Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 04:33 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,451,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
FOX NEWS is a legitimate news station. Just as legitimate as Clinton Network News... accept it! They report "less news?" On what do you base that?

O'Reilly is a commentator, not a news reporter. He expresses opinions. And if you were to criticize everyone on a news channel who has sworn, you would have to criticize virtually 100% of them! Come on... do you really think that other reporters never swear when the camera isn't rolling? Of course, when some liberal does it, many defend him. Double standard!

The Rathergate scandal a few years ago shows how ridiculous those leftist stations are; there has never been a scandal on Fox News remotely similar to that one.
I think Bill O'Reilly's personal life is so scandalous that he's maxed out in the department of credibility.

And no, I've never seen/heard anyone on TV swear or throw a tantrum as he did. But of course I'd love a link to back up your statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2008, 07:11 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Is Olbermann a credible news reporter?

What about Dan Rather??

Perhaps some of you could post what oyu consider a credible news source?

Thanks.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:08 PM

7,065 posts, read 3,106,065 times
Quote:
No. I think he phrased it wrong and as usual the media took it out of context.
In Defense Of Bill O'Reilly

As posted in the link, the boy filed a police report when his new bike was stolen, yet did not mention that he was the kidnapped boy.

You have got to be kidding me? He phrased it wrong, then the media took it out of context? I saw and heard with my own two eyes and my own two ears. He said what he said. No one took anything out of context. I saw in on the air when it was originally aired.

So you are blaming the little boy for not saying anything to the police? As a child, were you ever kidnapped, raped and then threatened to be killed if you told anyone? Adults never intimidated you when you were a child?

Do you have any sort of common sense?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

What about Dan Rather??

Thanks.

Show me where the Olberman thread is. I have a lot of things to say about him too.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
FOX NEWS is a legitimate news station. Just as legitimate as Clinton Network News... accept it! They report "less news?" On what do you base that?

O'Reilly is a commentator, not a news reporter. He expresses opinions. And if you were to criticize everyone on a news channel who has sworn, you would have to criticize virtually 100% of them! Come on... do you really think that other reporters never swear when the camera isn't rolling? Of course, when some liberal does it, many defend him. Double standard!
Hmm, as I was channel surfing and I came across Red Eye. Carrie Ann Brown (I guess she was trying to be cool?) had to be bleeped because she said the F word. She was on the air. Where is the professionalism?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post

What about Dan Rather??

Thanks.
Olbermann is a commentator. Rather is a real journalist dating way back when. I am over the hill but remember one of the tenets of being a real journalist (as I almost did this in college) was to report only the facts with no entertainment value involved. We don't have that anymore. I think Walter Conkrite was a real journalist (ie credible news reporter).

Old 05-25-2008, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
Hmm, as I was channel surfing and I came across Red Eye. Carrie Ann Brown (I guess she was trying to be cool?) had to be bleeped because she said the F word. She was on the air. Where is the professionalism?
Who is Carrie Ann Brown? Is she a news reporter? Or commentator on the news on a reputable channel?

Old 05-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missncr View Post
Show me where the Olberman thread is. I have a lot of things to say about him too.
You can do a search in this forum.

Old 05-25-2008, 01:34 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
another professional agitator. his job is to work you up. if you are not angry, then he has failed. he is human like everybody else. many get on TV and radio dress up like conservatives (or liberals) but they rarely are who they portray.
hey rosie, where you gonin with that gun in your hand...(jimmie hendrix, hey joe, sing it)

Old 05-25-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Who is Carrie Ann Brown? Is she a news reporter? Or commentator on the news on a reputable channel?
That might not be her name. I am looking for it.

She is on FOX News. She usually does the news updates during the middle of whatever show is on.

Edit Update: Her name is Patti Ann Browne. Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by missncr; 05-25-2008 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: update
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies