Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2021, 10:37 PM

17,457 posts, read 6,789,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
WHAT DeSantis can't fix it?

Defund the police had nothing to do with Florida's murder rate increase.....

Stick on topic -- we are in Florida right now.
You’re always on Florida, we get that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2021, 10:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,932,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
So, less than the 25% increase in the US? Go DeSantis!
True. So if the goal was not to be average --Florida wasn't but obviously they need more cops trained.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:39 PM

654 posts, read 278,945 times
Quote:
DeSantis has protected Floridian's Constitutional rights during COVID, allowing individuals/small businesses to make decisions themselves. He prioritized the most vulnerable during the COVID vaccine rollouts. He made vaccines available to all Floridians 16 and older by April 5th, two weeks prior to Biden. He was a leader in monoclonal antibody treatment accessibility until Biden used his power as president (exclusive Regeneron purchase plan) "to get them out of the way". Yet, DeSantis pursued treatments elsewhere mitigating Biden's vindictiveness.

That's just off the top of my head.
Yep! Can't argue with any of that!

Old 09-17-2021, 10:43 PM

Quote:
DeSantis has protected Floridian's Constitutional rights during COVID, allowing individuals/small businesses to make decisions themselves. He prioritized the most vulnerable during the COVID vaccine rollouts. He made vaccines available to all Floridians 16 and older by April 5th, two weeks prior to Biden. He was a leader in monoclonal antibody treatment accessibility until Biden used his power as president (exclusive Regeneron purchase plan) "to get them out of the way". Yet, DeSantis pursued treatments elsewhere mitigating Biden's vindictiveness.

DeSantis was great with handing out the vaccine -- Canadians were so excited to get all their doses before they headed up ---thanks DeSantis.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:

DeSantis was great with handing out the vaccine -- Canadians were so excited to get all their doses before they headed up ---thanks DeSantis.

And Most of the surge of 12-19 year olds getting the vaccine was just the two weeks before school. Parents realized no masks - they better get those kids the jabs.

Old 09-17-2021, 10:45 PM

35,565 posts, read 20,909,470 times
Quote:

He kept beaches open while we were hoy with COVID and in turn opened up everything before Covid was under control and in 3 months Delta has killed thousands. This constitutional rights the few families complained about was never in question until Desantis meddled in it. In Dade county there are over 30,000 students, only 10 families complained of the masks. He got his base or supporters vaccineated first. The monoclonal treatments were already there. If I didn’t improve with my bout with COVID, My Dr was going to send me to get it, before He wanted to help line his buds pockets. But let’s be clear - it’s a good thing, but prevention us better and he’s got plenty of blood on his hands. He has allowed phosphate n sugar destroy our environment and worsen red tide with the piney point spill. He refused to raise the unemployment amount of $275 that is at least the same as 20 years ago when I applied once. No, he will let’s us all die of Covid before he gets his head out of the clouds. He’s not going to be president.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:08 PM

4,950 posts, read 2,213,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
True. So if the goal was not to be average --Florida wasn't but obviously they need more cops trained.
And DeSantis just signed HB 7051. What has Biden done, other than creating a crisis at the border, murder innocent Afgan children, abandon American citizens, eat ice cream, and reminisce about little children rubbing his hairy legs?

Old 09-17-2021, 11:15 PM

20,011 posts, read 20,696,807 times
Quote:
And DeSantis just signed HB 7051. What has Biden done, other than creating a crisis at the border, murder innocent Afgan children, abandon American citizens, eat ice cream, and reminisce about little children rubbing his hairy legs?
You forgot about getting 13 military personnel killed, leaving behind billions of dollars worth of arms and equipment, pissing off most of our allies, emboldening China and throwing Taiwan in front of the bus, emboldening the soviets, creating a terror farm, inflation, disregarding constitutional rights, and so much more!
Woo hoo! So many accomplishments!

Old 09-17-2021, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He kept beaches open while we were hoy with COVID and in turn opened up everything before Covid was under control and in 3 months Delta has killed thousands. This constitutional rights the few families complained about was never in question until Desantis meddled in it. In Dade county there are over 30,000 students, only 10 families complained of the masks. He got his base or supporters vaccineated first. The monoclonal treatments were already there. If I didn’t improve with my bout with COVID, My Dr was going to send me to get it, before He wanted to help line his buds pockets. But let’s be clear - it’s a good thing, but prevention us better and he’s got plenty of blood on his hands. He has allowed phosphate n sugar destroy our environment and worsen red tide with the piney point spill. He refused to raise the unemployment amount of $275 that is at least the same as 20 years ago when I applied once. No, he will let’s us all die of Covid before he gets his head out of the clouds. He’s not going to be president.
Thank GOD DeSantis kept beaches open. I spent 2-3 weekends a month enjoying the white sand beaches of The Emerald Coast in 2020. Saltwater is great for the sinuses and vitamin D overall for health. Not to mention the serenity of the sound of waves crashing on the shore. It was great for maintaining peace of mind during a pandemic and the Summer of Insurrection. Perhaps that is why the Florida murder rate was 10% less than the US average in 2020.

The rest of your post is influenced by emotions. DeSantis did not infect you with COVID nor did he stand in your way of protecting yourself against COVID. You had the ability to mitigate COVID exposure since very early in the pandemic. It is not anyone else's fault but yours that you got COVID. And I am sorry it that was more difficult for you, than most. But we are not responsible for you. You are responsible for yourself.

I hope that DeSantis does not become president. I do not want his leadership diluted by tyrannical blue states. I would prefer that he remains in Florida to complete two terms as governor.

There is no America anymore. There is no unity. Too many people are so obsessed with controlling others regardless of Constitutionally protected, God-given rights that America cannot exist anymore. We are better off transitioning to a siloed existence.

Old 09-17-2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
You forgot about getting 13 military personnel killed, leaving behind billions of dollars worth of arms and equipment, pissing off most of our allies, emboldening China and throwing Taiwan in front of the bus, emboldening the soviets, creating a terror farm, inflation, disregarding constitutional rights, and so much more!
Woo hoo! So many accomplishments!
The list of "accomplishments" is just too long to remember...

/s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies