Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 01:41 PM

1,500 posts, read 886,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
But what positive policies he has done for the average Americans? Not counting special interest groups
What positive policies did the other guy do for average Americans?

I’ll wait
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 01:47 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
exactly all the type answers I expected.
very few, if any really gave anything positive that Biden has / had done for us.

because the truth is, he hasnt done anything positive for us, he isnt going to anything positive for us, we are laughing stocks, he is letting other countries wak all over us, he is putting all us American citizens last on the pole, and shame on him for that.

this man is too old and not sharp enough nor smart enough to be President.

he is a terrible public speaker, never makes any sense and put us all to sleep as he mumbles his words and talks in circles.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:55 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
Excellent
So you and others would rather see your country destroyed and high crimes and invaded by illegals? This is how you value your country all because you are too weak and don't like his tweets. Wow. I'm sorry but it's hard to have any respect for that when our country is now destroying right in front of our eyes. Thanks for voting for this. Y'all seem proud of yourselves and like where the country is going. Enjoy it now because Trump will be back. You'll have to get used to his so toughen up guys.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
And yet you keep voting for them and defending your vote by saying such things as kind, caring and the most bizarre excuse yet - at least not that other guy who is so damn crude.

You're voting for a person who is filling the highest office in the land, not the best girl scout cookie seller. Qualifications for the job are the lowest on your list of priorities in this.

You might as well vote for my Grandma. Wait a sec, upon reflection my Grandma would be too qualified for you to even consider. She possesses your requirements for kindness, caring and giving but is also in possession of a working brain and common sense knowledge so that puts a big X behind her name for consideration for office of the POTUS for the dems.

Oh well, just keep on the defense and keep agreeing although your democrat president is not the best (trying to be nice here myself) president but at least he's not Trump, you can rest easy while the country falls apart.
I would throw honest in there

Not an adjective used with the other guy

“Who. Knew company cars and apartments had to be taxed?”

Old 07-06-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
So you and others would rather see your country destroyed and high crimes and invaded by illegals? This is how you value your country all because you are too weak and don't like his tweets. Wow. I'm sorry but it's hard to have any respect for that when our country is now destroying right in front of our eyes. Thanks for voting for this. Y'all seem proud of yourselves and like where the country is going. Enjoy it now because Trump will be back. You'll have to get used to his so toughen up guys.
No…just not a crook

Old 07-06-2021, 02:02 PM

390 posts, read 366,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy64 View Post
Kamala was given her first big assignment. Her performance so far speaks for itself.

She was horrible in the debates - Tulsi nearly had her in tears. It was a bad choice then and has proven to be worse than anyone could have imagined.
I'm far from impressed right now, that's for sure. That said, I'm not going to judge any politician by a single assignment - especially in the current political climate, with a pandemic going on in the background. To me, this is all about numbers. No one gets everything they want done on every single front, its about the balance.

Her debate performance was certainly lackluster. We've had plenty of good politicians who were weak debaters before though. And just because one performs well on that front doesn't make them a good president. Don't get me wrong, obviously its ideal if they check this box too and the "best of the best" were all fantastic in that regard.

She helped get him elected so in that regard I find it hard to say she was the <wrong> choice. There's no control group here though. Maybe Biden would have done better with a literal potato as his running mate - I doubt it, but have no way to know for sure.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
The guy hasn't been in office for a year yet. It really doesn't matter what/if there are any accomplishments does it? They will never be acknowledged be certain people anyway.
Nor will certain people ever accept that Biden won

Old 07-06-2021, 02:07 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
If I was a Dem I would love the following as a result of Biden:

Higher gas prices

Unaffordable homes for many

Much more crime and violence

Middle east war again

American military aggression is back

Humanitarian disaster at the border

Hacking taking place everywhere and now Putin has a list of the most sensitive areas

Division based on identity

Failure on the Covid vaccine front

Inflation soaring

More shootings in 6 months than all of 2018

Taliban making a huge comeback

Child sex trafficking being rub by the Federal government

Real woman's rights being eroded

Attacks on free speech

Asians being brutalized by blacks

Cities failing

It's a Democrats dream. What's not to love?

Old 07-06-2021, 02:08 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,768,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
He's making me not cringe when I read a headline, "president comments on . . .".
"president comments on . . .you know, the thing...ummmm....ahhhhh....where's my puddin'?. Come on Man! Don't ask me any hard questions.".

Old 07-06-2021, 02:13 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
It's beyond my comprehension what anyone could like about anything he's doing unless it's about getting handouts or maybe you too hate this country?

All I'm seeing is higher crime and more people getting shot at each day. Is it Defund the police that you like?

Is it the wide open borders that you like? Why do you like this?

Do you think we need all these racial accusations thrown at us day in and day out? Are you more for division and not unity?

Are you happy to have your children in school be taught CRT?

Do you enjoy watching this country being ruined?

You like that conservatives are being canceled by big tech?

Do you want to live under dictatorship?

Or do you have a mess of kids and just looking forward to all the checks coming in per kid? You like the handouts?

You think Joey is a great leader, great speaker, in great shape and is doing good things for the country. Well, what good things? Help me out.

Gaslighting is colloquialism for a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is successful in having the target (a person or a group of people) question their own reality, memory or perceptions. There is often a power dynamic in gaslighting where the target is vulnerable because they are fearful of losses associated with challenging the manipulator.

You get an A+ for your gaslighting!

Last edited by vegasrollingstone; 07-06-2021 at 02:15 PM.. Reason: sp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies