Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 07:17 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They are supposed to face the flag not the musician, I don't see it in the video. The team agreed not to kneel during the national anthem, I will wait for a real publication to comment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soc...cid=uxbndlbing
The video in the original link showed most of the players facing a certain direction with their hands over their hearts. It also showed two of the players facing 90 degrees to the left, with their hands at their sides. I assume that it was these two who were disrespecting our flag and the World War II veteran.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:20 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Why is this getting ANY attention? Looked to me like two members of the soccer team turned their backs.

I know outrage is addictive, and people seek more and more outrage, but really.

When someone is doing something we don't want to encourage, especially young people, you look away and ignore.

Ignore these women, and maybe train the camera on those who stand there with their hands over their hearts quietly mouthing the words?

Why do these two get all the attention?

Additionally, reporting on the actual game and the back stories, maybe leave those two out of that, and focus on the other team members and their successful plays? Anyone who has worked with middle schoolers knows this.

And giving them attention is just going to inspire more attention hogs, and cheat the athletes who are respectful and talented out of their time in the spotlight.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:21 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,766,909 times
I hope the US women's soccer team loses big time.

I won't be watching to find out either way. It's become all too political for me.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:22 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The video in the original link showed most of the players facing a certain direction with their hands over their hearts. It also showed two of the players facing 90 degrees to the left, with their hands at their sides. I assume that it was these two who were disrespecting our flag and the World War II veteran.
It wasn't just those two. There were several at the end of the line who'd had their backs to the flag. At about 1:33 or so in the video the others can be seen.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:24 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,603,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

I won't be watching to find out either way. It's become all too political for me.
It was two players out of the team, as far as I can see. If the team or the soccer association punishes those two players, I'll be fine with supporting the rest of the team, as they did nothing disrespectful, as far as I could see. But if those two players face no consequences, then yes, I'll join you in not watching.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:24 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post

I agree. And it seems that leftists are getting ENJOYMENT out of seeing this type of contempt displayed for our country and out veterans, based on some feedback I’m getting.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I agree. And it seems that leftists are getting ENJOYMENT out of seeing this type of contempt displayed for our country and out veterans, based on some feedback I’m getting.
It's the RIGHT that's getting "enjoyment" out of continuing to point out these self-absorbed little twits and give them attention they don't deserve.

The left isn't enjoying seeing these self-important athletes act like jerks, and thus, you NEVER see threads like this started by someone on the left, in support of them. NEVER.

It's ALWAYS someone on the right, and right away the enraged fellow right wingers line up to say the country is going to hell in a handbasket, why look at these two athletes acting like asses.

Ignore them, and give attention to the others, and they'll stop.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:29 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
infuriating woketards. they're not fit to shine his shoes.
Ahead of the Olympic send-off match versus Mexico, several members of the US women's soccer team turned their backs as 98-year-old World War II veteran Pete DuPré played the national anthem on his harmonica Monday
https://thepostmillennial.com/disgra...campaign=64466
These wokeist types are fond of saying they ae ashamed to be American. Yeah well I'm ashamed to call them American. These idiots wear a Team USA uniform. So, strip them of it and send them home. I'm quite certain there a a LOT of legal immigrants who came here from places that are actually oppressive and downright nasty who would happily replace them and be proud to honor the anthem flag and ideals that are this country.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:33 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,752,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Why is this getting ANY attention? Looked to me like two members of the soccer team turned their backs.

I know outrage is addictive, and people seek more and more outrage, but really.

When someone is doing something we don't want to encourage, especially young people, you look away and ignore.

Ignore these women, and maybe train the camera on those who stand there with their hands over their hearts quietly mouthing the words?

Why do these two get all the attention?

Additionally, reporting on the actual game and the back stories, maybe leave those two out of that, and focus on the other team members and their successful plays? Anyone who has worked with middle schoolers knows this.

And giving them attention is just going to inspire more attention hogs, and cheat the athletes who are respectful and talented out of their time in the spotlight.
I was wondering how far the thread would go before someone claimed that the real problem is noticing the problem.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:33 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,496,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It's the RIGHT that's getting "enjoyment" out of continuing to point out these self-absorbed little twits.

The left isn't enjoying seeing these self-important athletes act like jerks, and thus, you NEVER see threads like this started by someone on the left, in support of them. NEVER.

It's ALWAYS someone on the right, and right away the enraged fellow right wingers line up to say the country is going to hell in a handbasket, why look at these two athletes acting like asses.
Nope, but nice attempt to blame the right for the absolutely disgusting behavior of those on the left. And there is at least one leftist on this forum enjoying that these scumbags behaved that way.

And why shouldn’t people on the right point out how low leftists are sinking? We don’t want people who hate our country in charge of it, and for obvious reasons - they want to destroy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies