Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 09:15 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times

Advertisements

And received threats for doing so.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ute-speaks-out

Quote:
Half-truths and distorted information have obscured an accurate accounting of the lab's functions and activities, which were more routine than how they’ve been portrayed in the media, she said.
Quote:
From her first visit before it formally opened in 2018, Anderson was impressed with the institute’s maximum biocontainment lab. The concrete, bunker-style building has the highest biosafety designation, and requires air, water and waste to be filtered and sterilized before it leaves the facility. There were strict protocols and requirements aimed at containing the pathogens being studied, Anderson said, and researchers underwent 45 hours of training to be certified to work independently in the lab.

The induction process required scientists to demonstrate their knowledge of containment procedures and their competency in wearing air-pressured suits. “It’s very, very extensive,” Anderson said.

Quote:
These rules are mandatory across BSL-4 labs, though Anderson noted differences compared with similar facilities in Europe, Singapore and Australia in which she’s worked. The Wuhan lab uses a bespoke method to make and monitor its disinfectants daily, a system Anderson was inspired to introduce in her own lab.
Quote:
Anderson said no one she knew at the Wuhan institute was ill toward the end of 2019. Moreover, there is a procedure for reporting symptoms that correspond with the pathogens handled in high-risk containment labs.

“If people were sick, I assume that I would have been sick—and I wasn’t,” she said. “I was tested for coronavirus in Singapore before I was vaccinated, and had never had it.”

Not only that, many of Anderson’s collaborators in Wuhan came to Singapore at the end of December for a gathering on Nipah virus. There was no word of any illness sweeping the laboratory, she said.

“There was no chatter,” Anderson said. “Scientists are gossipy and excited. There was nothing strange from my point of view going on at that point that would make you think something is going on here.”

The names of the scientists reported to have been hospitalized haven’t been disclosed

Despite this, Anderson does think an investigation is needed to nail down the virus’s origin once and for all. She’s dumbfounded by the portrayal of the lab by some media outside China, and the toxic attacks on scientists that have ensued.
sounds like a witch hunt, complete with threats of violence.

Quote:
One of a dozen experts appointed to an international taskforce in November to study the origins of the virus, Anderson hasn’t sought public attention, especially since being targeted by U.S. extremists in early 2020 after she exposed false information about the pandemic posted online. The vitriol that ensued prompted her to file a police report. The threats of violence many coronavirus scientists have experienced over the past 18 months have made them hesitant to speak out because of the risk that their words will be misconstrued.
Quote:
Facebook’s decision to remove large amounts of misinformation about COVID-19 and replace it with fact-checked material, including Dr Anderson’s, infuriated extremist conspiracy websites so much that one published her email address.

The first email to hit her inbox read simply: “Eat a bat and die, *****.”

When the onslaught became intense enough for her to call Singapore police, they took it seriously.
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...ource=rss_feed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 09:19 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Yes it does sound like a witch hunt, many allegations but very few facts.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:23 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
When confronted with possibility that COVID-19 was leaked out of a lab in Wuhan, commies/China fan bois be like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp9BJxFHDYI

Old 07-06-2021, 09:25 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
How much money did the CCP pay this virologist to speak out on their behalf? How much did they pay Bloomberg News to run the story? Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 07-06-2021, 09:25 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,522,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
And received threats for doing so.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...ute-speaks-out

sounds like a witch hunt, complete with threats of violence.

https://www.watoday.com.au/national/...ource=rss_feed
The only relevant issue arising from your post is that that this virologist agrees with the rest of the world (except those beholden to China), that a thorough investigation into the source of the virus is required.

When Australia says that, little President Xi imposes sanctions and tries to economically harm the country.

As a wumao, are you allowed to agree that an open investigation should happen?

Old 07-06-2021, 09:30 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
What we're being told is that the characteristics of the virus do not look like they could have come from nature. We also know that there is zero evidence of the version of Covid-19 killing humans also existing in nature. The virus that is common in horseshoe bats and the one that is ravaging the human population of the planet are significantly different -- so much so that it cannot be explained by natural evolution. Translation: Somebody altered the virus before it got out.

But what do I know, I'm just listening to a bunch of people who are experts in virology, epidemiology and other relevant fields telling me these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovU4...esBreakingNews

I'm very puzzled why the entire political Left wants to carry water for the Chinese Communist Party. Why???

Old 07-06-2021, 09:30 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Meanwhile, Trump is a Russian spy!

Old 07-06-2021, 09:53 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
The 'blame the Chinese card' played well with the Trump loyalists who wanted four more years of crazy. I remain skeptical that it was a lab leak, although it's not 100% out of the question.

Old 07-06-2021, 10:17 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
The 'blame the Chinese card' played well with the Trump loyalists who wanted four more years of crazy. I remain skeptical that it was a lab leak, although it's not 100% out of the question.

What about when lefties like Bill Maher play the "blame the Chinese" card? Actually, it's blame the CCP...

Old 07-06-2021, 10:34 PM

2,367 posts, read 909,253 times
It's understandable that Anderson would believe the virus was not created in the Wuhan lab. The Chinese scientists are her colleagues. I wouldn't be surprised if she has also received US funding just like the bat lady and many scientists around the world. And if the virus was created in Wuhan then she would be guilty too because she worked there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies