Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 05:42 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes! I do! Good for President Biden!

BTW, the Canadian Keystone Pipeline company is really suing all of us!
You should have to pay. I fully support their lawsuit. I hope you end up paying more taxes or losing benefits because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 05:46 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You should have to pay. I fully support their lawsuit. I hope you end up paying more taxes or losing benefits because of it.
How about we use that 15 billion to improve our infrastructure? That would provide more than the 1000 temporary jobs the lawsuit is about.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:48 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
I think they should get $15B and it should be paid by the 85M people who supposedly voted for Joe Biden.
lol. RowingFiend for President.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:50 PM

Will China also sue since that pipeline was intended to go to Texas where it would be exported to Asia?

Old 07-06-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Will China also sue since that pipeline was intended to go to Texas where it would be exported to Asia?
You would need to find out from Chinese assets like Hunter and Zhoe Xiden.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
You would need to find out from Chinese assets like Hunter and Zhoe Xiden.
Well then, I would think if that were the case, Biden would be all for the Keystone pipeline so that we can risk our main aquifers to please China.

Quote:
An obscure and often overlooked agreement called the Canada-China Foreign Investment Promotion and Protection Agreement (Fipa).

This agreement, ratified in 2014, was negotiated by the previous Harper government. It was passed without a vote in Parliament. Fipa, which remains in place until 2045, was signed to ensure that China got a pipeline built from Alberta to BC, among other benefits.

By then, China was already investing heavily in the oil sands. In 2009, PetroChina bought a 60% interest in two undeveloped oil sands projects, containing an estimated 5bn barrels of oil. And in 2013, the Chinese state-owned CNOOC purchased the third-largest Canadian oil and gas company, Nexen, for $15.1bn. China needs the oil to help fuel its industrial growth.
Did Canada buy an oil pipeline in fear of being sued by China?

Old 07-06-2021, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Well then, I would think if that were the case, Biden would be all for the Keystone pipeline so that we can risk our main aquifers to please China.

Did Canada buy an oil pipeline in fear of being sued by China?
The last thing China wants is an energy-independent USA, which Trump accomplished. That’s why they worked so hard to “elect” their Marxist agent Xiden.

Old 07-06-2021, 06:09 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What I'm hearing is you want Canada to sell as much of its crappy tar sands to China so that China can be more successful than it already is.

oil in the ground is money in the bank...even if we make all cars tuti-fruti powered oil is needed for medicine,pesticides and MORE...typical short-term business outlook.our republicans have

Old 07-06-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
The last thing China wants is an energy-independent USA, which Trump accomplished. That’s why they worked so hard to “elect” their Marxist agent Xiden.
FYI, China is invested in the Keystone Pipeline!

Quote:
So who will benefit from Keystone XL? Companies backed by the Chinese government have recently become some of the biggest players in Canadian tar sands development, investing nearly $30 billion over the past few years. China now holds 100 percent of Nexen, a tar sands and shale gas company, and also has major stakes in McKay River, Dover, Long Lake and other Canadian tar sands projects. And the Keystone XL pipeline would give them easier access to Canada's energy resources, providing more power for China's economy and more carbon pollution for the world.
Keystone XL is a Sucker’s Deal For America and a Steal For Foreign Oil Interests

Old 07-06-2021, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Yeah, "ecowatch" is a left wing extremist site. No, I'm not clicking your link or taking any quotes from "ecowatch" seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies