Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 06:29 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,524,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
His life & the lives he was protecting in the capitol were in danger. He made a good shot, he should be recognized for his bravery.
Yeah all those of his colleagues milling about next to the protestors before the shoot looked in fear for their life...So brave. So strong.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:32 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Typical leftist insane thinking.

An unarmed woman who was not in physical contact with the police is a danger, but an armed career violent thugs who had committed many crimes and is physically fighting with the police is an innocent hero.
How hilarious. The woman was in the act of breaking and entering.

I'd say somewhere about the five minute mark, or earlier, Floyd could have been safely taken up and placed in the cop car. A jury of twelve convicted your cop.

Old 07-05-2021, 06:34 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
She did nothing wrong? Just at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Maybe breaking and entering is doing nothing wrong by your standards. Most decent people disagree.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I can't fathom how anyone could state she did nothing wrong.
She was trespassing. When did that become a capital crime? And when were Federal Rent-a-Cops given power to be judge, jury and executioner, especially when there was no viable threat against them?

Old 07-05-2021, 08:18 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
She did nothing wrong? Just at the wrong place at the wrong time?

Maybe breaking and entering is doing nothing wrong by your standards. Most decent people disagree.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I can't fathom how anyone could state she did nothing wrong.
And we have another winner. Ding Ding Ding. Yes indeed, a ight of center person warrants a death sentence for protesting and the one who executes her deserves the nations highest military honor. Shoot a leftist protester for trying to light a building on fire(Arson. One of the 3 things preemptive lethal force is justified for) and it's time to hang all cops.

Ashley Babbitt was not in the act of committing any of the acts where lethal force is legal to use preemptively. Can you name those three things? Without a Google search? Think MRA. She was not armed and presented no danger whatsoever to the cop who shot her. But hey, since you don't know a goram thing about me that qualifies you to call me a bad person.

How many stupid games got played last Summer and are still getting played in Portland that the people playing them deserve a 230 gr cranial injection for? But that would not do. Noooo, the MRA rule doesn't apply if the guilty party's are neo Dem leftist types. Ashley Babbitt didn't get into MRA territory at all, and yet a cop shot her. and wokeist types cheer and applaud.

Just like you're doing here. Damn, whoda thunk...

Old 07-05-2021, 08:43 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
His life & the lives he was protecting in the capitol were in danger. He made a good shot, he should be recognized for his bravery.
Don't know much about the rules governing use of lethal force do ya's. Good shot? .No. Recognition for his bravery? Seriously? You went so far as to suggest the MOH which he is nowhere near being qualified or fit to receive. That is a MILITARY decoration. He's a civilian .Even if he were eligible for the MOH what he did was hardly valor above and beyond the call of duty. Thee is no military decoration that covers shooting an unarmed civilian.

The only thing that covers him would be a dishonorable discharge after summary courts martial. Followed by a pretty orange jumpsuit and a private room at Leavenworth.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:00 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Don't know much about the rules governing use of lethal force do ya's. Good shot? .No. Recognition for his bravery? Seriously? You went so far as to suggest the MOH which he is nowhere near being qualified or fit to receive. That is a MILITARY decoration. He's a civilian .Even if he were eligible for the MOH what he did was hardly valor above and beyond the call of duty. Thee is no military decoration that covers shooting an unarmed civilian.

The only thing that covers him would be a dishonorable discharge after summary courts martial. Followed by a pretty orange jumpsuit and a private room at Leavenworth.
OK, but here is the thing. The Capitol Police did not know what these terrorists were doing. Were they just trying to air their grievances to Congress or did they want to kidnap people to get their way or was their intent to hang people like they chanted towards Vice-President Mike Pence? Lt. Michael Byrd was in a situation where it could have turned lethal fast. Due to what was said about Pence, I find it likely Byrd and others who were shooting (like the one at the chambers) felt that they had a credible threat to prevent a crime in progress. Babbitt and the others were criminals in a crime in progress of at least break-in and entry, if not threatening sitting political figures and kidnapping. If it is good to use on Floyd who "resisted arrest and 'should have been subdued'", why not use against Babbitt?

Old 07-05-2021, 09:13 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
She had done no such thing. Nor was she armed or any sort of imminent threat of death or great bodily harm to the Capitol cop who shot her. And You bolded my so called error and twisted it totally out of the context in which it was written. Respond to posts you quote in whole part or no part at all. I loathe cherry picking. And the post I was responding to with my post you quoted. Do you also fee this murder of an unarmed woman to be deserving of our nations highest military honor?

Awarded often posthumously to only the bravest most selfless valorous soldiers who often sacrifice themselves in the face of the enemy and overwhelming odds so that their fellow soldiers may live. Men like Alvin York and Audie Murphy. Robert Dale Maxwell Kyle Carpenter and so many others many of whom were not present when the honor was bestowed on them.

No comment aye? Instead you cherry pick one sentence twist it out of context and proceed to demean a woman who's life was taken for NO GOOD REASON. Other than to make an example of her, which you have affirmed with your post quoted here. Nice try. But that dog won't hunt.
I said, "doing something she shouldn't have done." You responded with, "She had done no such thing." Just suppose I, or someone else, started breaking into your home. I'm busting down the door and you are standing behind it with a gun. I see you behind the door but I keep busting the door down. At the last moment before I start entering your home, you decide to stop me by pulling the trigger. Did you do the right thing, or should you have retreated back into your bedroom?

No, I don't think the Capitol Police officer should receive any kind of award. I think there should be an investigation as to the circumstances that caused the officer to use his weapon.

I did not demean Ashli Babbitt. I said, "She was somewhere she shouldn't have been, doing something she shouldn't have done." That is a statement of fact, that's all.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:17 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I said, "doing something she shouldn't have done." You responded with, "She had done no such thing." Just suppose I, or someone else, started breaking into your home. I'm busting down the door and you are standing behind it with a gun. I see you behind the door but I keep busting the door down. At the last moment before I start entering your home, you decide to stop me by pulling the trigger. Did you do the right thing, or should you have retreated back into your bedroom?

No, I don't think the Capitol Police officer should receive any kind of award. I think there should be an investigation as to the circumstances that caused the officer to use his weapon.

I did not demean Ashli Babbitt. I said, "She was somewhere she shouldn't have been, doing something she shouldn't have done." That is a statement of fact, that's all.
I agree though I think the officer did nothing wrong. The officer used discretion in shooting into the crowd knowing that this was part of a group that by the chants wanted to capture sitting politicians. Think about this for a second, we are in a world that is condoning capturing and kidnapping if not outright lynching politicians simply because they disagree with us.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:34 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
It's disgraceful that any of you think the officer who shot her should be charged. She was one of hundreds who breached our Capitol. The doors were barricaded with furniture so she decided to go through a broken window to get into the room. What was her point in doing that? The bottom line is our congress members were at threat and they were protected at all costs. If this happened in your own home your defense would be to protect as well.

Old 07-05-2021, 09:37 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's disgraceful that any of you think the officer who shot her should be charged. She was one of hundreds who breached our Capitol. The doors were barricaded with furniture so she decided to go through a broken window to get into the room. What was her point in doing that? The bottom line is our congress members were at threat and they were protected at all costs. If this happened in your own home your defense would be to protect as well.
Yawn...

If there was a real threat, the police wouldn't have let them rummage around the building.

It was controlled orchestrated chaos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies