Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with the government knocking on your door to discuss vaccines?
Yes 66 24.00%
No 209 76.00%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2021, 01:26 PM

9,134 posts, read 5,784,918 times

Advertisements

No really...go away!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 01:27 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,423,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
No problem with it. It is important work, it is a noble calling. Those people deserve our gratitude for putting themselves out there on our behalf.

Welcome them with a smile and thank them for their service.
How noble. Just understand that no matter what you do when they arrive, you are at risk for contracting COVID and dying, no matter what "mitigation" measures you take.
Spare me. You don't give a damn about me, and if I recall correctly you were one of those who was publicly downplaying the dangers of COVID right on this forum following Donald J Numbskulls lead. Half a million dead Americans later you are trying to do what here? ... scare me from answering my door?

People need to get vaccinated. Plenty of people are scared of it because they have been played by people like you. The vaccine is a positive good for the entire community, including you and including me.

The more people who get vaccinated the better off we all are, and it is always voluntary so the best we can do is make it easy for people and explain the benefits and risks. If going door to door is what it takes then damn it I applaud the people who are willing to do that and face off with the many naysayers and jackasses out there.

Old 07-08-2021, 01:30 PM

23,666 posts, read 23,987,722 times
"Do you have a warrant?"

"No."

"You're trespassing. Get off my property."

Old 07-08-2021, 01:33 PM

10,013 posts, read 7,690,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
if they come to my house, i will ask them to pray with me for a long time. then we will have a reading of the constitution.

I will bid them godspeed and hope they find an employer that isnt fascist.
Best post of the day! That's great!

Old 07-08-2021, 01:53 PM

13,273 posts, read 8,395,437 times
What an ambiguous question.
Clarify the government official?
Johnny the grounds keeper at a federal memorial site?
Or Lisa who is a researcher in historic documents?
Really. The devil is in the details.
These types of polls really do need to be specific in the 'who, what, where,when'.
If you want to data mine for objective findings, use questions that are concrete,specific .

I'm going to answer in the mindset that: the USA government official is years in tenure on research and unbias study on vaccines. Who is directed to assist the public. Who is willing to answer educationally. Be it a shut in or a person incapacitated to go out and about.
So I see no harm , no foul if a person of govt level 'asks' if I would like more information or have concerns.
I don't live in the cancel culture of dismissing a person for clarifying.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:36 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,847,028 times
I’ve got a can of bear repellent that we carry with us while walking the dog in case we encounter a coyote.

Might also come in handy if one of bidens agents comes knocking on my door

Old 07-08-2021, 02:41 PM

42,678 posts, read 17,895,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How do they know? Does the federal government and their "officials" have access to our medical records?
Yes. The government has access to everything in your life. They know what you do 24/7/365.

Don't you remember that medical records went digital under Obama ?

Old 07-08-2021, 03:14 PM

10,398 posts, read 3,987,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
There is no penicillin in any of the vaccines, and a family history of diabetes or hypertension is not a contraindication to taking the vaccine.
Not according to my family doctors. And I have a cousin who has severe diabetes and lost a leg because of blood clots and his doctor was very firm in him not taking the vaccine at all. So I will listen to my doctors over you!

Old 07-08-2021, 03:14 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,745,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Since the pandemic-lovers are fond of lecturing us sane people on how even vaccinated and/or asymptomatic people can spread death and destruction without wearing a useless cloth mask, I don't understand why the Biden regime is contemplating sending out such death squads door to door.

There must be an ulterior motive.
If you haven't read Victor Klemperer's 'I Will Bear Witness', I think now is a good time. It's a perfect summer read (and may take the whole summer). An intellectual mentor from our Temple and I, read it simultaneously, and discussed, when we'd meet - while pedaling recumbent cardio bikes at the gym - what we were finding. The two-volume work, traces, at-length, Germany's gradual descent into Hell, during the Nazi years.

Klemperer and his wife live in "The Good Part of Germany", where Norse kindliness is the norm. And so, the gradual, deliberate, dehumanization-via-governmental-dicta of the nation, as imposed by a totalitarian and alien regime, stands apart from the nature of the people.

Everything happens against the will of the innately kind and fair people of Northwestern Germany. Yet, it happens. But we can see it more clearly, because it's happening within the context of a pro-Semitic population, rather than with the enthusiastic cooperation of an antisemitic populace.

Anyway, at one point, a team of experts comes to the Klemperers' home, to catalogue their books. It's been decades since the Molecular Biologist and I read the book. And I need to re-read, to remember the specifics. But you can be sure that hostile non-Western powers have read Klemperer, too (as they have clearly read everything about the Nazi era, looking for usable strategies).

It's only a matter of time.

This newest thing, is simply to soften us - to train us to accept intrusion into the most private aspects of our private lives.

Last edited by GrandviewGloria; 07-08-2021 at 03:30 PM..

Old 07-08-2021, 03:24 PM

10,398 posts, read 3,987,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
harris and biden can't find more people to go to the border to help the Border Agents but can find people to do this!

What is wrong with this picture?
Can't seem to stop human trafficking or child pedophilia or making sure everyone has free chemo or epipens so people can be healthy and happy. All they care about is this covid, which you have a 98 percent chance of NOT getting it and a 99 percent chance of surviving it all on your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies