Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 10:26 AM

3,217 posts, read 1,604,262 times

Advertisements

Sometimes it seems like the only difference between woke and racism is that one side sees shame and the other side sees pride…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 10:39 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
This has been posted here several times. It is funny, but woke and racists are nothing alike.

My favorite part of the video is... "White people should be making white food, like craft macaroni and cheese, no seasoning, not even salt."

My food tends to be pretty bland. And I definitely wouldn't put any seasoning on my mac and cheese.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:41 AM

10,088 posts, read 7,761,924 times
The fact that this question is even asked is why this administration is horrible and not doing a good job. This is all they concentrate on. We're all sick and tired of it. Let's concentrate on real issues.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:57 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
The fact that this question is even asked is why this administration is horrible and not doing a good job. This is all they concentrate on. We're all sick and tired of it. Let's concentrate on real issues.
It's Fox News and the right wing that's obsessed with "woke." Outside of right-wing media, that's not a term that's ever used.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:02 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
This has been posted here several times. It is funny, but woke and racists are nothing alike.
I'm curious. Which commonalities in the video are false then?
  • Your racial identity is the most important thing about you.
  • Everything should be looked at through the lens of race.
  • People of color vs colored people -- both essentially saying the same thing and sticking non-whites separate group as an "other".
  • Blacks are assumed to be a mono-culture by both the woke and the racists, where everybody thinks, acts and votes exactly the same way. The same is assumed by both the woke and the racist about Hispanics and every other minority group.
  • They both believe that hiring on the basis of race is a good idea.
  • They both believe segregation is a good idea.
  • They both believe acting and voice acting must match up racially.
  • They both believe that white people are superior to black people, only disagreeing about what to do about that inherent superiority.
  • They both oppose interracial dating and marriage.
  • Everyone should stick to their own across the board. Borrowing culture from others is evil and wrong.
  • Racism is the default state of white people.
  • You shouldn't cross the racial divide when shopping or purchasing goods or services.
  • White people are the root of all evil, (Those white people being Jews in the case of the racists of course.)

Comedy often does a good job of pointing humanity and laughing when we're being ridiculous and stupid. Wokism and Racsim are both ridiculous and stupid. We're all just people. Nothing but bad outcomes -- past, present and future -- comes from obsessing about how we're different.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:04 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobert View Post
Holy crap that was boring!! How does a person sit through the whole thing without contemplating suicide?? I didn't last 60 seconds. A man can only take so much you know.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:08 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times
I challenge anyone to try to find a wokester who is not virulently racist to the core. Being a passionate racist is the fundamental most component of being woke. You literally cannot be woke without being a racist.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:19 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,809,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I challenge anyone to try to find a wokester who is not virulently racist to the core. Being a passionate racist is the fundamental most component of being woke. You literally cannot be woke without being a racist.
All being "woke" means is not supporting the agenda of the Christian Right.

If you believe LGBTQ people should be treated equally in our society, you are "woke."
If you believe that a woman should have control over her own reproductive organs, you are "woke."
If you believe that America was founded on the idea of separation of church and state and that religion shouldn't have a say in how our secular society is governed, you are "woke."
If you believe the facts about police brutality and the inconsistent way justice is applied based on race, you are "woke."
If you believe in climate change, you are "woke."
If you believe the Confederacy is a stain on U.S. history and is not something that should be celebrated, you are "woke."
If you believe there are multiple ways to be a "real American", you are "woke."
If you want to give legitimacy to any view of U.S. history other than the white-centric point of view, you are "woke."

Old 07-02-2021, 11:57 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I'm curious. Which commonalities in the video are false then?
I love the video, I've shown it to all my friends, I laugh every time I watch it. But while there are "commonalities" between the intersectional left and racists when it comes to identity. The practical outcomes of the two, and the actual way they see the world, have little in common.

Do you know anyone who is racist? What do they want? What would their ideal world actually look like? Compare that to the wokesters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Nothing but bad outcomes -- past, present and future -- comes from obsessing about how we're different.
Why?

Old 07-02-2021, 12:11 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
However, it is just Anti WHITE Racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies