Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2021, 05:59 PM

298 posts, read 116,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Yes, every generation has its own freaks and psychos etc. But generally speaking, was Gen X the last generation who weren't completely insane? I'm a millennial, though much more an early one. And even I and those my age I have talked to get very annoyed at the younger ones LOL. I just wonder if you think while, again, crazy people are always a thing, overall, Gen X was the last generation that wasn't completely nuts?
Boomers believe in QAnon.

So I would say that the last generation that wasn't completely insane was the GI Generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2021, 06:00 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
I don't know......."I just feel stupid and contagious"

Old 07-01-2021, 07:00 PM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
I'm gen x. My contemporaries are the ones that are responsible for raising these next generations.

I've seen these people that I've grown up with, turn into very shallow, vapid individuals. So, it's not surprising that they're raising such a weak generation.

This isn't to say that good parents don't exist anymore, but they seem hard to come by, these days.

This saying always comes to mind:

“Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Theres few strong men around anymore, but an abundance of weak men, so you can guess what part of the story we're at, now.
So true

Old 07-01-2021, 07:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Every generation stands on the shoulders of the last. If the last generation decided to step away to enjoy their own life and turn their children over to the state without watching over, then we all deserve this.

Break the downward spiral, get rid of the antagonist who think doing the opposite of the traditional position is an actual public policy.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:14 PM

7,353 posts, read 3,525,357 times
To group a whole generation...I know plenty of bonkers boomers, xers and beyond. I think the only respectable generation in our lifetime was the WW2 generation.

Old 07-01-2021, 07:56 PM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times
Millennials will change as they get older. I have btw.

Old 07-01-2021, 08:26 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
What's scary is with each new generation the outside control over them increases. Tied to their screens and bombarded with whatever narratives the powers that be want to push on them, it's increasingly difficult to have young people learn to think logically. Everything has been boiled down to "either think THIS or YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON" anymore. There is no learning, no discussing, no different opinions about anything allowed. "bonkers" doesn't begin to describe it. We did it to ourselves and people are gleeful about it. We deserve to loose.

Old 07-01-2021, 08:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
What's scary is with each new generation the outside control over them increases. Tied to their screens and bombarded with whatever narratives the powers that be want to push on them, it's increasingly difficult to have young people learn to think logically. Everything has been boiled down to "either think THIS or YOU'RE A HORRIBLE PERSON" anymore. There is no learning, no discussing, no different opinions about anything allowed. "bonkers" doesn't begin to describe it. We did it to ourselves and people are gleeful about it. We deserve to loose.
Do you interact with young people at all?

I have a different view. The kids I've seen in the last few years are thoughtful, more informed at 18 than I was at 18, aware, smart......hard working.

Old 07-01-2021, 08:51 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Perhaps, I think we buy less into the cult of victimhood compared to the younger generations. However, we are also the helicopter parents.
That is true. We all grew up staying outside from morning to dinnertime without adults watching us. Now..we are hovering over our kids thinking that everyone is a predator.
But I think because most of us was in our late teens and 20s when the Internet became widely used, we have become like this.

Old 07-01-2021, 08:56 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Millennials will change as they get older. I have btw.
It's usually how it works, young people are overly idealistic and frankly sort of a bit more narrow in their world views, contrary to what their more liberal nature would suggest.

When you get older you tend to see the world in the more larger, less idealistic and more pragmatic view. One can still be a liberal person as they age, but again, pragmatism tends to seep in a bit more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies