Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with the government knocking on your door to discuss vaccines?
Yes 66 24.00%
No 209 76.00%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 11:40 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Hungry, ferocious, starving, veracious wild kittens.........

Starving, Ferocious, Hungry, VERACIOUS WILD KITTENS.......

You don't want to keep wild kittens, hungry, DO YOU????? WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY MIGHT DO!

AHEM! It wasn't quite planned that way but with all the cats, the nature preserve, all my stuffed animals and figurines, all my pictures and accessories for belly dancing, would you ever guess......that I voted for Donald Trump?
I have sea bass. They are mutated sea bass. And, yes, ill tempered sea bass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2021, 11:52 AM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Dr. Fauci mentioned something about mandating at the local level. So far the federal govmt wont do that. How would they? Lets say they do, and the unvaxxed cant travel, participate in certain activities. With 67% vaxxed thats a lot of people left over. I dont think the travel industry, entettainment industry and anythjng else impacted by that would take that. Less money spent, more damage to the economy. Plus the protests and uproar over it. Esp with millions in fight mode over the last year and a half from all this.

And thats why the "just take the vaccine already its safe" teams are going out.
I don't think the government cares about destroying industries. Look at during covid all the regulations destroying restaurants and the entertainment industry. Taking away your rights is thier number one priority.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:01 PM

801 posts, read 452,988 times
LOL. Every poll on this forum is about 3 to 1 against Democrats/Liberals/Progressives.
It's a shame it's so divided. Makes me feel "why bother?" regarding any interaction here that involves politics. But sometimes I get sucked into it.

So here I am, so I may as well say my piece:

My dad fought in WWII. Was a "replacement" after so many died in the Battle of the Bulge. He was on the front line. In a fox hole in a blizzard with the enemy 100 yards or so away - well, close!

He ended up with nerve damage to his feet. But he survived. However he was only one of 13 who survived in his squadron. They called them the Lucky 13!

He helped liberate a concentration camp.

What does this have to do with anything?
Well, he fought for YOUR freedom. He was the original ANTIFA: anti-fascism.

So it really angers me that you anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers won't do a small thing like wear a mask in public or get a vaccine to help your fellow Americans!

Science. Yes I believe in it! Imagine that!

Scientific stats have shown that the vaccine is extremely safe!

Social distancing: They did it during the Spanish flu in the early 1900's. At that time they couldn't develop a vaccine like Pfizer's or Moderna's so millions died - many millions more than died in our world at this time. But social distancing worked so they mandated it to mitigate the damage as best they could at the time.

Wearing masks: Same thing. They wore them. They knew it worked.

So you people are so d*mn*d upset about wearing masks and social distancing. Gee, I guess I couldn't rely on you to defend against an enemy like in WWII, could I? Guess you wouldn't be willing to risk YOUR life in a fox hole in a blizzard, be shot at, see your friends die, to defend the USofA...

I guess YOU are the "snowflakes"... YOU are the ones who won't be inconvenienced in even the smallest way to fight our common enemy, COVID-19!

Such selfish anti-science people. I can't even begin to understand how you can be this way.
Let's say you do not believe in the Science! So what? Is it really SUCH an imposition on you, to wear a dang mask, just IN CASE we are right, that not doing so will kill more people?! Really? It's THAT much of an imposition or attack upon your liberty and freedom??! Guess you'd feel really outrageously imposed upon if you had to go to a war to defeat Hitler... And so we'd be living under Nazism today if it had been you who were called upon to fight Hitler during WWII...

Me? I'm double vaccinated, couldn't wait to get my Pfizer vaccines because they WORK, and now that the D Variant is on the rise I wear my mask still. Why?

To hopefully prevent myself from accidentally spreading it to someone who is not vaccinated or has an immune issue, and to continue to do whatever I can to mitigate the spreading of this pandemic. That's how I roll. And I have asthma so wearing a mask is tough for me. I hate it. Makes my face sweat. Makes my throat dry after a couple hours, makes me want to cough from that...

But I do it, willingly and will continue to do so until this pandemic is truly under control where I live, which may be never.

I am for Biden sending people to neighborhoods to offer the vaccines. Many people maybe are elderly and have trouble getting out. Or many just haven't had time or are too lazy. As long as no one is twisting anyone's arm to get the vaccine, what's the problem? The only problem is the virus itself and how people won't get vaccinated to help end the pandemic!

Old 07-16-2021, 09:12 PM

4,669 posts, read 4,980,348 times
Movingvanmorrison, we have been making all the sacrifices and concessions you claim we won't make. The issues people have are: 1) these sacrifices and concessions are of dubious efficacy, and 2) there is no credible end game.

We are grateful for your father's service.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:29 AM

24,636 posts, read 9,464,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingvanmorrison View Post
Such selfish anti-science people.
Americans have sacrificed their last 17 months, they will not sacrifice another day.

You can always move to a new country. America has spoken, and 50% do NOT want the vaccine.

I know it’s hard for liberals to swallow their pride and ego, but this is the perfect time.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:33 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Quote:
Social distancing: They did it during the Spanish flu in the early 1900's. At that time they couldn't develop a vaccine like Pfizer's or Moderna's so millions died - many millions more than died in our world at this time.
My father served in Naval intelligence on Guam. Reading some of his old letters, he may have been part of carrying out the Manhattan project. Or not.

Here's the huge difference between the Spanish flu and the controlyavirus. The Spanish flu infected about 1/3 to 1/2 of those who came in contact with it. Out of those, at least 10% died. UP to 100,000,000 million folks died of it. And they did not have international air travel.

After over a year, the controlyavirus in the US has infected about 10%. 2% of those have died. Overall .2% mortality rate. And that going by numbers that many, including some CDC reports, claim are well overstated. And we do have international air travel. But the 24/7 advertising by the media worked. And Dr. Fauci is a . . . . I won't say it.

Old 07-17-2021, 08:52 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
LOL. Every poll on this forum is about 3 to 1 against Democrats/Liberals/Progressives.
It's a shame it's so divided. Makes me feel "why bother?" regarding any interaction here that involves politics. But sometimes I get sucked into it.

My dad fought in WWII. Was a "replacement" after so many died in the Battle of the Bulge. He was on the front line. In a fox hole in a blizzard with the enemy 100 yards or so away - well, close!

He ended up with nerve damage to his feet. But he survived. However he was only one of 13 who survived in his squadron. They called them the Lucky 13!

So it really angers me that you anti-maskers, anti-vaxxers won't do a small thing like wear a mask in public or get a vaccine to help your fellow Americans!

Social distancing: They did it during the Spanish flu in the early 1900's. At that time they couldn't develop a vaccine like Pfizer's or Moderna's so millions died - many millions more than died in our world at this time. But social distancing worked so they mandated it to mitigate the damage as best they could at the time.

So you people are so d*mn*d upset about wearing masks and social distancing. Gee, I guess I couldn't rely on you to defend against an enemy like in WWII, could I? Guess you wouldn't be willing to risk YOUR life in a fox hole in a blizzard, be shot at, see your friends die, to defend the USofA...

I guess YOU are the "snowflakes"... YOU are the ones who won't be inconvenienced in even the smallest way to fight our common enemy, COVID-19!

Such selfish anti-science people. I can't even begin to understand how you can be this way.
Let's say you do not believe in the Science! So what? Is it really SUCH an imposition on you, to wear a dang mask, just IN CASE we are right, that not doing so will kill more people?! Really? It's THAT much of an imposition or attack upon your liberty and freedom??! Guess you'd feel really outrageously imposed upon if you had to go to a war to defeat Hitler... And so we'd be living under Nazism today if it had been you who were called upon to fight Hitler during WWII...

Me? I'm double vaccinated, couldn't wait to get my Pfizer vaccines because they WORK, and now that the D Variant is on the rise I wear my mask still. Why?

To hopefully prevent myself from accidentally spreading it to someone who is not vaccinated or has an immune issue, and to continue to do whatever I can to mitigate the spreading of this pandemic. That's how I roll. And I have asthma so wearing a mask is tough for me. I hate it. Makes my face sweat. Makes my throat dry after a couple hours, makes me want to cough from that...

But I do it, willingly and will continue to do so until this pandemic is truly under control where I live, which may be never.

I am for Biden sending people to neighborhoods to offer the vaccines. Many people maybe are elderly and have trouble getting out. Or many just haven't had time or are too lazy. As long as no one is twisting anyone's arm to get the vaccine, what's the problem? The only problem is the virus itself and how people won't get vaccinated to help end the pandemic!
Over half the country disagrees with you and "your science".Sorry for your loss.

ps its a ridiculous contention to claim Hitler and Mussolini attacked or posed any threat to the freedoms of US citizens. Besides, we had our own FDR to do that

Old 07-17-2021, 10:23 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:

I have to disagree. I’m a liberal and I accept the science that the vaccines have so far proven safe, but I don’t think the gov should be sending people to anyone’s home. Whether to get the vaccine is a personal choice at this point and there is plenty of info available for people to make that decision without a government official assisting them.

Old 07-17-2021, 03:59 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
I wish Biden would knock on my door and say he is retiring. But wait! That leaves HORRIBLE Commie Harris
in charge....

Old 07-17-2021, 05:16 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,655,253 times
Quote:
Comparing your dad to marxist criminal thugs tells me you have no concept of reality.
Wish all you want, that the freedom your dad fought for can be so cheap that you would sacrifice it for a little temporary safety. The rest of us will honor your father by calling him a hero, and hoping you will grow up some day to have half of the courage he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
I have to disagree. I’m a liberal and I accept the science that the vaccines have so far proven safe, but I don’t think the gov should be sending people to anyone’s home. Whether to get the vaccine is a personal choice at this point and there is plenty of info available for people to make that decision without a government official assisting them.
You are an honest liberal.
A very rare person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies