Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 01:07 AM

7,146 posts, read 4,740,951 times

Advertisements

The delta variant is less deadly with about the death rate of seasonal flu.
There won’t be more lockdowns.
The UK variant was supposed to be rampant in this country too.
We heard fear mongering of how much more contagious it was, and deadlier.
Never happened.
People are over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 05:35 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Wow.

Ok, that's it. Add another to the ignore list. ...
LOL

Do you think anyone cares if you ignore them?

Think again.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Do you have a reference for this?

The Delta variant is causing a lot of trouble in countries like India and it has already become dominant in the USA, so we know it is much more highly transmissible (to be able to overtake the earlier established types). It would be comforting to know the death rate is lower than other forms but I have seen nothing on that.

Old 07-07-2021, 02:49 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
The elites are thinking, if we knew it would be so easy to control people, we'd have done this years ago! Power is an addictive drug and they don't want to give it up without a fight.

All power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Old 07-07-2021, 02:53 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,718,532 times
Quote:

**if vaccinated

Old 07-07-2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
The elites are thinking, if we knew it would be so easy to control people, we'd have done this years ago! Power is an addictive drug and they don't want to give it up without a fight.

All power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
... and absolute anonymity corrupts social media posters, who make up all kinds of nonsense and spread it around.

Old 07-07-2021, 04:02 PM

35,700 posts, read 21,054,375 times
Quote:
Never happened.
People are over it.
Some states the hospitals are filling up. I think the treatments is what's important. I am almost there- my son's GF don't sound too good but still playing with Vics products and a humidifier, scary. I pray she see a DR. before gets truly messed up.
You know nobody on this forum has any idea about anyone's health an how they will meet the challenge of recuperating if they get Covid, Delta etc. Stop discouraging folks- really.

Old 07-07-2021, 04:12 PM

5,067 posts, read 2,278,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Do you have a reference for this?

The Delta variant is causing a lot of trouble in countries like India and it has already become dominant in the USA, so we know it is much more highly transmissible (to be able to overtake the earlier established types). It would be comforting to know the death rate is lower than other forms but I have seen nothing on that.
The problem is that with so many vaccinated, there’s no way to do a true comparison to the first version of the virus when no one was vaccinated and we didn’t know to keep the elderly protected. All we can do is look at current statistics, but our media hyperventilates and cherry picks. See the latest NY Times article referenced in ElliotCA’s thread. They are trying to make a huge issue over Missouri, and if you look at only one set of numbers - like percentage increases - it does sound bad. Then you look at MO compared to other states and realize it’s much ado about nothing, really. A case and death rate scarcely any higher than any other state.

Old 07-07-2021, 04:16 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Never happened.
People are over it.
IF FULLY VACCINATED! The data points to much better outcomes in fully-vaccinated people.
It has been having the biggest impact on un-vaccinated (or even partially vaccinated) thus far.
Bottom line is people should get VACCINATED and not take chances with this!!!!!!
I admit, there is some fear mongering, but we have witnessed during the last year the morbidity it can cause (beyond just death).

Even though death rates may be low, I would not want to experience COVID at all based on the experience people I know who unfortunately got it (and the unknown long-term implications).

Old 07-07-2021, 11:40 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I asked my co-worker if she had been vaccinated and he said "no", neither she nor her husband took the vaccine. Then he said "My wife and I are not vaccinated either, we have our reasons". I was a little bit creeped out by it.

Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies