Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 01:21 PM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
now this is one argument I disagree with Dems on.

Women shouldn’t have to compete against Trans athletes.
You mean men PRETENDING to be females because they aren't good enough to compete with their peers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 01:23 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
It's not that Democrats hate women; It's that the radical fringe who have spent the last 45 years hijacking the Democratic Party feel it's their right to pass judgement on anything and everything. Sooner or later, the rest of us who live closer to the real world il have to stand up to this collection of spoiled children.
Who is hijacking them? It's the old guard leadership of Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, etc... who are some of the Democrats doing this to women.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:24 PM

1,300 posts, read 961,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
In looking at the second video, this appears to be ONE old man who is making all the fuss. They name him by name, Skindell. It sounds like a group, but this is one man who should have been called out by the parliamentarian for speaking out of turn/disrupting the proceedings.

Yeah, saw vid. Seems like just one guy. Which is disturbing that certain special interests were even able to get a single adult legislator to behave in that manner, but not as bad as if it had been several of them in unison.

in any event, the Dems had better learn to check this issue internally or they will have it checked for them in 2024 by a DeSantis Presidency

Old 06-30-2021, 01:24 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Cammon, Ohio! Do you have a background as an athlete? I do, in soccer, and an occasional scrimmage vs a local boys’ team was sometimes fun, but they’d inevitably win every time. By 13-14 years of age the difference in muscle length, strength, and speed really starts taking hold.

I’ve also played on an adults’ co-ed soccer team with the same results. Men are faster. They are stronger. They are better at sport. It pizzes me off, but it’s the truth.
Exactly. And it doesn't take a background as an athlete to understand that. That is why there are all female sports teams.

Not allowing trans to compete in women's sports is the same reason athletes are not permitted to take steroids; unnatural, unfair advantage.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:25 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,486,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Umm, the Democrats don't call them "women" anymore, remember? They are called "birthing people" now. Geez, can that term be any more demeaning towards women? I don't think so, but it's the preferred term of the Biden administration.
Another term is “womxn”. ??????

Old 06-30-2021, 01:35 PM

1,018 posts, read 511,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Dems hate women.
They hate White Women because that's the group of women that they lose.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:43 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I thought Dems were supposed to be the party that cared about women.
Apparently, they only care about the "women" that have something special hanging down between their legs.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:45 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Disgusting -- (wow, I use that word often lately, don't I?) -- behavior.

Toddlers throwing tantrums show more maturity that Skindell did.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:47 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Where in the world is the parliamentarian/sergeant at arms at this meeting for God's sake?

You may have a few people here or there who are crazy, who want athletes born male to be able to compete in women's sports, but by and large everyone agrees that women's sports are for women and girls who were born female.
That is exactly what I was thinking. Why would they let this behavior continue.

Old 06-30-2021, 01:49 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
I highly doubt the Ohio House Republicans' motive is to "protect" girls. More like a religious backlash against trans folks. No doubt the House Democrats saw right through that ruse.

In my day, we'd have welcomed the chance to complete against boys. Show 'em a thing or two.

Either way, I agree with Gov. DeWine: Let the OHSAA handle it.
"Show em' a thing or two" aye? Now perhaps you would share with us just exactly how you did or would go about that? I have competed against women who gave me a sound spanking in one certain sport and I can think of a couple others that would and will happen again with in the future BUT, there are others that "thing or two" wouldn't be applicable in. The one particular sport I refer to is shooting. Both combat/action and Bullseye in my case though trap and skeet and long range rifle also apply.

However we have seen how this works in graphic detail in such sports as MMA and other full contact hand to hand. Where a "trans" woman actually fractured the skull of a biologically female opponent. Yeah, that poor gal showed that man a thing or two didn't she just? Full contact sports of any kind whether combat oriented or not you nor any other woman are going to show the boys a thing or two. And a male trans is still a man no matter how much HE thinks he's not.

And why is it we don't hear anything from trans women who think they are men clamoring to be included in men's sports? Now in the shooting sports I compete in men and women are on totally even footing. Women have a bit of an advantage as I see it. They are more lithe, quicker in physical and mental response time and slip in behind cover that is required in certain stages far easier than men. However they are not there to "show the boys a thing or two". They do not sit up and crow about having beaten "the boys" out of some desire to be noticed and praised for doing so. They just shut up and shoot which is the motto for every competitor on the roster. Man or woman, boy or girl as it applies to the youth division.

But with men's full contact sports of any kind your take I must soundly reject as not only misguided in it's motive but highly dangerous. I've watched you posting history on this and a couple other issues and you seem to hold men in contempt. You display a very defensive and standoffish attitude thataway and it coats your opinions with a layer of bile. I've seen such opinions and demeanors with other lesbian women and my lesbian buddies do not share this view. At all. They don't hate men,don't feel they have a goram thing to prove to anyone man or woman, and also know their limitations as women when it comes to certain things. I see a chip on someone's shoulder here. Might wanna see to that.

There are certain sports where men trans or no should NOT be competing on an even footing with women. That's just to obvious to even argue about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies