Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 05:50 PM

1,926 posts, read 557,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Border "crisis" smacks of wag the dog. But I suppose Republicans don't really have another issue at the moment that will play to the voters.
That is how the Biden administration thinks. They are getting a wake up call.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:52 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
When told that what he wanted to do was legal, but the method was not, he didn't listen, and proceeded with the illegal method.
Can you give me an example?

Quote:
Trump didn't care if he did a good job, he just wanted, and wants, sycophantic idiots to hang on his every word. Trump is mentally ill, for sure.
Trump wants his name to go down in the history books. He truly wanted to be the greatest president of all time. Which is why he constantly attempted to make parallels between himself and Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, etc. The most devastating thing that ever happened in his entire life was losing the election to Joe Biden. Which is why he can't let it go.

Pretty much everyone who runs for political office has narcissistic personality disorder. Same for people in the media and Hollywood. Why do you think people want to be rich? Why does Warren Buffett and Bill Gates get out of bed in the morning? To pay the bills? They're all narcissists and sociopaths. All of them.

Quote:
I don't like Biden that much, but he's not Trump, and he won't destroy the country like Trump was on a path to do.
I don't like any of these politicians, but claiming that Trump was destroying the country is complete political hack nonsense. As this thread clearly shows, the term "destroying the country" doesn't mean anything. To some "destroying the country" simply means lower wages for low-skilled laborers. To others it refers to more homeless people in San Francisco, or higher real-estate prices.

I hate to spoil your fun, but America wants high real-estate prices. We do everything we can to maintain and inflate the housing bubble. The worst possible thing that could happen to America is for real-estate prices to drop.

Old 07-03-2021, 07:05 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Border "crisis" smacks of wag the dog. But I suppose Republicans don't really have another issue at the moment that will play to the voters.
You're joking right? If not, you must have just awakened from a coma.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:01 PM

15,432 posts, read 7,487,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Can you give me an example?

Trump wants his name to go down in the history books. He truly wanted to be the greatest president of all time. Which is why he constantly attempted to make parallels between himself and Ronald Reagan, Abraham Lincoln, etc. The most devastating thing that ever happened in his entire life was losing the election to Joe Biden. Which is why he can't let it go.

Pretty much everyone who runs for political office has narcissistic personality disorder. Same for people in the media and Hollywood. Why do you think people want to be rich? Why does Warren Buffett and Bill Gates get out of bed in the morning? To pay the bills? They're all narcissists and sociopaths. All of them.

I don't like any of these politicians, but claiming that Trump was destroying the country is complete political hack nonsense. As this thread clearly shows, the term "destroying the country" doesn't mean anything. To some "destroying the country" simply means lower wages for low-skilled laborers. To others it refers to more homeless people in San Francisco, or higher real-estate prices.

I hate to spoil your fun, but America wants high real-estate prices. We do everything we can to maintain and inflate the housing bubble. The worst possible thing that could happen to America is for real-estate prices to drop.
Read the several Rex Tillerson interviews. He specifically says that he tried to get Trump to follow the law to achieve policy goals, but Trump wasn't interested, wanting faster results. I am sure that part of that was Trump wanting to run the country like one of his businesses, but that's not how things work. The President doesn't rule through proclamation.

Trump turned Americans against each other far more than any President in history. His failure to come down hard on his white supremacist supporters, and his incitement of the January 6 insurrectionists make him a disgusting human being.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:39 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Read the several Rex Tillerson interviews. He specifically says that he tried to get Trump to follow the law to achieve policy goals, but Trump wasn't interested, wanting faster results.
Can you link me to which law Trump was breaking? Thanks.

Quote:
Trump turned Americans against each other far more than any President in history. His failure to come down hard on his white supremacist supporters, and his incitement of the January 6 insurrectionists make him a disgusting human being.
What do you mean come down hard on them? What should he have done differently?

Do white-supremacists like Donald Trump? You would probably call me a white-supremacist and I hate Donald Trump. He is an Israel-loving moron who didn't do anything to benefit white people. Even Richard Spencer was telling white-nationalists to vote for Biden.

https://www.newsweek.com/richard-spe...p-maga-1527141

https://www.newsweek.com/white-natio...eology-1544572

In fact, Donald Trump's share of the non-white vote was higher than any Republican since Ronald Reagan. Donald Trump spent literally four years sucking up to black people. The shift in the electorate that gave Joe Biden the win was white people.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54972389

Old 07-06-2021, 06:41 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I thought all of them were here to “steal our jerrbs!!!!”
IDK about jerrbs but not all of them are working and undercutting wages. The kids are going to school which requires teachers to devote more time to them due to the language issue, they are getting free meals, free medical, and other benefits. Someone got to stay home and take care of the babies and get the others off to school/daycare.

Old 07-06-2021, 08:41 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Once again, employers hiring illegals need to stop doing it. Just where is the willpower in this nation, in this economy, to put a stop to it?
Employers are greedy and only care about their profit margin. They are the other half of the problem, government/businesses. Those making a profit from low wage no power illegal aliens dont care. They arent affected by it like the working class, they dont have to worry about their income, they dont have to worry about the degradation of pubic schools, neighborhoods, drain on resources and infrastructure, increased crime, etc.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:31 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
If one wants to reign in the employers then talk to the Democrats who won't pass a nationwide e-verify law without a massive amnesty attached to it. The employers are held accountable when it is proven that they "knowingly" hired illegal aliens. There were several cases caught under the Trump administration. These illegal aliens many times use authentic looking fake or stolen documents/SS numbers to gain employment. Mandated e-verify would help put a stop to that.

As for those employers who pay their illegal workers in cash the only solution to stopping that is to finish the wall so they aren't able to get into our country in the first place or at least 90% of them won't be able to.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:48 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,005 times
Quote:
None of Trump's policies were beneficial. They created a bubble economy and also ignored many laws.

The US border with Mexico is 2000 miles long. You can't "clamp down" a border that long. If border agents have arrested a million illegal entrants, doesn't that imply at least a partial clampdown? Trump also broke the law by not allowing asylum seekers into teh country. He thought he could just proclaim a law or regulation, rather than have to follow the laws and procedures put into place.

Trump didn't listen to anyone at all. He claimed his gut is smarter than any expert. When told that what he wanted to do was legal, but the method was not, he didn't listen, and proceeded with the illegal method. Trump didn't care if he did a good job, he just wanted, and wants, sycophantic idiots to hang on his every word. Trump is mentally ill, for sure.

I don't like Biden that much, but he's not Trump, and he won't destroy the country like Trump was on a path to do.
Insane post of the day nominee.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:50 AM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Biden and Harris campaigned on letting the illegals in..."immigration reform".
Biden said anyone here in January can stay and Harris said she wanted to give everyone green cards.

Well we got it....de facto open borders with local LE not able to do a thing and CBP acting as the welcome center.

We have "Camp of the Saints" going on in the border states.

My friends in Texas say this surge is way worse than the one under Obama. I was in Texas during that surge and I saw the effects and I wasn't even near the border....central Texas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies