Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2021, 09:54 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmortReport View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX2gQsQElJY

Some of those that work forces are the same that burn crosses
Proof? I don’t consider you tube a reliable source.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:34 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
So you'd be okay with the police shooting all the looters at Target in Minneapolis and at Nike in Santa Monica and all the other stores?

George Floyd was somewhere he shouldn't have been, doing something he shouldn't have done. Why different standards?

Oh the complete lack of self-awareness in all your posts and the lacking of basic facts. We KNOW the names of the people who killed George Floyd, Eric Garner, Michael Brown and Freddie Grey. They ALL faced public scrutiny for what they did. In some cases they were found not guilty by juries or a judge, in others the prosecutor examined the cases and didn't see sufficient cause, BUT IT WAS ALL AIRED PUBLICLY.

WHY are they hiding all the pertinent information from the public? Doesn't Babbitt's family deserve answers?

But the officers who killed George Floyd, Eric Garner, Michael Brown and Freddie Grey WERE identified.

OMG thanks for the biggest guffaw of the day. Byrd is guilty as hell. Floyd was too. See how that works?

Floyd was in the act of resisting arrest.

Did you WATCH the video? All 25 minutes or so of it? Floyd WAS in the police car. If he'd sat there quietly instead of continuing to resist, he'd be alive today (maybe, if the drugs didn't kill him).

I haven't said he should be charged, I've said he should be named, all the evidence, body cams, hall cams etc, should be released and then the public can be sure (or skeptical) it was a good shoot. It should not be done in secret.

Have you seen the private video cam footage of the whole incident? She was one of maybe 20 or 30 people in that section and there were 7 to 8 policemen in the same room just standing around and a SWAT team (real policemen) was arriving. They were pretty much next to Babbitt when she was shot and attended to her the instant she was shot. Not one of them moved to stop Babbitt from going through the door because obviously not one of them considered her a serious threat.

Have you seen the private video cam footage of the whole incident? There were three Capitol Police standing calmly in front of the doors and the crowd wasn't abusing the officers to get through the door. The officers moved away all at once, obviously under orders to do so. Here is one of the longer clips.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/nat...pitol/2491343/

They were NOT under threat from this group or Ashli Babbitt at the time she was shot. How are you not getting this? Not one of the protestors was visibly armed. There was a heavily armed SWAT team in the same room as the protestors. If they felt that members of Congress were under threat, why didn't they open fire?

Why don't you want a public airing of the circumstances that led to Babbitt being killed? I want to hear what the Capitol Police who were in front of the doors have to say.I want to hear what the SWAT officers have to say. Why don't you?
Democrats wanted an investigation of what happened on the 6th. Republicans did not. So why don't you ask them.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:39 PM

23,578 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I said, "doing something she shouldn't have done." You responded with, "She had done no such thing." Just suppose I, or someone else, started breaking into your home. I'm busting down the door and you are standing behind it with a gun. I see you behind the door but I keep busting the door down. At the last moment before I start entering your home, you decide to stop me by pulling the trigger. Did you do the right thing, or should you have retreated back into your bedroom?
Why do people keep wanting to change it from a situation with a trained LEO to an average homeowner?

Well, since this what if situation keeps cropping up how about others...

If blm antifa show up on your doorstep. They barricade your doorways and then they start to set your home on fire with you and your family trapped inside. You have a gun, do you shoot them before they can make your home a raging inferno?

There are many situations from the riots over the past year that can be used in this what if game, and yet none of the rioters were shot by the cops when the rioters had put cops and innocents, men women AND children, in harms way.

Could it be that the LE around the country are just better trained then that cop in the Capitol?

Many cops and others were savagely beaten by blm antifa, that includes cops in DC along with about 60 secret service members. Many people died because of or at the hands of blm antifa. Some that died were cops and at least one child. Why do their lives mean so little to those on the left? You people would be front and center to condemn the riots and the violence if it were Trump supporters doing the rioting, beatings, killings. But since it's not then y'all are fairly quiet or make excuses for the violence.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:44 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
According to an attorney, Antifa/BLM were the first people arrested in the Capitol on jan 6th. The vandals with the helmets, shields, backpacks, clubs, gas masks and other riot gear, who were smashing windows and vandalizing the property were likely Antifa/BLM.

You've never see Trump supporters at any other rallies with riot gear, like gas masks, helmets, shields and clubs - not one! You have never seen Trump supporters at any other rallies vandalizing property at Trump rallies - not one.

Watch the livestreams of the vandals, wearing helmets and carrying fancy, expensive matching shields smashing the windows. Who paid for those fancy, brand new matching shields, the way? They look far more like Antifa/BLM than they do Trump supporters.

Obviously, some Trump supporters got caught up in the moment, and entered when they should not have. Although it appears that some Trump supporters have been invited in entered when they should not have

Trump supporters wanted the states to present their evidence of election fraud to the Senate. The well-timed "riot" interrupted the sharing in the early stages of the presentation.

True Trump supporters did not want the hearing of evidence on election fraud interrupted!
It's not like there was a right wing group who announced before this happened that they were going to dress up like Antifa to be tricky. ..Oh wait, the Proud Boys did.

Quote:
Members of the far-right group the Proud Boys will attend Washington, D.C., rallies for President Trump on Jan. 6 "incognito," with leaders of the group saying they will dress in "all BLACK" to mimic the attire of anti-fascist groups and counterprotesters.
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/53...lies-incognito

And none of the people with shields turned out to be those people...except when they did. One example:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...eiHlAlU2Lo-bmM

Despite constant claims of "It was really Antifa/BLM", I have seen exactly one name ever produced, unless I missed it, and John Sullivan is really more of a create chaos no matter the side kinda guy.

No one reasonable will claim that all Trump supporters would behave like the people there that day or anything like that, but if you actually look at the FBI affidavits and the like, these people are turning out to indeed be right wing/Trump supporters/etc.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:46 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Probably done by Pelosi.
I suspect Pelosi was involved as well

Old 07-05-2021, 10:51 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artisan10 View Post
I suspect Pelosi was involved as well
Pelosi must be some sort of god to get Trump supporters to breach the Capitol. We need to stop with the conspiracies theories.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
And none of the people with shields turned out to be those people...except when they did. One example:

Despite constant claims of "It was really Antifa/BLM", I have seen exactly one name ever produced, unless I missed it, and John Sullivan is really more of a create chaos no matter the side kinda guy.

No one reasonable will claim that all Trump supporters would behave like the people there that day or anything like that, but if you actually look at the FBI affidavits and the like, these people are turning out to indeed be right wing/Trump supporters/etc.
ANYONE who was vandalising the property, (whether Trump supporters, Antifa/BLM or other) needs to be put in jail for a very long time.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:49 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,109,336 times
Doesn't matter who shot her.

She was warned to stop, yet she still jumped through broken glass.
She was part of an angry mob, that busted down windows and doors and was threatening our Senators and Congress people.
If I did that, I would logically expect that I would probably be shot.

Besides in the end it was Trump's fault. He had called them there that day. Her blood is on his hands.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Pelosi must be some sort of god to get Trump supporters to breach the Capitol. We need to stop with the conspiracies theories.
The purpose of the "riot" was to stop the Senate Hearing, where evidence of election fraud was being presented. Had the evidence been presented, the State Legislators could have investigated the fraud in more depth and likely decertify the fraudulent votes, which, in turn, could have changed the outcome of the election.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:18 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Comply or die...right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies