Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with the government knocking on your door to discuss vaccines?
Yes 66 24.00%
No 209 76.00%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 09:01 AM

9,933 posts, read 7,600,690 times

Advertisements

Would you be ok with a government official coming to your home to discuss the vaccine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 09:07 AM

35,972 posts, read 30,501,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Because when you get vaccinated, you get a card with the CDC logo along with your own number. I think it even lists which vax you've received.

Wife and I was jabbed with Moderna. We gave in because we're avid travellers. We call it our second passport.
Does that mean everyone's name, address, phone goes into a giant database at the CDC submitted by each state? The CDC may want this information but states aren't necessarily sending the data. There are ethical and legal questions.
And lets say the federal government does develop a giant database with everyone's name and personal information, those are the people who did receive the vaccine, how do they then know who has not received the vaccine.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:30 AM

19,397 posts, read 12,039,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
So afraid or you have medical reasons not to get vaxed? Some have zero reason except their politics, remember Trumpy got his vax. You would think hos followers would to.
And he got treatment. As did you, no thanks to the Science Fauci-cult who have been attempting to silence your type of treatment. Please, just think. You could be all vented up if not for brave doctors defying the leftist group think to force vaccine and deny treatment.

Old 07-08-2021, 09:51 AM

1,665 posts, read 960,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Does that mean everyone's name, address, phone goes into a giant database at the CDC submitted by each state? The CDC may want this information but states aren't necessarily sending the data. There are ethical and legal questions.
And lets say the federal government does develop a giant database with everyone's name and personal information, those are the people who did receive the vaccine, how do they then know who has not received the vaccine.

Quite sure it does. But honestly, I don't know. Every person I ask has an I don't know answer. The pharmacist advised its to keep a record. Does it go back to the CDC? A lot of I don't knows...

Old 07-08-2021, 09:55 AM

19,397 posts, read 12,039,904 times
Quote:
Quite sure it does. But honestly, I don't know. Every person I ask has an I don't know answer. The pharmacist advised its to keep a record. Does it go back to the CDC? A lot of I don't knows...
Why bother to even ask. We can just make the assumption that this information is getting to the federal government and go from there. Big tech can work with government to organize and sort. They all know a lot about us. Even if they are not collecting lists, why not err on the side of caution and assume they are since it is a possibility.

Nothing we can do about it anyway.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:04 AM

5,071 posts, read 2,003,392 times
There's one cartoonist who imagined that toon about Biden's idea.
Societal Ills – StoneToss

Btw, I wonder if Biden will visit some of Fauci's employees who refused the vaccine?
https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1393022731373973504

Old 07-08-2021, 10:06 AM

5,496 posts, read 9,440,487 times
Quote:
LOL. Really folks dont have a way to go anywhere or they dont have time? You can get a vaccine at the WalMart, drug store, doctor offices, health department, community complex. Some places you dont even have to get out of your car. There are 39 places within a twenty-five mile radius of my zip.
These officials will come door to door to bully you into getting out and getting a vaccine, they are not giving vaccines.
It took me a while to get vaccinated because it wasn't convenient. Finally, they set up in the neighborhood, and I got the first shot. I assumed the second shot would be in the same place, but it was at a different location a mile further away. I walked to that one, because it was faster than taking the bus. But I was lucky, not everyone has that capability. At least they have the bus as an option.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:07 AM

9,566 posts, read 4,429,793 times
Quote:
Wonder how long it will be before a lawsuit. I'm not sure how they are getting by accessing confidential medical information.
Hackers already getting it in states like Pennsylvania

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...fo-of-at-least

Which is another problem this policy will create another data base of information to be hacked.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:11 AM

1,665 posts, read 960,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Why bother to even ask. We can just make the assumption that this information is getting to the federal government and go from there. Big tech can work with government to organize and sort. They all know a lot about us. Even if they are not collecting lists, why not err on the side of caution and assume they are since it is a possibility.

Nothing we can do about it anyway.

I just did a lil digging. Check this out:

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/how-to-p...-for-covid-19/

And here's the CDC information about the administration and distribution of the vaccines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-19%20vaccines.

I might be interpreting the CDC the wrong way but it seems that it is keeping track on vaccinations.

Old 07-08-2021, 10:22 AM

23,155 posts, read 26,062,972 times
Quote:
I just did a lil digging. Check this out:

https://www.goodrx.com/blog/how-to-p...-for-covid-19/

And here's the CDC information about the administration and distribution of the vaccines.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...-19%20vaccines.

I might be interpreting the CDC the wrong way but it seems that it is keeping track on vaccinations.
And the CDC's attitude about it.

Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Xavier Becerra declared Thursday that "it is absolutely the government's business" to know people's vaccination status, arguing the federal government has a vested interest in keeping Americans safe."

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...mended_content
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies