Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 01:56 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
He sounds like an idiot, but he's actually not wrong. Communities of color are disproportionately housed in densely packed urban neighborhoods, where there is a much greater proportion of heat-absorbing blacktop and concrete and asphalt. It's not as simple as A=B, heat risk is due to racism. But rather, A=B=C, heat risk is due (to an extent) on the legacy of exclusionary zoning practices, which resulted from racism.
Yes. But. The progressive ideal is that most people be housed in densely packed urban neighborhoods so they better get to changing those landscapes and planting some trees and making more greenspace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 02:06 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What about yellow snow? Or the infamous brown snow (which definitely does not taste like chocolate )?
You worry me sir. How exactly do you know this?

Old 07-03-2021, 02:24 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Ed Markey of Mass. UGH he is such a loon that has never done much for the people of Massachusetts or the nation but he sure knows how to talk and talk. He is the perfect match for his cohort Liz Warren.

I guess in a way Markey has evolved because he used to blame the heat of the Summer on Global Warming but now it is Racist. We can fix racism.

Maybe along with Warren's demands that the Feds pay off student loans up to $50,000 Markey can add that everyone gets an AC unit. It could be part of Biden's infrastructure Trillion dollar scheme.
I never did like Markey. Years ago, he was our congressman---and a worthless one at that. He never sent out any newsletters. Nor did he attempt to keep his constituents informed. Long after we moved, we noticed that he got elected to the senate. All I could think of is "why?" What did he ever do to earn it? But it's MA. They will vote for anything with a "D" after their name. Although, they do have moments of clarity and elect a republican governor from time to time.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:30 AM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
In all seriousness, I would love to see that happen. Crime spikes in the summer, and while part of that is due to more people (i.e. potential criminals and their victims) being out and about, part of it is because people get cranky when they got hot, and cranky people are more likely to resort to violence. I would actually bet that universal air conditioning would result in a reduced crime rate. I would love to see someone try a pilot program somewhere to see if this would actually happen.
Remember that summer in Chicago a few years back? They had a bad heat wave and people were dying from heat stroke. The city gave out a/c units to people in the poor neighborhoods. After the summer was over, many of them sold their a/c units.

Old 07-03-2021, 02:39 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Once again the left has out-Babylon-Bee'd itself.

Old 07-03-2021, 06:12 PM

6,740 posts, read 6,727,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICANRICAN View Post
( MY OP yes folks the weather is racist now!!)
I saw some clouds today that looked whiter than a Klansman's sheet. AOC should be tweeting about this. And notice how no one likes the black clouds, and yellow-tinged clouds of color are considered bad for the environment by many white people. It's time we stand up for all clouds of color, and stop appropriating rainbows for human causes, especially when we let them fade away quickly due to privileged white clouds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies