Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 11:32 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,176,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It's possible a lot of idiotic anti vaxxers out there.
Covid genetic treatment c...p is not a vaccine...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 11:42 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It's possible a lot of idiotic anti vaxxers out there.
Really?

Don’t know where this opinion comes from; many people that didn’t or don’t vaccinate are rather highly informed and intellectual people. Many of them, oddly enough, are physicians (!!). People who write in the media or on social networks about not vaccinating are usually very well informed persons. People who wrote books about it and who give information about studies and research about natural immunity and the dangers of modern vaccines are MD’s. (Who else could have access to all those medical files, let’s be honest…)

People have a choice, their body, their choice remember? I don't think it is compassionate or wise to demonize people like this. Just respect each other's decision, live and let live.

I got my second one several weeks ago, I will never call others idiots just because they made different choice. I don't worry about unvaccinated people either. Either I trust the vaccine or I don't. I am under the impression that I would be protected, so why worrying about people who haven't gotten the vaccination?!

My friend( fully vaccinated) is currently battling Covid right now at this very moment. Enough for me to doubt the effectiveness of this vaccination because he's an educated, very responsible person. He traveled once after the vaccination, and now he got it.

I will still choose to be careful, that's all I can do. NO need to call other people idiots.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:48 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,883,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
My opinion is wait a little longer between two. I have to wait 6 weeks because contracted COVID
This is why I'm insistent on only dealing with one dose vaccines because of this possibility and the logistics nightmare. The whole 2 dose thing was tolerated due to us having no way to treat COVID, so i was pleased when I was able to get J&J which contained similar ingredients to other vaccines people commonly get, such as the flu shot, and not have to worry about potentially bizarre side effects.

Now that J&J is no longer available I will only get a booster with Novavax, which I believe will be produced in Georgia (state), is not new tech and is only one dose.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

My friend( fully vaccinated) is currently battling Covid right now at this very moment. Enough for me to doubt the effectiveness of this vaccination because he's an educated, very responsible person. He traveled once after the vaccination, and now he got it.

I will still choose to be careful, that's all I can do. NO need to call other people idiots.
Yeah you have the nimrods running around screaming to the rooftops "I'm vaccinated, everything is back to normal now take your f***ing mask off ya wimp!!!!"

Nearly 1 in 3 Americans has a moderate to severe health problem. It's already been proven by immunology experts that people with complicating factors should think about continuing to mask up, because the vaccines only prevent severe illness leading to death from COVID specifically, but they won't protect against infection reliably. And there's a chance you could still die from COVID exacerbating pre-existing conditions, which as I mentioned many Americans have.

Absolutely nobody in this country should be cavalier about this. It's not over by a long shot.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:56 AM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
Also, teens and toddlers, please beware when your time comes.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ee/7841643002/

Why are you posting misinformation. Everyone should be more concerned about giving people one peanut than any of the approved vaccines for COVID-19.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Yeah you have the nimrods running around screaming to the rooftops "I'm vaccinated, everything is back to normal now take your f***ing mask off ya wimp!!!!"

Nearly 1 in 3 Americans has a moderate to severe health problem. It's already been proven by immunology experts that people with complicating factors should think about continuing to mask up, because the vaccines only prevent severe illness leading to death from COVID specifically, but they won't protect against infection reliably. And there's a chance you could still die from COVID exacerbating pre-existing conditions, which as I mentioned many Americans have.

Absolutely nobody in this country should be cavalier about this. It's not over by a long shot.

The vaccines do not always keep someone from getting infected but the do much more than your post would indicate.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
This is why I'm insistent on only dealing with one dose vaccines because of this possibility and the logistics nightmare. The whole 2 dose thing was tolerated due to us having no way to treat COVID, so i was pleased when I was able to get J&J which contained similar ingredients to other vaccines people commonly get, such as the flu shot, and not have to worry about potentially bizarre side effects.

Now that J&J is no longer available I will only get a booster with Novavax, which I believe will be produced in Georgia (state), is not new tech and is only one dose.

And the protection may be lower and you will need a booster at some point.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Why are you posting misinformation. Everyone should be more concerned about giving people one peanut than any of the approved vaccines for COVID-19.
It's not misinformation. That story is 100% true.

Young Boys should be offered either Moderna or preferably J&J.

The heart inflammation issue seems to be concentrated with young Men, while the blood clot issue affects Women of child bearing age. So there may be a case for different vaccines by gender. Men and Women are biologically different after all.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:01 PM

Quote:
It's not misinformation. That story is 100% true.

Young Boys should be offered either Moderna or preferably J&J.

The heart inflammation issue seems to be concentrated with young Men, while the blood clot issue affects Women of child bearing age. So there may be a case for different vaccines by gender. Men and Women are biologically different after all.

A tiny, tiny, tiny percentage. Peanuts are more dangerous.

Old 07-04-2021, 12:07 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usernametaken View Post
My neighbor did not get his second vaccine dose. Partly due to his persistent shoulder pain; partly due to pre-existing original doubts; and significantly due to my scorn about the whole thing during our weekly conversations.

Now I just read that 15 million Americans have skipped their second dose:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...vid19-vaccine/

And the funniest anecdote ever on this subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/covi...194816920.html

Will this be the next big market for pharmaceutical companies and doctors? Anxiety disorders in patients who already got the vaccine (1 or 2 doses) and now have major regrets and fears?
"..significantly due to my scorn about the whole thing..."

The best and quickest way we have to get over this pandemic and get our country fully back to normal is via the vaccine. It is therefore important that the largest possible percentage of our citizens get fully vaccinated.

You have the right to refuse the vaccine. But by persuading others to skip their first or second dose, you are doing a great disservice to your country. Hope you're happy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies