Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2021, 08:51 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
The closer we are to our founding principles from the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution, the better off our country is. People want to come to the United States because individual rights are protected here, more than anywhere else in the world - that, and the promise of lots of "free stuff from the government".
I think you make a lot of fatal assumptions about human-nature and society. In the first place, you sort of presuppose that America will exist into perpetuity. But men are held together only by force. If people were given an individual choice to secede, this country would fracture into a million pieces.

The founders were not chosen democratically, nor did they create a democracy. In fact, they created a kind of pseudo-aristocracy, and to the extent voting was allowed it was limited only to wealthy white men.

Secondly, America didn't come about through any sort of voluntary means. This fledgling country fought multiple rebellions in its early years, and George Washington himself marched an Army into Pennsylvania as president to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. Then this government set about taking as much North American territory as possible through wars with the Natives, Mexico, Spain, and of course the Civil War to prevent southern secession.

I'm very opposed to government education, but would there be a country without government education? Basically, why are we together? Why does this country exist?

Your argument seems to be that we're together under this government to protect our rights. But do I need this government to protect my rights? Is this the government I would choose?

The reality is, the United States only exists because the rich want it to exist. And the National Interests are the corporate interests. Government policy is fundamentally created by these elites who basically propagandize the masses through the media, mostly by fear and greed, and this weird team sport of democracy.

If you had your way, this country wouldn't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=notJuFGXQ9w

Old 07-01-2021, 08:55 AM

17,614 posts, read 6,894,659 times
People on this thread are acting like this is bad news, which it is, but keep in mind that it is all by design.

The Democrats are run by Marxists that want to destroy the country. It's that simple. There is no other explanation for allowing millions of illegal immigrants into the country, printing trillions of dollars of money, and continuing COVID panic ad infinitum. That doesn't even take into account the left wing takeover of academia, media, corporate America, and the federal bureaucracy that's been ongoing.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:05 AM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I think you make a lot of fatal assumptions about human-nature and society. In the first place, you sort of presuppose that America will exist into perpetuity. But men are held together only by force. If people were given an individual choice to secede, this country would fracture into a million pieces.

The founders were not chosen democratically, nor did they create a democracy. In fact, they created a kind of pseudo-aristocracy, and to the extent voting was allowed it was limited only to wealthy white men.

Secondly, America didn't come about through any sort of voluntary means. This fledgling country fought multiple rebellions in its early years, and George Washington himself marched an Army into Pennsylvania as president to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. Then this government set about taking as much North American territory as possible through wars with the Natives, Mexico, Spain, and of course the Civil War to prevent southern secession.

I'm very opposed to government education, but would there be a country without government education? Basically, why are we together? Why does this country exist?

Your argument seems to be that we're together under this government to protect our rights. But do I need this government to protect my rights? Is this the government I would choose?

The reality is, the United States only exists because the rich want it to exist. And the National Interests are the corporate interests. Government policy is fundamentally created by these elites who basically propagandize the masses through the media, mostly by fear and greed, and this weird team sport of democracy.

If you had your way, this country wouldn't exist.
Read the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution. Our founders created a government for the purpose of protecting individual freedom. It works great, as long as we live by it. Unethical influential people have corrupted our government and are destroying our country.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:08 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Its clear we are being trolled here by a hard core, likely ethnic SJW leftist. Maybe part of that latino college group promoting la reconquista. Who cares. Last couple of posts made it clear. You get nowhere with these clowns. All the things I listed in my last post describe the destruction of America. He has no problem with any of it.
The ignore feature is appropriate now.

Hey bubb lots of americans disagree with y0u and just want existing immigration laws enforced as they always have been. What youre supporting and biden is allowing is simply anarchy. A mob to take over just because they can.

America was not built upon that. Youll destroy it.

Im done youre ignored.
That's what I'm thinking. He is probably a Latino and part of the Reconquista agenda that thinks his ethnic group has the right to invade our country with impunity. You're right, you get nowhere with these clowns and why I have that person on ignore also.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
Read the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution. Our founders created a government for the purpose of protecting individual freedom. It works great, as long as we live by it. Unethical influential people have corrupted our government and are destroying our country.
It doesn't work great, which is why we never followed it. And half the founders were slave-owners.

The United States is a superpower precisely because we didn't listen to Thomas Jefferson and the anti-federalists. We're a superpower because we centralized power, subsidized industry, created a federal reserve banking system, fought countless wars, including against ourselves.

You must be new to politics. You sound like me 15 years ago.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...rpower/384034/

Again, the United States only exists because we went to war against the natives and took their land, and then killed all the rebels who tried to secede. If the government was made voluntary tomorrow, there would be no government.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:43 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,248,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's what I'm thinking. He is probably a Latino and part of the Reconquista agenda that thinks his ethnic group has the right to invade our country with impunity. You're right, you get nowhere with these clowns and why I have that person on ignore also.
Why must you always try to guess or draw out someone's ethnicity? It is strange and disturbing.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yes, anyone who doesn't instantly agree that America will be wiped off the map if we double our current number of illegal immigrants is obviously an Aztlan reconquista agent, rather than someone who isn't a moron. Hope you two have a nice circle-jerk.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
It doesn't work great, which is why we never followed it. And half the founders were slave-owners.

The United States is a superpower precisely because we didn't listen to Thomas Jefferson and the anti-federalists. We're a superpower because we centralized power, subsidized industry, created a federal reserve banking system, fought countless wars, including against ourselves.

You must be new to politics. You sound like me 15 years ago.

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...rpower/384034/

Again, the United States only exists because we went to war against the natives and took their land, and then killed all the rebels who tried to secede. If the government was made voluntary tomorrow, there would be no government.
The courts still follow the US Constitution and Declaration of Independence to a certain extent.

At the time the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution were written, slave ownership was commonplace around the world.

America is a superpower because people, like my grandfather, could start with absolutely nothing and build a multimillion-dollar company that employed hundreds of people.

If people aren't free individuals then they're slaves.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:39 AM

27,549 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Again, the United States only exists because we went to war against the natives and took their land, and then killed all the rebels who tried to secede.
A nation cannot exist unless you properly deal with outsiders and other people who try to harm your nation. So, of course you have to go to war from time to time.

It comes with the territory.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:58 AM

People go to war when some people try to hurt other people and take their stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies