Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 09:51 AM

43,078 posts, read 18,252,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So, basically, he wants his free agency but wishes to curtail the free agency of others. Typical leftist hypocrite.

He'll let out a loud, guttural, sustained scream. Sounds like something a baboon would do.
Snowflake syndrome...me, me and ONLY me cause I'm special and you're not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 10:35 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
When have straight people been discriminated against for housing, jobs, etc.?
When have straight people been fired for their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people been called derogatory names?
When have straight people been made to feel ashamed of their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people felt the need to hide or lie about their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people been disowned or rejected by their families for their sexual preference or gender identity?

This sentence from the column sums it up succinctly:

So just shut up about straight pride. We straight people don't need it. Every month is straight pride month, because we face no rejection from society based on our sexual preferences. What we do need is to shut up and listen to LGBT folks.
Ummmm, yeah. "Shut up and listen" says you. I've never had any sort of animosity towards homosexuals as a whole and I have and have had friends in that "community". Though neither they nor I saw them as being a part of a separate community apart from everyone else. All my friends were women. Lesbians. Never been friends with any gay men. But my friends had friends who were gay men. Met a couple of them but never struck up any sort of association beyond being around them at BBQs I was invited to and such.

I never had to "shut up and listen" in regards to societal views and other such activist drivel. another poster who says he is gay summed it up nicely as to how he feels no need to parade around and loudly proclaim his sexual preference. My friends were the same way. They never have or will hoist the rainbow flag from a mast in their yard or felt they needed or even wanted any special protected status. Quite the contrary they felt insulted at the very thought they needed the latter.

My sister is a lesbian and she feels pretty much the same way. She does not nor has she ever varnished her opinions or views but even so feels absolutely need to showboat them either. Personally I figger what is what it is and who someone chooses to love and be intimate with t'ain't none of my never mind. As to "pride " parades and such I rather look at them as making none of my never mind thrown in my face and made to be just the opposite. My friends feel the same. They don't frequent any segregated "pride" events. That segregation that they put on public display makes them roll their eyes. And also just like me they doubt the motives of straight people who attend these events.

I've seen the nasty underbelly of the homosexual community as well. As to # 2 on your list of grievances in the quoted post I answer a solid YES to that. I've been called "breeder" "Alice" (never have found out what exactly that means but I'm sure it derogatory) had a very militant type lesbian follow my lady and I around a store and when I was up the aisle a ways this thing came up behind my lady and groped her quite harshly. When my lady made a startled yelp and when I turned around this ...person.. then squared off and growled at me. Bad call. I have a host of other grievances of my own with that particular sect of homosexual people. As do my lesbian friends. Matter of fact when I described this individual and some very unique tattoos she was showcasing to my sister and her partner who live fairly close by here in the capitol from me they knew exactly who this person was when I related the tale. From there they just told me nuf said, they'd "see to it." I had already done so but they seemed to think more was coming to this person. Don't know didn't ask.

So as to "pride month" segregation that showcases flamboyancy and debauchery with the "in your face breeder, Alice" (still don't know the significance of the latter and have never asked any of my friends) or whatever is not equality and acceptance. The parades and such are dominated by the "in your face" types that hold straight people in the very regard they are trying to get shut of from straight people. And to reiterate I highly doubt the motives of the straight people who attend and participate in such events.

That being said there is a lot of friendly ribbing that happens at private parties I have attended that my friends throw here and there. It's of the same nature as when I go on roundup with my Indian buddies. And yes they refer to themselves as "Indian" or by tribal affiliation. They roll their eyes at "Native American." In both settings if you can't give as good as you get and have a thin skin don't show up. THAT is "equality" and "acceptance." Parading down a street covered in noting but boddy paint twirling a rainbow flag baton is anything but. Just my .02s worth.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:40 AM

8,941 posts, read 2,963,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
What's this? Propaganda? Not allowing men to play women's sports is "oppressive?"

You just regurgitate propaganda links?

Old 06-30-2021, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
What if "gay people" were replaced with "fundamentalist Christianity"? You would likely be on the other side of the argument. Conservative Christians perceive being told to keep their religion to themselves as an attack on not only their faith but them as people.
And don't you say christians are not oppressed?

Religion is a public practice. Being gay isn't. Not even sure what this means.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:42 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
What "Rejection" does anyone face?

Why in the hell would their sexual preference even come up?

Please name where any law says you can't do something because you choose to like the same sex?
You need to get out more.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...-finds-n823876

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/3837244002/

https://florinroebig.com/lgbtq-discrimination/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss1234 View Post
So then why don't Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, or Pacific Islanders have their own groups?
They do. Would you like to ridicule them as well?

Quote:
No, it shows that any "Pride" month based on sexual preference is dumb.

But if they can have one, why not the rest of the country? Why would anyone get mad when another group simply wants equal treatment (to show how dumb something is)?
Straight people don't need to ask for equal treatment (to show how dumb something is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I saw an ad for pride month with a rainbow and the words "Pride is Everything" on it. In my opinion if we're all supposed to be proud of who we are, that includes everyone. I was taught nobody should feel ashamed of who they are, but now the message is different. Certain people should be proud of who they are and the rest of us shouldn't. I think that's a bad message to teach people.
No one is telling you to be ashamed of yourself. You're completely missing the point. LGBT folks taking pride in who they are does not diminish who you are - and if it does, that's on you, not on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
People are put off by homosexuality because humans have a high-developed sense of disgust that applies to anything that might transmit novel pathogens, including unusual sex practices.
No one is asking you to have sex with them.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:43 AM

Quote:
You need to get out more.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-...-finds-n823876

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ns/3837244002/

https://florinroebig.com/lgbtq-discrimination/

They do. Would you like to ridicule them as well?

Straight people don't need to ask for equal treatment (to show how dumb something is).

No one is telling you to be ashamed of yourself. You're completely missing the point. LGBT folks taking pride in who they are does not diminish who you are - and if it does, that's on you, not on them.

No one is asking you to have sex with them.
Wow a "Harvard Study" says gay people face discrimination.

How dumb is "'Shocking' numbers: Half of LGBTQ adults live in states where no laws ban job discrimination" What a silly headline for dumb people who wish to rabble rouse. How many states ban "discrimination against straight people?" Pretty sure zero! We are oppressed more than gays now! Ohhhhh nooooooooo!

What LAWS deny someone of anything because they are gay?

Are you able to articulate any?

Old 06-30-2021, 10:48 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,878 times
Quote:
When have straight people been fired for their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people been made to feel ashamed of their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people felt the need to hide or lie about their sexual preference or gender identity?
When have straight people been disowned or rejected by their families for their sexual preference or gender identity?

So just shut up about straight pride. We straight people don't need it. Every month is straight pride month, because we face no rejection from society based on our sexual preferences. What we do need is to shut up and listen to LGBT folks.
It’s dumb to celebrate sexuality. If they want to celebrate being treated humanely when maybe they haven’t been in the past, that is one thing. To celebrate a sexual preference. Dumb! Since they get to be done, so should straights. Straight pride all the way! It’s time we had our fair share of the parade and celebration pie.

Old 06-30-2021, 10:58 AM

43,078 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Wow a "Harvard Study" says gay people face discrimination.

How dumb is "'Shocking' numbers: Half of LGBTQ adults live in states where no laws ban job discrimination" What a silly headline for dumb people who wish to rabble rouse. How many states ban "discrimination against straight people?" Pretty sure zero! We are oppressed more than gays now! Ohhhhh nooooooooo!

What LAWS deny someone of anything because they are gay?

Are you able to articulate any?
Plenty of biased links out there done by progressive think tanks. Totally "objective" of course

Old 06-30-2021, 11:09 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,916,627 times
The issue with "straight pride" (in my personal opinion) is most of the people who say we need straight pride say that as a form of protest against gay pride events. That can be a concern.

Old 06-30-2021, 11:13 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,548,466 times
Quote:

Exactly.

Obviously some in this thread will never get it. They lack the ability of empathy.

They also seem to lack the knowledge of gay pride parades history. That they started off as protest marches for equal rights. Now in places like the USA, Canada, Australia and many other countries they are more about celebrating the struggle. However they are also symbols for others in countries were their rights are still to be won.

The feeling of pride is something some here are misinterpreting. It doesn't mean my pride diminishes yours.
It means, that after decades of LGBTQ ( honesty I can't keep up with add ons ) of being told we are dirt, disgusting, pedophiles, and don't deserve to live, we stood up and said " NO !! ". I'm proud of who I am. I am not ANY of those things. So ya, PRIDE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies