Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 12:59 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,133 times

Advertisements

"Make America Great Again". Meaning people in Middle America don't like where they live, either.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:08 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Even better, she's got round the clock security, which as Speaker she obviously should. I've been by Feinstein's house and I can assure you no police or security force was defunded protecting that place.

Nobody who advocates for the 2a and everything involved with it to be close to abolished deserves any protection. Just expect the good will of the people.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:26 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
A lot of woke liberals are getting their cars broken into, bikes stolen, and are breaking down after being harassed by heroin addicts. SF, having a low homicide rate, has few neighborhoods people are afraid to walk through. So instead you have the dingy, needle-filled lack of respect for public space everywhere, and the same people who marched to defund the police in 2020 are now calling the police in 2021.
The hypocrisy runs deep.

Old 06-30-2021, 02:12 AM

238 posts, read 99,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Hope you didn't buy into a high rise condo on the beach. People there are not saying things are looking up either.
Nah... got a house in the middle of the state... about as inland as you can get for a state as narrow as FL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Yet, Florida as delightfully warm as it is during the winter, doesn't have a big, big, problem with homelessness?
Homelessness is everywhere... but I've never seen it sticking out like a sore thumb like I did in Seattle. I'm talking tents all over the city... next to landmarks... on public school grounds... in the parking lots of local businesses... and lets not forget the RVs parked on the streets. Most didn't even run. You'd see some truck pull up next to them every few days, latch on, and tow the RV 2 blocks down the street to avoid the abandoned vehicle laws.

Someone told me last week that FL and WA have roughly the same number of homeless... something like 28k people. I guess FL is doing pretty good then considering the state population is 3x... 21M vs 7M. I've yet to see a single tent or RV around the Orlando and Tampa area. Must be hiding pretty well...

Old 06-30-2021, 02:20 AM

14,772 posts, read 8,103,690 times
I have never been to San Fransicso but my Dad had, and he had been to a lot of countries in his life, he told me that it was the most beautiful city that he had ever seen.

Old 06-30-2021, 05:18 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,765,761 times
Quote:

I have never been to San Fransicso but my Dad had, and he had been to a lot of countries in his life, he told me that it was the most beautiful city that he had ever seen
Yeah...but What year did your father visit SF

Old 06-30-2021, 07:20 AM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I have never been to San Fransicso but my Dad had, and he had been to a lot of countries in his life, he told me that it was the most beautiful city that he had ever seen.
He must have been talking about the scenery not the ghettos and homeless people living on the streets.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:25 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Yeah...but What year did your father visit SF
You can't deny the geography is beautiful and unique.

But it's different when you actually have to live there - just like it is anywhere else.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:35 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
I’m a native of San Francisco. When I left, in 2008, things were already starting to go off the rails. I became angry just about every time I left my home, seeing the trash and turds and needles on the sidewalk and constant broken glass from broken car windows. Life sucked when I pulled the plug in ‘08. My family said I was crazy, that CA ran too deep in my blood, that I’d hate Texas.

That was in 2008. Since then I’ve had a brother, his wife, their two kids, two nieces, and a nephew move here from SF. One by one they come visit, feel the difference in quality of life, and make the move. I have one sister left who is transitioning herself. She’ll be here soon.

We’re all just normal middle-class folks who watched our beloved Bay Area go bad. We reached a threshold and did what most people do: react.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:36 AM

1,018 posts, read 511,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLcycler View Post
I back the slogan... and just left the armpit of America (Seattle, WA) after 10 years for Florida. Quality of life was definitely on the decline which is one of the reasons I moved. Shouldn't be a surprise either... Seattle, SF, Portland... all garbage left coast cities destroyed by Democratic leadership.

Next time you visit Seattle make sure you stop by the Space Needle or the King Co courthouse and pose with all the tents full of homeless drug addicts that are all over the area. They're close enough to be included in the photograph.

Now I'll just sit back for the next 3 1/2 years in a red state ran by the best governor in the nation while laughing my ass off at Biden's America saying like every other conservative "we told you so."

I still am in Seattle and you are totally right, Democrat leadership and the defund police and not prosecuting has turned this city into ****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies