Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 03:14 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump won't win so it's best to move on to someone who can
Most likely a Democrat for the next few terms.
Trump has poisoned the well for the GOP. Just look at the sorry likes of Cruz, Desantis, Cotton, Josh Hawley, Tucker Carlson, and Lindsey Graham. Each one would cut the throat of any and all of the others. The same with Trump. If Trump is alive, vertical, and still running around loose his ego and narcissism and need for conning people out of their savings will force him to run again...a spoiler. Everything he touches goes to manure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 04:21 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
dems take the award for being obnoxious Karen's.....you point fingers at something you don't know about....
You call people names because you don't agree with their politics or policies, tell me, what makes dems so much better?

I watched as they tore down whole cities, burned them to the ground, defaced government properties....actually shot people, blocked traffic, hurled bricks and urine filled bottles at officers....and then you have the nerve to make this statement? You need to brush up on what is actually happening in the world....and who is behind all of this hate....instead of calling people names like a five year old, because they have a different belief system then yours.

One dirty cop makes the whole entire force look bad, well so do people who call others names, burn down cities and riot to prove their point, why? Because the truth eludes them, they only see and believe what they want to....and yet, they are the problem
Obnoxious behavior cost Trump the election. He even tried to tone it down in the second debate. Having people think you're an ******* only works for a minority of voters.

Old 07-04-2021, 04:53 PM

5,897 posts, read 3,898,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Obnoxious behavior cost Trump the election. He even tried to tone it down in the second debate. Having people think you're an ******* only works for a minority of voters.
While I agree that his obnoxious behavior didn't help, his inability to handle the COVID crisis was the kiss of death for him.

Old 07-04-2021, 04:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
While I agree that his obnoxious behavior didn't help, his inability to handle the COVID crisis was the kiss of death for him.
True

Having an obnoxious and divisive President doesn't work well when facing a national crisis.

Old 07-04-2021, 04:58 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,109 times
DeSantis is simply AWESOME!

He is extremely intelligent and deals with the media the way they should be, yet he does not have the personality defect Trump has.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I didn't realize that. So this is the end to recovering remains?

With 100 still missing and likely in the rubble?
No. They will be dropping the building next to the debris pile so they can then proceed with the search in areas they can't currently because of fear of the building failing on them.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
Two alpha males on the same ticket won’t work. De Santis is too much of his own man to play second fiddle to Trump. By declining to attend Trump’s rally, he is already distancing himself from Trump. Saying the tragedy of the collapsed condo prevents him from attending is a convenient excuse. I think De Santis is probably a much better politician than Trump. As others have said, he supports most of the policies that Trump did, but isn’t quite as toxic and polarizing. If he does run in 2024, he can probably attract voters who don’t like the Democrats but just couldn’t bring themselves to vote for Trump.
Exactly. I couldn't and wouldn't vote for Trump (not Hilary or Biden either), but I will vote as many times as I can get away with for DeSantis.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:45 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'm liking DeSantis more and more. He has the toughness and common sense of Trump but with the polish of a politician.
Exactly my thoughts. I almost try to dislike Trump because, honestly, he's somewhat of a jerk, but I can't. Every time I hear him speak he makes more and more sense.

But my goodness, almost anybody would be better than what we have now. People saying "Well, that's Joe" are getting a little old.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:48 PM

12,967 posts, read 9,489,942 times
Quote:
True

Having an obnoxious and divisive President doesn't work well when facing a national crisis.
He handled the Covid crisis pretty well - the vaccines were developed under his watch and with his persistence. And he was probably less divisive than the current administration. I suppose opinion on what is divisive is a matter of perspective though.

Old 07-05-2021, 12:19 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
didn't cost Trump anything....
I guess you haven't viewed the turn outs at any of his rallies. There is no way Bidon won no way in hell. The truth will come out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies