Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 03:26 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I live my life so I'm not endangered by a cop making a "wrong" decision.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
At least you acknowledge the mistake by the cop. It was likely malicious based on what we know of him.

The play stupid games trope is just victim blaming under these circumstances. No different to those saying the thug killed by Chauvin played stupid games and won a stupid prize.

Old 07-07-2021, 03:31 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
And finally, if that was your home with your family inside and a mob was outside smashing your door down, you'd blow away the first person through the door and you damn well know it. Don't even pretend otherwise.
Of course. Everyone would. An irrelevance to this discussion though.

But I'm interested in your thoughts on why every other cop they went past before they got to that door, and while they were at the door, made the wrong risk assessment and elected not to shoot anyone. Why was the shooter, who acknowledged he wanted to shoot a trump supporter, the only one who made the right call?

Old 07-07-2021, 05:51 AM

5,331 posts, read 3,210,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Comply with what?
Listened to who?
The shooting is on video, please post the video and the time stamp showing the proof that there was something to "listen" to and "comply" with. No one else, who makes the claim you do, seems to be able to provide that info when asked. Perhaps you have video that no one else does?
Sorry but "video" is not the standard to prove guilt or innocence. Was there video of Michael Brown resisting arrest? No. We (myself included) hold law enforcement to a higher standard.

She knew what she was doing was wrong. She saw the gun. She heard the officer tell her to halt. She got what she deserved and I'm glad that law enforcement was able to stop the advancement of the morons.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
The vast majority of the right would support arresting the Jan 6 protesters on trespassing charges. However last summer's domestic terrorists got a slap on the wrist, if that, and had a vice-presidential candidate promote a fund to bail them out.

It's obvious that ordinary citizens don't count on the 'crats hierarchy of values. Makes sense though that they would be outraged at the Capitol incident since they worship the federal government and the Capitol is like their temple.
Yeah I don't know what kind of mumbo jumbo you're spitting but the idiots on Jan 6 are just as reprehensible as the idiots who looted and burned during the summer. If one makes you mad, so should the other.

If not then you're part of the problem and no better than those you complain about.

Either you're for law and order or you're not. It's not a "when it's convenient for me" proposition.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:02 AM

1,706 posts, read 636,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Yeah I don't know what kind of mumbo jumbo you're spitting but the idiots on Jan 6 are just as reprehensible as the idiots who looted and burned during the summer. If one makes you mad, so should the other.

If not then you're part of the problem and no better than those you complain about.

Either you're for law and order or you're not. It's not a "when it's convenient for me" proposition.
Exactly, all of them are despicable excuses for humans.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:12 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,575,531 times
If Babbit had been shot by an officer at a BLM riot, this wouldn't even be its own thread. Yet some of you express the "horror" of an unarmed civilian being shot while an officer was trying to do his job. Hypocrites much?

Perhaps take some time to view the videos again of what happened on 1/6. Listen to what the idiots storming the Capitol were saying and watch what they were doing. Anyone who isn't bothered by what they saw that day and then comes on here and mutters on about poor Babbit and the idiots who have been arrested really needs to check themselves. Patriots indeed! Losers and lunatics.

And save the BLM comparisons and all that other crap. They aren't any better.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:35 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Democrats rioted repeatedly nationwide when police shot actual violent criminals last summer. If Chauvin et al are murderers, so is this cop.
Not really. The officer acted in discretion basing it around chants of "Hang Mike Pence" by some protesters as well as breaking into a restricted area. I always think of it like a home Invasion, unless you made a booby-trap right out of Saw or Home Alone, you can use Lethal force to stop a home invasion. Why can't we use that logic here? Chauvin broke policy and when asked to stop threatened others. This officer, followed the long-standing precedents of basing their actions on the situation.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:41 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
If Babbit had been shot by an officer at a BLM riot, this wouldn't even be its own thread. Yet some of you express the "horror" of an unarmed civilian being shot while an officer was trying to do his job. Hypocrites much?

Perhaps take some time to view the videos again of what happened on 1/6. Listen to what the idiots storming the Capitol were saying and watch what they were doing. Anyone who isn't bothered by what they saw that day and then comes on here and mutters on about poor Babbit and the idiots who have been arrested really needs to check themselves. Patriots indeed! Losers and lunatics.

And save the BLM comparisons and all that other crap. They aren't any better.
True. The reason BLM gets brought up is because it either is used as "well you didn't attack BLM during the summer with their riots" or how I am critical on the response in that the riots would have been handled with a more iron fist approach, rather than the largely kiddie gloves used here. The only event that wasn't kiddie gloves was Babbitt, but I'd argue the police were protecting a protected area (which it was.)

I work security so I do know of areas not open to the public. People forget that the mob Babbitt was in, was an area the public didn't go to. The public can go to the offices, but many rarely do and it is reserved to protesters trying to talk to a Senator or Representative similar to the crying woman that vented to then Sen. Flake during the Justice Kavanaugh hearings. Now think about it, would BLM honestly get that far? Would BLM even have the bike racks opened for them like some officers did for these protesters? I doubt it.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:47 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
If Babbit had been shot by an officer at a BLM riot, this wouldn't even be its own thread.
hilarious.
if that were the case, there would be dozens of threads, cnn and the other woke msm cretins would be having a weeks-long meltdown, and the dims in congress would be holding daily hearings demanding answers - and they would suddenly discover a love of capitol punishment for the shooter cop.

you know this. everyone knows this

Old 07-07-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
hilarious.
if that were the case, there would be dozens of threads, cnn and the other woke msm cretins would be having a weeks-long meltdown, and the dims in congress would be holding daily hearings demanding answers - and they would suddenly discover a love of capitol punishment for the shooter cop.

you know this. everyone knows this
Well...congrats, I guess, for acting like the "msm cretins".

Literally acting like the people you despise. Something to be proud of!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies