Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 02:45 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh poor persecuted whites. Represented 100% for decades, living the high life, and now all of a sudden companies are finally like wait a minute, this country is made up of all types of people. And the whites lose their minds. Poor babies.
No one said anything about Whites being persecuted, other than you.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:50 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
They don’t have to say it word for word, claiming that blacks make up a smaller percentage but are represented at a higher percentage in ads, etc tells us otherwise.

Old 07-06-2021, 04:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
When I turn on sports I am turning it on to watch athletes compete.

I am not turning it on to hear what any athlete or announcer things about any political, social or legal issue.

I have other outlets for that.

If they want to talk about those things then they should go on those outlets.

What part of interested in sports don't you understand?
I stand by my comments. If the athletes and talking heads were saying things that you agree with, you’d have no issues.

You’ve become too political. It’s radicalizing you and millions of others. Sports have always had a political facet. Muhammad Ali wasn’t political?

Come on...stop it. SMH

Old 07-06-2021, 04:23 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
All I can say is, is Mrs Nichols didn't get the job either by her own merits. Her husband just happens to be the step son of Diane Sawyer, long time A-rated journalist for both CBS and ABC. So, you do the math.

Old 07-06-2021, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
71+% white vs less than 20% black. It is illogical to market more to blacks. Not to mention whites on average have more money due to hard work.
Yeah, except for the hard work part. NOPE! Not even.

Quote:
gg didn't say Whites lost anything.

You inserted that yourself.

gg just stated he gets a kick out of the well more than represented virtue signaling. IE 14% of the population now makes up 80% of the marketing campaigns.

That's even more than 14% of the population accounting for over 50% of the violent crimes in this country.
It doesn’t have to be said. I know how to read white people’s comments and figure out what’s NOT being said. That stuff is usually a lot more important than what IS being said.

Kinda like your 50% crime comment. No biggie because it’s what you’re NOT saying that I can easily pick up. There’s a lot of resentment behind the black representation, and you bringing up crime is your way to express it.

Of course, I care about white resentment about as much as you care about black resentment....which is to say not at all. It has no consequences for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It was just great when Nichols was benefiting from favoritism, but it was no longer considered fair when Maria Taylor became the favorite.
Yeah...that’s my point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Apparently they thought Rachel had earned the job, but then they didn't.

I actually don't care one way or the other. I probably have seen more of Rachel on The Jump - but not doubting Maria's work ethic.

My whole interest on this is watching the woke culture eat its own. Watching the white people not totally be up front about how they feel about the tyranny of social justice.

I'm in the Houston TV market. I have seen most of Yao's games. He's a better more skilled version of Mark Eaton for the Jazz. HOF potential and talent, great guy - but not much playoff success and not a HOF career... unless China says so.
I’m fine with Yao being in. Again, impact beyond the stats.
Quote:
Sure he did. He just didn’t explicitly say it.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
They don’t have to say it word for word, claiming that blacks make up a smaller percentage but are represented at a higher percentage in ads, etc tells us otherwise.
They don't have to say what you want them to say, because you will just say what you want them to say for them.

What you are missing is that we think this is FUNNY!

We are laughing our a$$es off over people and companies tripping over themselves to try to convince people they aren't racist.

It's hilarious.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I stand by my comments. If the athletes and talking heads were saying things that you agree with, you’d have no issues.

You’ve become too political. It’s radicalizing you and millions of others. Sports have always had a political facet. Muhammad Ali wasn’t political?

Come on...stop it. SMH
You are putting your own biases on me. That's on you, not me.

I stand by my easy to understand statement. When I tune in to watch sports, I expect to watch sports. When I tune in to a political show I expect to see politics.

The two should not cross over. They are two totally different interests. There is no reason for them to cross over.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, except for the hard work part. NOPE! Not even.

It doesn’t have to be said. I know how to read white people’s comments and figure out what’s NOT being said. That stuff is usually a lot more important than what IS being said.

Kinda like your 50% crime comment. No biggie because it’s what you’re NOT saying that I can easily pick up. There’s a lot of resentment behind the black representation, and you bringing up crime is your way to express it.

Of course, I care about white resentment about as much as you care about black resentment....which is to say not at all. It has no consequences for me.

Yeah...that’s my point.

I’m fine with Yao being in. Again, impact beyond the stats.

Sure he did. He just didn’t explicitly say it.
Here you go folks. Here is a classic example of blacks being racist against Whites.

It's also a classic example of the permanent victim status some are seeking.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Here you go folks. Here is a classic example of blacks being racist against Whites.

You call it racism, I call it realism. I know all the trickery.

You brought up the crime stat because of racial resentment at black overrepresentation in commercials. You didn’t want me to figure that out, but I did anyway. I know white resentment and aggrieved entitlement when I see it. And I’m fine with it because it’s of no consequence to me.

50% of violent crime? Okay. Bet. But African Americans are gonna keep being overrepresented in commercials. In fact, it might get WORSE!!

That’s just more resentment for you to chew on. I don’t know what to tell you.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:47 PM

Quote:

Victim? Nah...I make a very poor victim. My post is triumphalist if it’s anything. No one can victimize me.

You’re only using the victim trope in order to position yourself above me as the possible (but not probable) victimizer.

But nah...that’s not even within the realm of possibility. Perish the thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies