Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 02:14 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm too young to have voted for Carter, and wouldn't have.

I voted for Biden, because it was a choice of a lump of clay vs. the person attempting to destroy our country for his own ego gratification.

So yes. One lump of clay, please.
This lump of clay, as you put it, can be far more dangerous to the well being of this country than you can obviously imagine. Being completely unqualified for the position might seem harmless to you. Time will tell.

As to you repeating one of the same old tired rumors the Dems and media liked to keep floating, that is fine too, everyone has their own opinion. I wouldn't attempt to deny Trump has an overblown ego anymore than I would deny Biden's overblown ego. I will disagree with you on your accusation Trump attempted to destroy our country for his own gratification. I think that particular distinction belongs to Biden. Now that is MY opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 02:16 PM

10,100 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
"president comments on . . .you know, the thing...ummmm....ahhhhh....where's my puddin'?. Come on Man! Don't ask me any hard questions.".
I know Stephen. It makes no sense to me either. How is Old man Joey not making anyone cringe and look at our country now. How is that not making people have 2nd thoughts. I value our country more than some I guess. I look at who will do good things, who is capable, who loves our country.....I couldn't care less if they tweeted or what. If they make me feel safe and do what they promised to, I'm all for it.

The media made Trump out to be a crook, mean, crooked. The media can do anything to anyone they don't like.

Pelosi was after him ever since he came down the escalator. She was going to make is term horrible before he even got in office and she held up to her promise. She is evil.

Even with all the media and loser dems were determined to impeach and bring him down and oppose every good thing he tried to do, Trump prevailed and did wonderful things.....until of course they cheated the election. And they are still trying to cheat to this day.

Dems don't seem to care about the country. They only care about if you have a nice personality. Well Old Joey has no personality so they love him no matter if he tears us down in doom and gloom and ruing America.

Conclusion:
Dems hate America. No wonder they hate the flag and the Star Spangled Banner. I get it now.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 07-06-2021 at 02:59 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 02:27 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
Gaslighting is colloquialism for a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is successful in having the target (a person or a group of people) question their own reality, memory or perceptions. There is often a power dynamic in gaslighting where the target is vulnerable because they are fearful of losses associated with challenging the manipulator.

You get an A+ for your gaslighting!
LOL, Ok.

Most of that list the OP put out is straight out facts that are happening. One or two might be a bit subjective, but otherwise it is what it is.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
I would throw honest in there

Not an adjective used with the other guy

“Who. Knew company cars and apartments had to be taxed?â€
Yeah, my Grandma's honest too. Let's put her in office.

You like to throw dirt, ok what are you going to do when you get shocked with the revelation of the hypocrisy and dishonesty of practically every politician in office today?

Oh but wait, you are under the impression Biden is honest. Well no sense continuing this conversation.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:30 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,733,506 times
The one encouraging sign I see in some of these posts is a light - maybe even grudging - admission that maybe Biden isn't so hot. The follow-up of "of course it's early/he's only been in office a few months yada" should be the next thing to fade.

And it's nice to hear honest admissions that Kamala was mainly appointed to help Biden win an election and any merit/ability she may have brought to the office was a far-flung afterthought.

Getting honest with what's staring us all in the face is a good thing.

Now if the Dems would get off the Johnny-one-note TRUMP song it'd be super encouraging.

Last edited by tommy64; 07-06-2021 at 02:44 PM..

Old 07-06-2021, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12-stringer View Post
How could you rely on Trump to inform you about the "real issues" facing our country when he has outright lied to the American people over 30,000 times?
Aw, why stop there? 30,000? And of course you have proof of every one of those 30,000 lies? This just goes to show some people will say anything, doesn't matter how exaggerated it is or even if it makes any sense.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:34 PM

10,100 posts, read 7,771,136 times
Quote:
Gaslighting is colloquialism for a specific type of manipulation where the manipulator is successful in having the target (a person or a group of people) question their own reality, memory or perceptions. There is often a power dynamic in gaslighting where the target is vulnerable because they are fearful of losses associated with challenging the manipulator.

Oh, ok. lol. It's ok. Y'all want to destroy your country. There's no fighting with stupidity. Why don't y'all go to Guatemala? There are a lot of vacancies there. Leave our country alone. You want third world country. You'll have everything you need there to do all the crazy you want. You can yell racist this and that all day and make up all the crazy pronouns you want and kill each other in the streets if it does your heart good. Do your thang!!

Old 07-06-2021, 02:38 PM

5,994 posts, read 3,734,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Joey is AWFUL. He is destroying this country. You can't get much worse than that.
How exactly is he "destroying the country"? Please be specific by citing the policy(s).

Old 07-06-2021, 02:38 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:

Right.

You get an atta boy for P R O J E C T I O N

Old 07-06-2021, 02:47 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,920,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
How exactly is he "destroying the country"? Please be specific by citing the policy(s).
What policies of Bidens that actually help small businesses and average Americans, I know it helps special interest groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies