Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 02:50 PM

41,958 posts, read 75,192,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
I assume gay people are Polish,Irish ect......and I assume they go to these parades, just like me. Well, where is the straight parade for me and my family. Again, gay people just need to live there lives quietly like the rest of us. And yes we have crimes commited against us to. Gay people are not special!
Whoosh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 02:57 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I see no need for straight pride/straight pride month.
A lot of people say they see no need for gay pride month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
I don't even think lgbtqia+- is a minority anymore, especially with the younger generation who are overwhelmingly not 100% straight
According to Gallup, it is 5.6%. That tells you how much overblown media coverage these events get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
You should come to Philly for the Pulaski Day Parade. Every year during Polish Heritage Month.
Do the Poles march naked or nearly naked? Have you ever seen a sex act, real or simulated, in an Polish Pride march?

Did you know Gay Pride New York banned gay police officers from marching in their parade?

Old 07-03-2021, 04:25 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
I've been giving this whole thing a bit of thought here today as I read all the different takes which range from excessive support to neutrality to excessive condemnation and since I have ample time as I am housebound due to recent surgery I am recovering from I thought I'd expand some on my earlier postings in this thread. It occurs to me that this is not unlike so many other issues being tossed around these days that throw up divisive barriers between us all. Seems everybody just HAS to belong to some group or another based on skin tone, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation and now we can add "gender Identity" to the list. The last and latter one I personally hold as being a total fallacy but it has gained traction in being recognized.

And being this is America if someone wants to believe they are other than that which they were born go ahead. Just don't expect special treatment which is what so many groups of all stripes are demanding. There was a time where all in this nation agreed upon one thing, no matter what we are ALL Americans. Now even that has been taken out of the equation as young people are being taught they have to feel shame and embarrassment for that. Walt Kelly who used Commodore Perry's phrase "we have met the enemy and he is ours" into "we have seen the enemy and he is us" couldn't have known how accurate that pun was going to become.

Americans are our own worst enemies these days. Fractured, divided, mistrustful of each other even hateful of each other. To the extreme in some cases. Personally I don't care what color someone is, o what ethnicity, religion, who they sleep with whatever. I do care about whether or not I can trust someone to have my back, especially if I need to have theirs as well and I do believe it's going to boil down to needing to trust fellow citizens thus sooner than later. My list of people who I trust that much as of now is pretty thin. Easily counted on one hand.

On this of all weekends it saddens me to see just how many people there are out there who I cannot trust to be an American before they are something else. Isn't this supposed to be a "pride" day coming up? One we are ALL supposed to share? Sadly it seems it is not.

Old 07-07-2021, 10:31 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The thing is buddy, straight pride does matter just like gay pride does but straight people do not feel the need to march around and tell the world by getting into our faces. The majority of us do not care how others live their lives as long as it does not affect ours in a detrimental way.
The majority of straight people don’t care how others live their lives..?? Really? Then why was same sex marriage such a rigorous fight? A bloodbath at that. Why do the majority of states still discriminate against homosexuals in housing, credit and public accommodations? Or maintain sodomy laws? On 6/15/20 it became illegal to fire someone for being homosexual, but that passed based on a loophole. Truth is, the only way gay folks can survive in this world is if they remain invisible, and make it a point to blend in with straight society.

When you go to the mall, particularly on a Friday or Saturday night, and you see all these PDA’s (public displays of affection) enjoyed by straight people, realize we as homosexual people can’t participate in that. When you see a boyfriend and girlfriend walking arm in arm, or holding hands, or sneaking a kiss here and there, we know if we want to live to see the next day, we better not even think of doing that with our significant other.

Old 07-07-2021, 11:07 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,792,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
I've been giving this whole thing a bit of thought here today as I read all the different takes members range from excessive support to neutrality to excessive condemnation and since I have ample time as I am housebound due to recent surgery I am recovering from I thought I'd expand some on my earlier postings in this thread. It occurs to me that this is not unlike so many other issues being tossed around these days that throw up divisive barriers between us all. Seems everybody just HAS to belong to some group or another based on skin tone, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation and now we can add "gender Identity" to the list. The last and latter one I personally hold as being a total fallacy but it has gained traction in being recognized.

And being this is America if someone wants to believe they are other than that which they were born go ahead. Just don't expect special treatment which is what so many groups of all stripes are demanding. There was a time where all in this nation agreed upon one thing, no matter what we are ALL Americans. Now even that has been taken out of the equation as young people are being taught they have to feel shame and embarrassment for that. Walt Kelly who used Commodore Perry's phrase "we have met the enemy and he is ours" into "we have seen the enemy and he is us" couldn't have known how accurate that pun was going to become.

Americans are our own worst enemies these days. Fractured, divided, mistrustful of each other even hateful of each other. To the extreme in some cases. Personally I don't care what color someone is, o what ethnicity, religion, who they sleep with whatever. I do care about whether or not I can trust someone to have my back, especially if I need to have theirs as well and I do believe it's going to boil down to needing to trust fellow citizens thus sooner than later. My list of people who I trust that much as of now is pretty thin. Easily counted on one hand.

On this of all weekends it saddens me to see just how many people there are out there who I cannot trust to be an American before they are something else. Isn't this supposed to be a "pride" day coming up? One we are ALL supposed to share? Sadly it seems it is not.
Well throughout.

A group infatuated with ensuring you understand same sex is their way of life.

I've never understood the hijacking of the rainbow. All the creative same sex members and not one designed an authentic symbol or mascot?

Unfortunately rainbows have become diluted to the hell holes (pun intended) same sex lifestyles.

However- I believe their community should possess the same civil rights and liberties as heterosexual couples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies