Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 08:01 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Ultimately it was banned in part due to racism so the fact it’s still against the IOC rules/still semi-banned/taboo in society is in part a legacy result of racism. I don’t agree with the far left’s crying racist over everything but in this case I think the argument has merit.

Except for the fact that the rules apply to everyone, regardless of race.

Unless you're saying that minorities are more likely to use illegal drugs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 08:05 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Because of our Team America World Police busy-body nature that spread it through all of our economic, military, sanctions, coups, and other various nation building we’ve done.
Are you meaning a kind of Americian global colonialism that "colonises" the legal systems of most countries, including fellow western ones?

An interesting idea, but I'm more inclined to think of pot prohibition as being more homegrown for most western countries, and not unrelated at attempts to prohibit alcohol in many places.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:27 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I'd say her statement is actually what is racist. It's basically the same as saying, "Hey, the rule against pot is racist because blacks cannot function without it and everyone else can."

AOC has the amazing ability to reaffirm on an almost daily basis that she is the stupidest person alive today.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:29 PM

43,094 posts, read 18,259,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I'd say her statement is actually what is racist. It's basically the same as saying, "Hey, the rule against pot is racist because blacks cannot function without it and everyone else can."

AOC has the amazing ability to reaffirm on an almost daily basis that she is the stupidest person alive today.
But she has a following that believes what she says. That is more dangerous then being stupid.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:32 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
there is a big difference between institutional racism and one on one.....

with drug laws if one bothered to look up their history you will find anti mexicanism at the heart of anti-marijuana laws , anti-Chinese group pushing anti opium laws and of course the deranged black cocaine rapist at he heart of cocaine laws..
This isn't a law. This is rule from the World Anti-Doping Agency.

All Olympic athletes know it is a rule and checked for.

I get it all drugs were outlawed because racism supposedly. This rule applies to all Olympic athletes, but it is racist, because apparently racism. The science appears to be outdated or in question, but it was banned by the WADA because they thought it could be potentially performance enhancing.

I think it is a dumb rule and she should see if she can get the rule changed, but it is a rule that applies to all and it wasn't a surprise to her when she chose to break the rule.

I would dare say it comes from a position of privilege to willingly break the rule you know is in existence and then play victim when caught.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

This is totally the way that the left sees blacks. OMG it's humiliating!

Old 07-03-2021, 08:37 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,308,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
This isn't a law. This is rule from the World Anti-Doping Agency.

All Olympic athletes know it is a rule and checked for.

I get it all drugs were outlawed because racism supposedly. This rule applies to all Olympic athletes, but itnis racist, because apparently racism.

I think it is a dumb rule and she should see if she can get the rule changed, but it is a rule that applies to all and it wasn't a surprise to her when she chose to break the rule.

I would dare say it comes from a position of privilege to willingly break the rule you know is in existence and then play victim when caught.
the runner has not played victim though.

many if not most on this thread clearly favor legalization.

it's this "racism!!111!!" and "Colonialism!!!" crap though.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:02 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Politics, legality, and the US war on drugs absolutely are involved in it being placed on the WADA list.
The doping rules that cost Sha’Carri Richardson have a debated, political history
You are not understanding, the organizations still are not in the US, there are still plenty of drugs banned by those organizations, yet legal to use.

Has nothing to do with the US, you should try not to be so US centric, not everything in the world revolves around the US.

Old 07-03-2021, 09:06 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Instrument….It’s Systemic….It’s about injustice….Lol

Old 07-03-2021, 09:31 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
What a bunch of crap! It was like that in the beginning. A lot of things were wrong in their beginnings.

BUT, today is today and almost everyone uses marijuana (Full disclosure, because I could lose my license before I gave it up after 50 years, and lose my carry permit because it is still a Federal law, I never acquired a taste for it--but many of our friends did)

We cannot live in the past!
On man's crap is another woman's golden opportunity to sow more racial discord. Progressives continue to insist that America not only live in the past, but become ever more angry about it as separation from it in time increases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies