Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 07:56 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times

Advertisements

Welp, I guess the Voter ID argument is over. And Republicans won.

Next up: Critical Race Theory!

Quote:
Rep. James Clyburn (D-South Carolina), who is the Majority Whip in the House of Representatives, says “absolutely” he could “get on board” with photo ID being a requirement to vote at polling places.
https://twitchy.com/jacobb-38/2021/0...nt-for-voting/

We're going to continue to win. Things are going to just keep getting better....if you're not a Leftist election saboteur.

The next election won't be one where you can cheat or manipulate the outcome.

Happy July Fourth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 08:02 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhodyRepub View Post

We're going to continue to win. Things are going to just keep getting better....if you're not a Leftist election saboteur.

The next election won't be one where you can't cheat or manipulate the outcome.

Happy July Fourth.
As part of HR1, the 'End of Democracy in America' Act.

Do not be fooled. This is a trojan horse for the ending of our country as any of us have known it.

These people are entirely untrustworthy. Nobody should forget that, even for a moment.

Old 07-04-2021, 08:05 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,899,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Do not be fooled. This is a trojan horse for the ending of our country as any of us have known it.

These people are entirely untrustworthy. Nobody should forget that, even for a moment.

You are absolutely correct, but I assure you - it will never pass.

Old 07-04-2021, 08:08 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
A majority Americans are in favor of showing photo ID. I don't think it's an unreasonable requirement, and hopefully it will cut down on false fraud claims.

Old 07-04-2021, 08:09 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,098 times
Quote:
You are absolutely correct, but I assure you - it will never pass.

Your lips to God's ears.

Old 07-04-2021, 08:11 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Voter ID laws passed at the state level are good for election integrity. Elections are constitutionally a responsibility for the states, and the federalization of elections is a very bad idea.

Hopefully someone will follow up with Representative Clyburn and confirm that he supports all 50 states passing these laws.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:05 AM

1,747 posts, read 879,451 times
He'd be a hypocrit if he didn't support voter ID since his state of South Carolina DOES require and ID to register and to vote.

Old 07-05-2021, 05:44 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:

The next election won't be one where you can cheat or manipulate the outcome.

Happy July Fourth.
That’s because voter ID is supported by the overwhelmingly majority of Americans, including Black Americans, and that is no longer the priority. They discovered in 2020 there are ways around that, the clue is in some of the other parts of the bill. The other parts of the bill are more rife for fraud including on the spot day-of-election registration, ballot harvesting, 24-hour unmanned drop boxes, and voting out-of-precinct. What they really want though is to end state management of elections, which was provided for in our constitution.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 07-05-2021 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: Clarity

Old 07-05-2021, 06:12 AM

23,862 posts, read 24,108,334 times
If he's talking about adding it to HR1, he can go screw himself. It's a bone being thrown to the 80% of the public that supports voter ID, so they can get enough support for HR1 to get it passed. Watch - they'll rename it "The National Voter ID Act" or something, and normies will believe that's what it's about.

Just say "NO!" to federal usurpation.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:38 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post

Bull chit. There are democrats who have no problem with IDs. Some of us see the problem in the offices of county voter registrars or Secretaries of States. This business of being unable to remove a person from the list in one county when they move and register in another county is stupid.

If all the energy time and money spent fighting voter IDs had been spent on updating voter rolls and getting IDs for those who do not have one, there would be no problem. I understand citizen has a right to vote. I'm not so sure those whose hands have to be held throughout the process need to be voting.

I say this as a most of the time nationally democratic voter. Most always vote republican locally. This year I will most certainly will be voting in the Texas republican primary. It's gonna be fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies