Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 05:02 AM

1,015 posts, read 786,892 times

Advertisements

We been a few months in with the mask mandates being lifted and stores and restaurants being back to 100 percent capacity.

Has anything change, how "new" normal is your location right now? Is there more Mask less people then masked people? People freaking out about the vaccine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 05:05 AM

3,225 posts, read 1,605,586 times
Where I am in NY, very few wear masks anymore. Businesses seem to be back to normal. Anyone who wanted the vaccine has gotten it.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:10 AM

238 posts, read 99,396 times
I left Seattle a couple months ago where they were still under lockdowns and mask mandates... just opened last week I saw.

Been in Florida 2 months... (didn't bring the leftist garbage with me) Things here are a complete 180 with businesses open... mask mandates lifted... vaccine passports banned... I call it red state freedom.

Thank you Gov. DeSantis. I don't see many wearing masks other than the elderly.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:30 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
I now think "Completely". I don't remember the last time I saw anyone wear a mask, and we are now at the height of tourist season. (Just two new cases since June 11, btw -- knock wood -- although i do expect the number of cases to increase.)

Old 07-07-2021, 05:33 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,608,458 times
In North Carolina, masks are still being worn and required in medical facilities (except for some places like chiropractors and "alternative medicine" types of practices, but they've always been a little "different" in how they do things). The chairs in the waiting areas are also still spaced out, which is good, as I don't want to be 12 inches from a coughing, sneezing sick person anyway.

Masks are less common in rural areas that never really adhered to wearing them long before vaccines were available when they were required by law that wasn't enforced very well, but still more common (though it's down to probably a little less than half of people wearing them) in areas where people did wear masks much more consistently.

Not totally surprisingly, the areas where most people are vaccinated tend to have more people wearing masks, which also happen to the be higher income, more educated areas such as Chapel Hill where UNC is located, which also have a lot of medical professionals living there. The areas that have low vaccination rates (typically the conservative, rural, lower income areas) have fewer people wearing masks.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:30 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
My state, TN, never had a mask mandate. Some government offices and some private businesses put up masks required signs which many ignored. The only place I went that was hard core on masks was court and the vets office. Very few wear masks at all now. Its been that way for months.
No one is freaking out about vaccines. About 37% have been vaccinated in TN. Most people I know personally will not get the vaccine unless their job demands it.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:36 AM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
We been a few months in with the mask mandates being lifted and stores and restaurants being back to 100 percent capacity.

Has anything change, how "new" normal is your location right now? Is there more Mask less people then masked people? People freaking out about the vaccine?
My beach town is packed and had record bookings (over 90%) with 3 hour waits at the airport.
Beach towns here are reporting numbers that surpassed 2019.

Very few people wearing masks...very few.

Old 07-07-2021, 06:42 AM

17,421 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Everything is back to normal with a few exceptions.

Restaurants haven't been able to go back to their normal hours because they can't find employees.

My local vet, while the entire staff have been vaccinated for two months, just recently allowed people inside instead of techs coming out to curbside to take your pet for appointments while you wait in the car. They are now allowing one person inside with your pet.

I'm about ready to find a new clinic.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:00 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
I'm just a little ways into the rural side of IL. The Congressional District I live in votes red. We've been pretty much back to normal since at least the beginning of summer. The schools should be reopening as per normal in the Fall. Almost nobody wears masks to church, to the store, or while just going out for a walk. You do have a few people that still mask up but they're the rare exceptions these days. It feels like we're pretty much back to normal rather than living in a "new normal".

The one place where masks are still a priority is hospitals. If I go in for a doctor's appointment, I gotta rummage around and find a mask.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:11 AM

1,015 posts, read 786,892 times
In New Jersey the mask mandate was lifted and everything is back to normal. The Governor has flirted with bringing back the mask mandate during the fall. I see this being the norm with liberal states. The Bars are back to normal its packed again and you can freely interact with everyone. A few music folks I know is working again and getting gigs. I was scared because I thought the social distance pods in clubs and concerts was going to be a thing.

My Hospital closed the covid er down they use it for overflow if the main er is packed. They are having a hard time with staffing. The negative pressure rooms has been reverted back to regular rooms. Masks is still required in the Hospital and the separate waiting room for covid symptoms still exist.

The crazy masks/vaccine people died off or went away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies