Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 11:01 PM

29,815 posts, read 24,898,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
For example, to compare the imaginary "China" built inside your head by CIA with the real situation. So far all your statements expose that you have exactly zero knowledge of any country, only the propaganda stuffed into your head.

How would the CIA plant propaganda in my head? What did I say about China that was untrue? Is in not controlled by the CCP, a communist party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 11:06 PM

929 posts, read 399,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
July 1 is the 100th anniversary of the Chinese communist party.
He replies a tweet from China Xinhua News on that day (China time).

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1410413958805270533?s=20
Decades of stealing intellectual properties, data, materials from other nations--combined with many millions modern day slaves working for less than a penny a day, yep China is doing great.

Last edited by Yac; 07-07-2021 at 11:03 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 06:10 AM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
How would the CIA plant propaganda in my head? What did I say about China that was untrue? Is in not controlled by the CCP, a communist party?
Too many to list in this thread alone, but I'll do my best to quote them all.

Quote:
But China is into killing babies, so that's a hard no for a number of conservatives, even today in a world of 8 billion or so. And China is completely against free speech, something conservatives cherish and liberals have long ago abandon.
Quote:
In communism, people are mere property to be exploited, abused or whatever else the supreme ruler(s) desire you to be. Totally different way of life, and something I have no interest in emulating or trying to understand.
sounds like the US, except with the capitalist, wealthy, oligarch elite.

but regardless, you're wrong. in china, the political party is of the people, for the people. they only rise in rank based on merit, and if they don't produce results, they will be get promoted - unlike the many leaders we have in the US, especially those at the top (biden, trump, obama, trump).

Quote:
The irony is the average Chinese citizen has no clue about their people's history. The CCP wiped it from their memory banks. As an American, I highly doubt the average Chinese citizen is freer now compared to any other time in their 5000 or so year history. Maybe they are freer now vs any other time under communist rule, but that's not saying much, nor is it something to brag about.
again, baseless claim that's full of ignorance and arrogance.
you've admitted you've never even been to china so you have zero clue of what you're saying.

Quote:
Convincing you of anything is not high on my list of priorities. I know enough to know to be grateful to have been born in the USA, and not in a repressive communist country where people are rounded up in reeducation camps, subjected to organ harvesting, treated like common property, locked in apartments with doors nailed shut for a virus with less than a 1% mortality rate and god only knows what else. Whatever they have going on over there in China to be grateful and proud of, they can keep it.
where are your sources of these?
do you doubt mainstream media when it comes to "liberal" sources? should you not apply the same skepticism when it comes other stories, especially ones about our supposed enemies such as china, iran, russia, etc.?

is it not entirely plausible that the media and our politicians are pushing a narrative to the public, aka propaganda?
you do know they've been caught many times in the past planting stories to the media to manufacture public consent, right *cough cough* WMD?
https://swprs.org/the-propaganda-multiplier/

Old 07-06-2021, 06:13 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,882,899 times
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...rs/7859674002/

Quote:
“When resources are focused more and more on the few people at the head and their relatives, the workforce is cheap and replaceable,” she wrote on Douban. “Is it sensible to entrust your destiny to small handouts from others?”
Google "Lie Flat", "996 & 007"

The CCP will fall by 2050.

Old 07-06-2021, 08:24 AM

1,951 posts, read 699,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
I said "were". When I was a college student many years ago, I already saw many posts against the one child policy.
Obviously you know nothing about China but have lots of wild imagination.
In fact 20 years ago, internet censorship was even less strict than now, in some aspects. There were many videos and jokes mocking Jiang Zemin and so on.

Or maybe you never experienced that period?
Yes, mudding the water is the way to counter the argument . You said, "many years ago"? how many many years ago? The time of "嚴打" or "反資產階級自由化"? 20 years ago? haha, did you know how long one-child policy has been here?
You are right on one thing though, 20 years ago, CCP's internet censorship is less strict than now (so, it is strict now). Who was the leader? That was around the time of Jiang Zemin and Hu Jintao. Hiu was a weak leader, and we all knew who REAL Jiang was

Old 07-06-2021, 08:30 AM

29,815 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
Too many to list in this thread alone, but I'll do my best to quote them all.

sounds like the US, except with the capitalist, wealthy, oligarch elite.

but regardless, you're wrong. in china, the political party is of the people, for the people. they only rise in rank based on merit, and if they don't produce results, they will be get promoted - unlike the many leaders we have in the US, especially those at the top (biden, trump, obama, trump).

again, baseless claim that's full of ignorance and arrogance.
you've admitted you've never even been to china so you have zero clue of what you're saying.

where are your sources of these?
do you doubt mainstream media when it comes to "liberal" sources? should you not apply the same skepticism when it comes other stories, especially ones about our supposed enemies such as china, iran, russia, etc.?

is it not entirely plausible that the media and our politicians are pushing a narrative to the public, aka propaganda?
you do know they've been caught many times in the past planting stories to the media to manufacture public consent, right *cough cough* WMD?
https://swprs.org/the-propaganda-multiplier/

One does not have to visit China to learn a little about it. Just like one does not have to live a nation's history to learn about it. What is arrogant is to think no one can possibly know anything of worth about a place until they visit it. It's also arrogant to believe that just because someone does not approve of communism, than they must dislike China and it's people.

China is a communist country. That's all I need to know to know better. It's not a place I have any intention of visiting, and I will be better off because of that. There's already plenty enough Chinese people here who have escaped that place, and are more than happy to share their harrowing experiences. So Americans have plenty of opportunities to learn about life in China and what's going on over there. True, most Americans really don't give a damn, but it's still quite easy to learn for those who are curious.

Curiously, you're the first Chinese person I have ever heard describe the communist party as being "for the people". Perhaps because it sounds so ludicrous that no one would dare say such a thing in public.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:47 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,755,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
Yes, mudding the water is the way to counter the argument . You said, "many years ago"? how many many years ago? The time of "嚴打" or "反資產階級自由化"? 20 years ago? haha, did you know how long one-child policy has been here?
You are right on one thing though, 20 years ago, CCP's internet censorship is less strict than now (so, it is strict now). Who was the leader? That was around the time of Jiang Zemin and Hu Jintao. Hiu was a weak leader, and we all knew who REAL Jiang was
"反資產階級自由化" did happen at a time when speech was relatively "free". At that time many people criticized the government's policies in public, and even many newspapers published such articles. Many people listened to VOA and some even broadcasted it. If you lived through 6/4, you should have known that.

"嚴打" was about non-political crimes, such as sexual assaults and robbery. Obviously you know nothing about it.

We all know internet censorship is stricter than years ago. Nothing to argue here.
However, anti-China propaganda from the west is also much more intense than years ago. Back then, western media often took a positive view of China. China was weak, and the west didn't bother to contain it.

e.g. Seriously, do you really believe there is genocide on Uyghurs? Western media already made most westerners believe it. With such lies, I actually think it is wise for China government to block some of them. Sometimes the best way to deal with liars is to silence them. Facebook did that to Trump too. (Not to say China's censorship is always good in general.)

Old 07-06-2021, 10:03 AM

962 posts, read 540,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
"The economic prosperity that China has achieved is truly amazing, especially in infrastructure! I encourage people to visit and see for themselves." - Elon Musk

I mean, he isn't wrong?
It's amazing what a government can do when its citizens have no rights, I guess.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
It's amazing what a government can do when its citizens have no rights, I guess.
But only westerners think that way, especially those how have never been to China.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
One does not have to visit China to learn a little about it. Just like one does not have to live a nation's history to learn about it. What is arrogant is to think no one can possibly know anything of worth about a place until they visit it. It's also arrogant to believe that just because someone does not approve of communism, than they must dislike China and it's people.

China is a communist country. That's all I need to know to know better. It's not a place I have any intention of visiting, and I will be better off because of that. There's already plenty enough Chinese people here who have escaped that place, and are more than happy to share their harrowing experiences. So Americans have plenty of opportunities to learn about life in China and what's going on over there. True, most Americans really don't give a damn, but it's still quite easy to learn for those who are curious.

Curiously, you're the first Chinese person I have ever heard describe the communist party as being "for the people". Perhaps because it sounds so ludicrous that no one would dare say such a thing in public.
If I have never been to the US, speak no English, and don't even have American friends, then I talk about the US like an expert, would you trust me?
Think about your sources of info. Are they biased against China?

China is not a "communist" country because the means of production is not collectively owned for the most part, and the redistribution of products is not need-based. That is what Marx said about communism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies