Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 11:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

Pence quietly took care of the tasks he was given. It's sad that you believe that someone is great just because they make a fool out of themselves when speaking to reporters, ignore the tasks given to them, their office is known to be a s---show and to hand out cookies with their face on them. pathetic.
You are angry because VPOTUS gave out cookies that looked like her ?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 11:19 PM

6,741 posts, read 6,733,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...Veep’s are ALWAYS picked for fairly frivolous reasons....often because the guy on the top of the ticket wants a geographical advantage or to pick up a certain wing of his party. Trump picked Pence because he wanted to reassure evangelicals. He didn’t pick Pence because Pence was a political genius! Pence is the very definition of a know nothing.
I had higher expectations for her, six months ago I thought she might make a decent President and that Biden considered that in choosing her. But she's proving to be surprisingly inept. A sensible VP would have rushed to the border, talked to people there and communicated some kind of a plan. Instead she had no idea what to do, put it in the on back burner and went back to tweeting platitudes and blowing the assignment off. The "I haven't been to Europe" Lester Holt interview showed how prepared she was to talk about a high priority issue.

Pence was a p***y and kind of useless, but there was less threat of Trump being incapacitated and Pence never effed anything up like Harris has done with the border.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251
Arguing that she is an "affirmative action" hire/candidate is blatantly racist.
I get that far leftists resort to calling things racist when they run out of arguments, but its naive to suggest her skin color didn't play a role in her selection. Some of the other names tossed around - Karen Bass, Val Demmings, and Keisha Lance Bottoms - were not the most accomplished people to put under consideration. I do think the root of the problem though isn't affirmative action but the remarkably weak selection of Dem Governors and Senators to draw from. Many are too old, lack appeal, and there are now only 23 Dem Governors. The root cause of her selection is Dems have simply lost too many state and local races and unless you want another 75 year old up there, this is unfortunately the best they can do.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:29 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
I had higher expectations for her, six months ago I thought she might make a decent President and that Biden considered that in choosing her. But she's proving to be surprisingly inept. A sensible VP would have rushed to the border, talked to people there and communicated some kind of a plan. Instead she had no idea what to do, put it in the on back burner and went back to tweeting platitudes and blowing the assignment off. The "I haven't been to Europe" Lester Holt interview showed how prepared she was to talk about a high priority issue.

Pence was a p***y and kind of useless, but there was less threat of Trump being incapacitated and Pence never effed anything up like Harris has done with the border.
Biden sets border policy, not Harris. Harris is only empowered to execute Biden’s wishes. Frankly, I couldn’t care less if she ever visited the border anyway. No one in Washington needs to visit the border. For what? We have experts that are far below the Veep’s pay grade who are more than capable of painting a picture of the US/Mexico border. High level visits are dog and pony shows. Harris knows no more about the border now than she did before she visited. She shouldn’t have listened to the retarded pundits on the right who made a big deal about her visiting the region.

Moreover, NO ONE knows what to do about our border policy. No one has ever known what to do in the modern era.

As for “high hopes” for Harris, I don’t get it. Veeps are supposed to get elected and then disappear. I have no interest in Veeps. I voted for Biden to run the country. Kamala Harris can go bowling for the next 4 year for all I care.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:41 AM

6,741 posts, read 6,733,588 times
Quote:
We have experts that are far below the Veep’s pay grade who are more than capable of painting a picture of the US/Mexico border. .
She's not supposed to be painting a picture, but coming up with a plan for the millions trying to come here from Mexico and Central America. She's not Dan Quayle or Mike Pence, her boss is whispering speeches and forgot Barack Obama's name while doing one of those speeches. She's not ready to be President and needs some experience doing something besides tweeting platitudes.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:43 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Let's not forget she has... uh... certain skills men like.
Yup, it took more than gender and race to get where she was. They don’t call her “heels up Harris” for nothing.

Now if only her governing and office management was as good as her bedroom antics.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:44 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Biden sets border policy, not Harris.
Wrong. Biden delegates who sets the US border policy. And he picked Harris.

If Biden wanted to lay in bed all day everyday and watch Netflix, that’s his right. As president you don’t actually do anything, you make minions do it and you just sign it, give speeches, and attend meetings.

Harris doesn’t have that luxury, she must do what the rich old white racist man tells her.

Old 07-04-2021, 01:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:

I get that far leftists resort to calling things racist when they run out of arguments, but its naive to suggest her skin color didn't play a role in her selection. Some of the other names tossed around - Karen Bass, Val Demmings, and Keisha Lance Bottoms - were not the most accomplished people to put under consideration. I do think the root of the problem though isn't affirmative action but the remarkably weak selection of Dem Governors and Senators to draw from. Many are too old, lack appeal, and there are now only 23 Dem Governors. The root cause of her selection is Dems have simply lost too many state and local races and unless you want another 75 year old up there, this is unfortunately the best they can do.

You have every right to your opinion, but even by your own standard, there were atleast 3 reasons to pick Harris before you get to race .

Ask your self why you and others till bring it up.

Old 07-04-2021, 03:50 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
Quote:
Biden sets border policy, not Harris. Harris is only empowered to execute Biden’s wishes. Frankly, I couldn’t care less if she ever visited the border anyway. No one in Washington needs to visit the border. For what? We have experts that are far below the Veep’s pay grade who are more than capable of painting a picture of the US/Mexico border. High level visits are dog and pony shows. Harris knows no more about the border now than she did before she visited. She shouldn’t have listened to the retarded pundits on the right who made a big deal about her visiting the region.

Moreover, NO ONE knows what to do about our border policy. No one has ever known what to do in the modern era.

As for “high hopes” for Harris, I don’t get it. Veeps are supposed to get elected and then disappear. I have no interest in Veeps. I voted for Biden to run the country. Kamala Harris can go bowling for the next 4 year for all I care.
Trump did a pretty good job with that. They didn't even try coming up to the border while he was president. He let in less refugees than any president in modern history.

Old 07-04-2021, 04:00 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You have every right to your opinion, but even by your own standard, there were atleast 3 reasons to pick Harris before you get to race .

Ask your self why you and others till bring it up.
If you think she has any redeeming qualities you are more delusional than I thought. She's horrendous.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:03 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,505,945 times
Quote:

Of course her skin color played a role in her selection. Biden told us so. He was only considering blacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies