Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2021, 09:36 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
Men who had valor and honor and courage and who were important to the states which they were from.

NOT bigotry.

NOT racism.

General Robert E. Lee freed all his slaves. General Grant didn't.

Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson was a fervently Christian man who spent hours in prayer daily and who hated that peculiar institution and who struggled with it from a moral perspective.

In contrast, Abraham Lincoln was an inveterate and incorrigible bigot who used the "N" word until his death (to the extent that those who worked with him in the White House winced in disgust and this during a time when it was not politically incorrect to utter that word), who openly advocated for the repatriation of all blacks to Africa, and who said in an 1858 debate against Stephen Douglas that he had no intention of making blacks judges or other public officials and that whites were the superior ones over blacks.

If there are statues of Grant and Lincoln which are left alone - why are they left alone?
Because somethings are not talked about in a classroom of young minds.

Mary Todd Lincoln House
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2021, 09:46 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
...If there are statues of Grant and Lincoln which are left alone - why are they left alone?
Because Grant and Lincoln weren't traitors against the USA? Just a guess.....

Old 07-15-2021, 09:49 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Africa is not a country...
lmao.. these people and their constant screaming about Africa is hilarious.

Old 07-15-2021, 10:54 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Why’s the right so bent out of shape of taking down status of “democrats” anyways?

Old 07-15-2021, 11:04 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,049,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
The American Civil War had 2 sides: those who fought for liberty & those who fought for race-based enslavement.

Those who fought for race-based enslavement were gaslit to their graves.
I guess the third side don't count: the bankers. After all, there was a old saying who once said "all wars are bankers wars".

Edit: A bit more on the table, those who wanted to get the Confederate statues down because they lost. In the Israel-Palestine conflict, how many take the side of the losing side?
And it's not trolling, I think.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:39 AM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Why’s the right so bent out of shape of taking down status of “democrats” anyways?
Because this is what we call gaslighting. Said persons cannot come up with any moral justification for having Confederate statues, or for being pro-Confederate. Instead, said individuals try to shift blame, or deflect.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:41 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,016,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Because this is what we call gaslighting. Said persons cannot come up with any moral justification for having Confederate statues, or for being pro-Confederate. Instead, said individuals try to shift blame, or deflect.
The parties never switched! But leave those damn statues of “democrats” where they are!

Old 07-15-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I guess the third side don't count: the bankers. After all, there was a old saying who once said "all wars are bankers wars".

Edit: A bit more on the table, those who wanted to get the Confederate statues down because they lost. In the Israel-Palestine conflict, how many take the side of the losing side?
And it's not trolling, I think.
Or a 4th side: The manufacturers. DuPont made alot of money during the Civil War. So did Smith and Wesson.

It's good that you mentioned those who wanted the statues down because they lost the war. There would be alot of shame that comes with losing. Now, in the case of the Confederacy, there was alot of anger and resentment that came with losing. Many saluted those Confederates out of spite towards the North, and towards Blacks.

Old 07-15-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
The parties never switched! But leave those damn statues of “democrats” where they are!
Please tell me this is sarcasm. Humor doesn't translate well behind a computer screen.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:25 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,592,007 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please tell me this is sarcasm. Humor doesn't translate well behind a computer screen.
Jefferson Davis Monument

Quote not found on that page ...

Jefferson Davis, in a speech in the Senate, June 27, 1850, said: “If I have a superstition which governs my mind and holds it captive it is a superstitious reverence for the Union; I may be said to have inherited this from my Revolutionary father.”

If it was a question would come up, no one wants asked. In that, there would be no humor found. //
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies