Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 09:39 AM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

This will make the liberals gleeful, but it seems to be the same tactic as in the past.

Get someone on some low level offense and try to pressure and intimidate into carrying a narrative they can use against Trump.

Trump Organization CFO surrenders ahead of expected criminal tax charges

The Trump Organization's longtime chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, surrendered to authorities early Thursday ahead of an expected court appearance on the first criminal indictment in a two-year investigation into business practices at Donald Trump's company.

Weisselberg was photographed walking into the complex that houses criminal courts and the Manhattan district attorney's office at around 6:20 a.m. with his lawyer.

New York prosecutors were expected to announce an indictment Thursday accusing Weisselberg and the former U.S. president's namesake company of tax crimes related to fringe benefits for employees.

The case against Weisselberg — a loyal lieutenant to Trump and his real-estate-developer father, Fred — could give prosecutors the means to pressure the executive into co-operating and telling them what he knows about Trump's business dealings.

I guarantee you that numerous people have committed the same "crime" as this guy. Fringe benefits for employees - that certainly deserves solitary confinement.

It's the same playbook used to jail Manafort - but he didn't talk or comply with the liberal elites.

UPDATE: I should have added this is to the quoted portion.

In a statement, Weisselberg lawyers Mary Mulligan and Bryan Skarlatos said he "intends to plead not guilty and he will fight these charges in court."

Last edited by DRob4JC; 07-01-2021 at 10:40 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 09:42 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

I guarantee you that numerous people have committed the same "crime" as this guy.
Your point? If others are found to have broken the law I imagine they would also be prosecuted.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:48 AM

769 posts, read 299,554 times
Sounds like they are trying to drain the swamp. I am surprised you would be upset about this. If a crime is committed shouldn't the person or business be held responsible regardless of who they are?

Old 07-01-2021, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Your point? If others are found to have broken the law I imagine they would also be prosecuted.
They won't be. They haven't been. But they will be prosecuted if it can be used as leverage on political enemies.

They got Manafort on a decade old tax fraud charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Sounds like they are trying to drain the swamp. I am surprised you would be upset about this. If a crime is committed shouldn't the person or business be held responsible regardless of who they are?
Not upset... just being real with who these people are.

There are plenty of liberal elites who have committed un-prosecuted crimes.

Old 07-01-2021, 09:56 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
The highest-ranking employee of Donald Trump's business has turned himself in to authorities.

Yet ANOTHER person very close to the Trump family is looking at jail time.

How embarrassing for Donald Trump and the Trump Organization

Old 07-01-2021, 09:59 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,327,299 times
Looks like they're getting closer to the Queen Bee (Donald Trump) of the nest.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:07 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,251,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
They won't be. They haven't been. But they will be prosecuted if it can be used as leverage on political enemies.

They got Manafort on a decade old tax fraud charge.

Not upset... just being real with who these people are.

There are plenty of liberal elites who have committed un-prosecuted crimes.
Then they should be prosecuted. Mostly I see allegations with no proof but I agree, no one should be allowed to commit crimes without penalty.
Do you really believe Manafort should not have been prosecuted for his various financial crimes including tax evasion, bank fraud, and money laundering including conspiracy?
Hardly nothing at all.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The highest-ranking employee of Donald Trump's business has turned himself in to authorities.

Yet ANOTHER person very close to the Trump family is looking at jail time.

How embarrassing for Donald Trump and the Trump Organization
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Looks like they're getting closer to the Queen Bee (Donald Trump) of the nest.
You would be happy if it was a jaywalking charge that jailed him.

Meanwhile Fauci and Dazsak could have facilitated the deaths of 600K - and you wouldn't care. Biden is likely bought by China and Russia and you hit the snooze button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Then they should be prosecuted. Mostly I see allegations with no proof but I agree, no one should be allowed to commit crimes without penalty.
Do you really believe Manafort should not have been prosecuted for his various financial crimes including tax evasion, bank fraud, and money laundering including conspiracy?
Hardly nothing at all.
They don't operate in a normal world, so it's nice to imagine justice would be equitable - but that's not how they operate.

It's just like the people I quoted above - unequal justice. Conservatives and political enemies are treated harshly. Friends of liberal elites are allowed to be corrupt in the shadows.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:12 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,389,880 times
The Soviet Democrats are relentless.

Old 07-01-2021, 10:14 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,339,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post

I want to live in your world of unicorns and rainbows.
This is a politically motivated prosecution. Period. There is no world where every single person who commits a crime is prosecuted. You wouldn't want to live in such a world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies