Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 03:20 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
When have straight people been discriminated against for housing, jobs, etc.?
When have straight people been fired for their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people been called derogatory names?
When have straight people been made to feel ashamed of their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people felt the need to hide or lie about their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people been disowned or rejected by their families for their sexual preference or gender identity?

This sentence from the column sums it up succinctly:

So just shut up about straight pride. We straight people don't need it. Every month is straight pride month, because we face no rejection from society based on our sexual preferences. What we do need is to shut up and listen to LGBT folks.

Yes, they (AND MANY GROUPS, BLACKS, JEWS, PEOPLE WITH OR WITHOUT ACCENTS, FOREIGNERS, ASIAN AMERICANS, NATIVE AMERICANS, etc) have been, are being, discriminated against

But, we don't need any special Pride month other than PEOPLE PRIDE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 03:30 PM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
When have straight people been discriminated against for housing, jobs, etc.?
When have straight people been fired for their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people been called derogatory names?
When have straight people been made to feel ashamed of their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people felt the need to hide or lie about their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people been disowned or rejected by their families for their sexual preference or gender identity?

This sentence from the column sums it up succinctly:

So just shut up about straight pride. We straight people don't need it. Every month is straight pride month, because we face no rejection from society based on our sexual preferences. What we do need is to shut up and listen to LGBT folks.
That is baloney...What happens with ones family, is there own business. Families disown their own for many reasons.
I am Polish. I have been called many names growning up......it goes on and on.
The problem many gay people have is that they throw the fact that they are gay in everybody`s face. Most people could care less. Just live you lives, and stop marching, and waving your flags. You are the problem!

Old 07-02-2021, 04:57 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,817,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
No they can't.

But they can certainly point out how silly it is that you're being "proud" of something that you yourself claim that you have no control over.

There is no more reason to be proud of being gay than to be proud of having a 32" inseam.

You are, by your own admission, exactly the way you were born.

How is that a source of pride?
You are absolutely correct.
But a march called 'Gay Unashamed' would not have worked nearly as well!

Old 07-02-2021, 08:06 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
That is baloney...What happens with ones family, is there own business. Families disown their own for many reasons.
The problem many gay people have is that they throw the fact that they are gay in everybody`s face. Most people could care less. Just live you lives, and stop marching, and waving your flags. You are the problem!
That didn't work out so well because people did care.

They fired us, they beat us, they disowned us, they created lies about how we lived and loved, they made fun of us, and they killed us.

Many gays around the world EVEN IN POLAND face discrimination and they will keep marching regardless of what you say.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:18 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
In California, but not in a bunch of other states.
Actually since the Supreme Court’s ruling in Bostock last year it is national now.

Old 07-02-2021, 08:25 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
You should come to Philly for the Pulaski Day Parade. Every year during Polish Heritage Month.

Oh, but wait ... people of Polish heritage don't need a parade, right? And I guess there was no call to have displayed that Solidarnosc flag in 1981, either.

Old 07-02-2021, 09:08 PM

608 posts, read 239,433 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/76-old-wo...142226585.html

If gay people are now doing -this- then, yea, some straight pride is in order.

...or maybe the gay community will call this guy out for the dirtbag that he is.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:39 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As in severely mentally disturbed. In other words, a complete loon. Seems pretty typical among leftists.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:32 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You cropped out the rest of my post, which means you read it and saw your flaw, so you choose to simply not admit it, got it.
I cropped the part that was irrelevant. To pretend that ComicCon has devolved into anything resembling a Gay Pride Parade is absurd on its face and didn't really warrant a response.

I've been to almost every Comic Con at least one day over the last 15-16 years and have never seen any nudity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
neither your post or mine was about what pride Used to be. It was about what it currently is. You have a right to your opinion, but you moving the goal post every post is getting old.
The gay pride parades started as part of a civil rights movement. The gay community was better served when it was a civil rights march.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:35 PM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
You should come to Philly for the Pulaski Day Parade. Every year during Polish Heritage Month.

Oh, but wait ... people of Polish heritage don't need a parade, right? And I guess there was no call to have displayed that Solidarnosc flag in 1981, either.
I assume gay people are Polish,Irish ect......and I assume they go to these parades, just like me. Well, where is the straight parade for me and my family. Again, gay people just need to live there lives quietly like the rest of us. And yes we have crimes commited against us to. Gay people are not special!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies