Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with the government knocking on your door to discuss vaccines?
Yes 66 24.00%
No 209 76.00%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 06:26 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

And it appears now that he's recruiting volunteers so these people will not be under the auspices of any hired government agency so its up to you to decide how much HIPAA protected information you're willing to give your ostensible 'friends and neighbors'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 07:57 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
I agree, they don’t want help. Let them go, make vaccination at work or school mandatory and no excuse for not being examined and get along with life. 99%+ of COVID deaths are unvaccinated so it should be self policing.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:02 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI1287 View Post
I have to imagine that someone knocking on your door unannounced and offering a vaccination would come across as highly suspicious to most people. Setting up a mobile vaccination site in neighborhoods with advance notice, though, seems like a great idea.

Is it anymore suspicious than when a Jehovah's Witness comes to your door?

Unless these door to door people are dressed as SWAT teams, and knocks my door down, I'm not too worried about it.

Plus, I've been vaccinated already, so...whatever.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:33 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
No problem here...….. my property is fenced and the front gate has a carabiner through the latch which is considered ”secured”. I have two prominent signs stating ”BEWARE OF DOGS”. There is a doorbell at the gate. If you remove the carabiner and enter my property without permission the sprinklers will probably be turned on, and if that doesn't dissuade you then my four dogs will probably need to ”go outside”. And yes, I have explored the legal ramifications and I am covered.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:39 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
No problem here...….. my property is fenced and the front gate has a carabiner through the latch which is considered ”secured”. I have two prominent signs stating ”BEWARE OF DOGS”. There is a doorbell at the gate. If you remove the carabiner and enter my property without permission the sprinklers will probably be turned on, and if that doesn't dissuade you then my four dogs will probably need to ”go outside”. And yes, I have explored the legal ramifications and I am covered.
Hungry, ferocious, starving, veracious wild kittens.........

Starving, Ferocious, Hungry, VERACIOUS WILD KITTENS.......

You don't want to keep wild kittens, hungry, DO YOU????? WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY MIGHT DO!

AHEM! It wasn't quite planned that way but with all the cats, the nature preserve, all my stuffed animals and figurines, all my pictures and accessories for belly dancing, would you ever guess......that I voted for Donald Trump?

Old 07-13-2021, 10:37 AM

3,430 posts, read 1,842,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I would think at this point...no one needs "help"
...the people not getting vaccinated...don't want to be vaccinated

Biden is trying to pressure them into it.....

Joe Biden to Send Government Officials Door to Door Across America to Pressure People to Accept Vaccination

"President Joe Biden said Tuesday that he would be sending officials out to knock on people’s doors across America to pressure them to take the coronavirus vaccine.

“Now we need to go community by community, neighborhood by neighborhood, and often times door by door – literally knocking on doors to get help to the remaining people,” Biden said during his speech about coronavirus."

https://www.breitbart.com/health/202...t-vaccination/
What color are their shirts?

Does it match the content of their character?

Old 07-13-2021, 10:40 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
If they can send people door to door to make sure you get vaccinated, they can do the same to get those "poor" rural folk an ID to vote with, since they dont have access to a copy machine or DVM.

Old 07-13-2021, 10:59 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL IRON View Post
lol grandma killer!

Old 07-13-2021, 11:34 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
Did you actually read that article?
Seriously. The guy quotes PBS, one of the least reliable resources available, and you expect him to read it, too? That is asking a bit much, don't you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
I am not in anyway impugning your formula, yours is plainly stated. Most others tell you that theirs relies of various 'algorithms'. I say, well show me then.
I had a friend ask me for an explanation of how it works, and I typed up a three page explanation, just in case the question ever came up again. Little did I know it would only be useful for a couple months (it becomes somewhat "obsolete" when it shows 80% herd immunity. Kinda like hitting a golf ball 275 yards on a par 4 hole. You know you are fairly close, but without more details you can't tell if you're 20 yards from the cup, or 190 yards. You just know you're more than halfway there. Or 80% of the way, in this case.

Old 07-13-2021, 11:39 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
If they can send people door to door to make sure you get vaccinated, they can do the same to get those "poor" rural folk an ID to vote with, since they dont have access to a copy machine or DVM.
Exactly.

Instead of refusing to open the door everyone should ask the "officials' to take them to the DMV to get a state ID and have a photo copy made just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies