Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 07:18 AM

9,892 posts, read 10,836,444 times

Advertisements

Gov. Greg Abbott has just reached Grand Master level in epic trolling, while also enacting a popular policy that will do some good for his state.

The Democrats wanted to get the COVID stimulus funding through Congress without much in the way of oversight or strings. The idea there wasn’t noble or pure. It was all about helping blue states out of their own self-made fiscal disasters. It was also about sticking it to the red states, which tend to be more fiscally responsible than the blue states.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...media-n1458343
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2021, 07:25 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,519,269 times
I’m a pro-wall Texan. I am happy to see the project completed at just about any cost.

I’m fed up with the presence of MS-13 in my city, which is almost 200 miles from the border. We have foster children sleeping in social services offices in order to make room in foster care for all the unaccompanied children showing up here. Cartel murders are up. It’s all bad for Texas.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:27 AM

45,647 posts, read 27,268,345 times
Why does it have to be trolling? It's just a smart use of the money that benefits the state.

Old 06-30-2021, 07:48 AM

24,027 posts, read 15,129,288 times
I'd be all for if the Great State of Texas had ever done anything to discourage illegals in the first place.

Texas wanted illegals. The Texas employment laws encourage them. Texans pays for anchor babies. Texas school finance system took from well off districts to give to poor districts. They then told local homeowners and ISDs if you raise your taxes any income over what we deem you should have will be taken from you by the state.

Texas does not keep records of how much the state spends on illegals. They have no clue. Or how much illegals workers enhance the economy.

Passing e verify and licensing contractors would be a start. But then the builders who also financed the Texas republican party won't like that.

Many. many years ago a newspaper did an article about American outlawed DDT. The writer went to Mexico, took pictures of DDT trucks spraying the tomato fields. Then they went back to the field when they were harvested. They followed the trucks full of tomatoes back to a beloved statewide chain of grocery stores. That owner was also part of the group that defeated E verify in Texas. BTW, the paper was alerted to the DDT use by a Texas Ranger.

The lege just laughed when a chicken processor who benefits from illegals went on the house floor passing out 100 dollar bills.

Old 06-30-2021, 08:12 AM

43,232 posts, read 18,372,336 times
That's the way the Dems roll....throw out the money with no rules and then whine about it when it goes somewhere else.

Old 06-30-2021, 08:15 AM

35,754 posts, read 21,113,936 times
And the poor Texans will starve to keep their state red

Old 06-30-2021, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
And the poor Texans will starve to keep their state red
Can you explain what you mean by this?

Old 06-30-2021, 08:17 AM

4,667 posts, read 1,961,011 times
Well the money is meeting its purpose. We have no way to check if all these /cough immigrants are Covid vaccinated. Therefore putting walls up is a way to help us combat the spread of Covid. Build the Wall slow the spread.....

Old 06-30-2021, 09:00 AM

35,754 posts, read 21,113,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Can you explain what you mean by this?
The money was to help those impacted by the virus etc. If goes to the wall it won’t put food on their table or pay the rent. The states money was to compensate for all the tax revenue lost during lock downs. Some returned it. Texas has some very needy areas. But they vote against their interests. Does the border thing need help. Yes all the way from Panama. Middle Eastern African etc go to Quito and find their way to the Darien n start the caravans. They need to do away with the gangs in Honduras, El Sal and Guat - but the top is corrupt. Biggest problem of all -we are the consumer - we consume drugs and people. If no drugs less gangs n corruption , less cartels and gangs. N I have COVID bad typos n what not. Full of pills sorry

Old 06-30-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
The money was to help those impacted by the virus etc. If goes to the wall it won’t put food on their table or pay the rent. The states money was to compensate for all the tax revenue lost during lock downs. Some returned it. Texas has some very needy areas. But they vote against their interests. Does the border thing need help. Yes all the way from Panama. Middle Eastern African etc go to Quito and find their way to the Darien n start the caravans. They need to do away with the gangs in Honduras, El Sal and Guat - but the top is corrupt. Biggest problem of all -we are the consumer - we consume drugs and people. If no drugs less gangs n corruption , less cartels and gangs. N I have COVID bad typos n what not. Full of pills sorry
I am in partial agreement with you here, but I take exception to your choice of words that Texans will starve.

Nobody -and I mean nobody- in Texas is starving.

Many Mexican Americans down in the RGV are poor, but proud. They earned their citizenship, and these people most of all don’t want illegal immigration in their counties. They fare worse financially when their job market is choked out with illegal labor. They want protection, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies