 AM

Quote:
That is what I thought before I got covid. I would almost never get sick. Never got a flu shot. I was a low risk person. And like I said deaths are one complication. I did not die so I am not part of the death numbers. But getting more than a mild case of covid is no picnic. You can be a long hauler and when you are fighting it no one knows how you will end up.
I may get the vaccine at some point. Wife got her 2nd dose last week... she's 53 and bleeds the same red I do. She did it so it will be less annoying to go on a cruise vacation... and because her mother who she visits is approaching 80.

Quote:
Both the left and right made huge mistakes with covid and used it in different ways for political gain. That is old news, who cares now. If HRC was in the white house the right would have used covid against her just like the dems did with Trump. Covid is not totally political. That is nonsense. Its all over the world and most countries are fighting it like we have been. Ask the people of India if its totally political.

And has been said endlessly. Getting vaccinated helps slow down the spread and new variants from popping up. Cuts the risk way down of getting ill yourself. I get you do not care at all about that. But you should. And Trump got vaccinated. That should speak volumes to Trump voters. Seems to me people like you are defiant because to you getting the vaccine is admitting that virus is a big problem. And you need to keep making the political statement that its not a big problem.
Didn't say I didn't care... just don't have the "if I don't get the vaccine I might die tomorrow" mentality. I'm not hiding in fear of COVID like so many have done and are still doing.

It is a problem... for the high risk group. For the rest of us it's not much more than a glorified flu. Still... I'll probably run down to CVS soon and get it done... and not because Trump did.

Old 06-30-2021, 06:22 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Who cares. This is over.
That’s what I’m saying day 7 with COVID. By the symptoms seems it’s Delta. Feel better today but must keep eye out on my breathing. You can get silent hypoxia and die or have your lungs damaged badly. I followed the rules and my son’s ex wife did not. As Fl is a DiSantis “open all and party” kind of place. Partiers doing just that. Gave it to her child who gave to me when was sick and later. Oops I have COVID. Thank God the teen got through it ok.
Not fun - I think I’ll be good with the treatments the Dr sent but I consider the ex an arsehole along with the governor. All about money and politics and the people suffer because of their attitudes of me myself and I - everyone else can take a hike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies