Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 07:27 AM

608 posts, read 239,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPNative View Post
So you were born in January 2017?

I’m center-right and have never ever voted for a Democrat in a general election (except maybe once 30 years ago for water commissioner or something) but Trump’s lies, meanness and incompetence in dealing with COVID certainly make him the worst in my lifetime. Barely worse than Obama and somewhat worse than Carter.

Ronald Reagan was still the best.
Ronald Reagan is good and, I can understand people saying he was the best. When he said "Tear down that wall!" The world listened
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 10:37 AM

13,458 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
That these historians have ranked Trump so low obviously upsets you.

Why is that?

Caring about the views of people you deem to be wrong isn't logical.

In actuality, you're upset because you know these historians are correct, and you don't like being reminded of that.
Upset is the wrong term. The word is more exposing in this forum. I didn't know you care so much about the feelings of strangers in a forum. Unlike the left, I'm not demanding they get fired from their jobs or boycotting them or making protests at the colleges because my feelings were hurt. See the difference Lib?

Actually, I never read their opinions until I read this forum but I don't remember the last time I blew my nose either which I rank higher than their opinions. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Not brushing it aside or calling it a hoax would’ve been a good start.

Maybe tell people to wear their masks or get vaccinated (even when he did, he pretended to have not) would’ve been good ideas. Easy enough to do… but the incompetent buffoon couldn’t even do the easy stuff.
There were NO vaccination for COVID-19 until MAY/2021 for everybody. So this is how clueless you sound. Biden telling Americans to wear masks in 2020 to an airborne pandemic that NOBODY in the world had the vaccine and nobody in the world were prepared and to hide in the basement for a whole year isn't really a solution but B.S. and politics in an election year.

Tell me how closing states and making totalitarian laws worked out for Cuomo and New York and many Democrats states? if it didn't work for them and they have full power in their state, what would Trump do? put a big mask around the country and forced people in their homes or sick the military on them and declare martial law? yeah, that was going to stop an airborne pandemic. The bacteria was already in millions of people's body and it affected some (less than 0.5% of the population) but the majority it didn't affect them. How was the politicians sort 340 million people out? yeah, tell them to wash their hands and wear masks? yeah like that wasn't told over and over 24/7 for a whole year and still people got affected because millions already had it.

You Democrats have TDS on crack. If Trump said 1 thing, you libs would do the opposite or question his motives. So stop with the joke that you libs wanted to hear Trump telling you to wear masks or keep 6 ft distance or wash your hands when it was said by every government official and the health department and was on tv 24/7. Like you Democrats wanted to hear it only from Trump everyday because that's the only voice libs wanted to hear when you got scared. The only time you libs wanted to hear from the government is when the handout checks were coming. The only thing you really wanted from Trump is for him to approve those handout quick and keep extending it. Thanks for the laugh.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:05 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
I suppose biden will be rated #1

Old 07-05-2021, 11:08 AM

1,174 posts, read 550,493 times
Are these the same historians that want to erase half of the United States history and rewrite to their narrative?

Old 07-05-2021, 11:18 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Liberals have taken over the media and schools. What do you expect? Trump didn't own slaves, killed or stole land from Indians, or created the Great Depression or started invading countries on b.s. pretenses. He didn't put a group of Americans in labor camps based on their race with ZERO due process. Trump didn't invade Americans homes and destroyed their homes and crops. Trump didn't suspended writ of habeas corpus and put reporters and civilians in jail with NO due process only for their free speech. Trump didn't invent or implemented Jim Crow. Trump didn't drop 2 A bombs in 2 cities full of civilians. Trump didn't lie or get us into the Vietnam war that over 50k Americans died and millions of Vietnamese. Trump didn't view slavery as a constitutional right (16 Presidents did)

Hell! The grandfather of mass black incarceration in the U.S. is sitting in the W.H. Corn Pops in Chief. What was Trump deepest sin? he wrote mean tweets.

This is why the majority of Americans don't take these people serious and they have rotten our institutions.
no, but he presided over COVID and could not have handled it worse.
he not only ignored intelligence that foretold of a cataclysmic event, he downplayed it to the public and then was dumb enough to admit to it on an interview.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/inte...ry?id=70031273

obama was a warmongerer and race baiter.

both have been horrible presidents.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:31 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Upset is the wrong term. The word is more exposing in this forum. I didn't know you care so much about the feelings of strangers in a forum. Unlike the left, I'm not demanding they get fired from their jobs or boycotting them or making protests at the colleges because my feelings were hurt. See the difference Lib?

Actually, I never read their opinions until I read this forum but I don't remember the last time I blew my nose either which I rank higher than their opinions. Thanks for the laugh.
Nah.

Exposing would result in a different word choice, and both result with your being upset.

If you weren't upset, you would have ignored this thread and wouldn't bother trying to defend Trump.

Additionally, disagreeing with you and disapproving of Trump doesn't make someone a liberal.

It doesn't make anyone anything other than someone who disagrees with you and disapproves of Trump.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
no, but he presided over COVID and could not have handled it worse.
he not only ignored intelligence that foretold of a cataclysmic event, he downplayed it to the public and then was dumb enough to admit to it on an interview.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/inte...ry?id=70031273

obama was a warmongerer and race baiter.

both have been horrible presidents.
That's the job of every President is to downplay wars and bad things so the system doesn't collapse by the hysteria. We can handle any pandemic, wars or disasters (man made or natural) What we wouldn't handle is if the system falls and the economy collapses. Go to Venezuela and live it.

You think Washington or Lincoln went hysterical and told every detail about the Revolution or Civil war and made people feel this is the end of the world so they stop their responsibilities and give up on the system?

Did Woodrow Wilson went hysterical to the U.S. about the Spanish Flu and WW 1 and told them the whole truth and every detail and every death about both events that killed millions of people and made the country hysterical?

Did FDR told Americans the whole truth and details about pre WW 2 and during the war? History said FDR had a gag order on the press. The only news about the war came from the FDR and state department approved.

Did the Presidents that presided over Vietnam ever told Americans about the truth? If you read the Pentagon papers they were all lying and keeping the truth from the country that resulted in over 50k Americans deaths and millions of foreigners.

I can go on and on because I know world history especially American history. You might dislike that policy which the government keeps facts from the public but that didn't start with Trump or Obama. It has been going on since the 13 colonies. Their job is to protect the system and status quo.

Trump wanted to protect the system and not let the country go hysterical and the Democrats did the opposite because it was an election year. Funny, when Biden took office now he is the opposite and wants to get back to normal. How things change in 6 months.

What intel did Trump ignored about a Chinese Pandemic? did you forget that in November 2019 We had an impeachment. That was the #1 priority of Democrats in Congress and impeachment ties up the government. The 24/7 American media weren't reporting about anything else except impeachment. This is why impeachment is hardly used in case in the worst offenses and Democrats used it for a political weapon going on an election year. Congress and the Senate has access to the same intel, why they didn't do anything? They make laws and the Executive branch enforces it. Where were the laws and mandates passed by the house and Senate? they were busy about impeachment and the Chinese virus took 2nd seat until 2020.

But if that report is saying it came from China and China has been lying about it, what is Biden doing about China? Nothing.

I have many doubts and questions that our bias media is not going to answer. So excuse me if I take 1 report with a grain of salt. Our media is part of the problem with the virus and many other things. Trump left and we still have the same issues but more questions.

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 07-05-2021 at 12:21 PM..

Old 07-05-2021, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nah.

Exposing would result in a different word choice, and both result with your being upset.

If you weren't upset, you would have ignored this thread and wouldn't bother trying to defend Trump.

Additionally, disagreeing with you and disapproving of Trump doesn't make someone a liberal.

It doesn't make anyone anything other than someone who disagrees with you and disapproves of Trump.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.
If you call my opinions in this forum being "upset" for calling your "historians" b.s. then what do you call libs demanding the firing of people, boycotting, ban or endless protesting in colleges, RAGE? HYSTERICAL, MAD? CRAZY? What do you call that for your side? Let me guess, the right thing to do and sane.

If you constantly come here and bash Trump for the same things previous Presidents have done and at a higher scale you fall under 4 categories: A) Liberal B) Hypocrite and Clueless C) TDS on steroids and my favorite D) All the Above.

Presidents are meant to be bashed. It comes with the territory with all politicians. My take is be "consistent" in your bashing and spread it out and learn some real history.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:56 PM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Obamamwas right up there with Karl Marx and Mao Tse Tung.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies