Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you ok with the government knocking on your door to discuss vaccines?
Yes 66 24.00%
No 209 76.00%
Voters: 275. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 06:10 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Americans have sacrificed their last 17 months, they will not sacrifice another day.

You can always move to a new country. America has spoken, and 50% do NOT want the vaccine.

I know it’s hard for liberals to swallow their pride and ego, but this is the perfect time.
That 50% covid unvaccinated is the same percentage of people who don't roll up their sleeves for their yearly flu shots. Surprising? Every year there are campaigns to "Get your Flu shot here" Where were the million dollar lotteries, and free beer, donuts, etc.?

Problem is when "carrots" don't work, "sticks" will be used. Sticks being used already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 06:16 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Americans have sacrificed their last 17 months, they will not sacrifice another day.

You can always move to a new country. America has spoken, and 50% do NOT want the vaccine.

I know it’s hard for liberals to swallow their pride and ego, but this is the perfect time.
Getting vaccinated to prevent your own death or infection and stop the disease is to much to ask, hardly a sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
That 50% covid unvaccinated is the same percentage of people who don't roll up their sleeves for their yearly flu shots. Surprising? Every year there are campaigns to "Get your Flu shot here" Where were the million dollar lotteries, and free beer, donuts, etc.?

Problem is when "carrots" don't work, "sticks" will be used. Sticks being used already.
Sure this is just another bad flu season with 600,000 dead.

Old 07-18-2021, 06:35 AM

24,626 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Getting vaccinated to prevent your own death or infection and stop the disease is to much to ask, hardly a sacrifice.
Vaccination doesn’t prevent death or infection.

You think humans are immortal or something?

We’re all going to die, sorry for the breaking news. And the virus clearly has no affect on those with the longest to live.

Old 07-18-2021, 06:37 AM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
Quote:

Tell me if you think this is a good idea. I lived in Florida during the 2009 Fl PANDEMIC. It was mostly retirees and snowbirds living in this area. Publix supermarket went all out with flu shots. They had a table of nurses set up by PRODUCE section giving flu shots. "Get your free turkey with your flu shot" on the PA system constantly. I walked passed those nurses and said no thank you.

Down one aisle I saw a nurse following a old woman. She kept telling that nurse that she did not want a vaccination and to go away. Nurse kept following her yapping away. I thought about intervening on the woman's behalf but did not want to start a fight in the middle of a supermarket. Maybe that nurse would start on me too.

I went to the Manager and told him what happened and all this needed to stop. Following someone to get vaccinated is HARASSMENT, period. That supermarket went back to just a sign for flu shots at the door. That is ENOUGH. Guess I wasn't the only person to complain. At least with door to door push with covid vaccination you can slam the door in their face to get away.

Old 07-18-2021, 11:00 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:

Sticks tend to get broken, when they run into Americans.
Had they used the right carrot (a box of shotgun shells) they would have gotten a better response

Quote:
Originally Posted by maino View Post
The unvaccinated fell for the real scheme.. now they’re gonna have to get it because it’s gonna be a lot of death soon and they footing all the blame
The purveyors of this propaganda seem to be everywhere these days.
Most of them have a better and smoother approach than this one.
I guess they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this guy.

Quote:
It's a trade off. The shot has its own risks. Despite a lot of effort to pretend it doesn't and to bury those who dare to speak about it, there are people who are worried about those risks. In fact, the effort to hide this info has multiplied their reluctance.

Quote:
Actually, it has been milder than I expected.
I was expecting a million by the end of 2020.

Quote:
Tell me if you think this is a good idea.
The nurses at the table were a good idea, the sign was a good idea.
As further efforts are pursued, they give a diminishing return.

Door to door? Dumb.

Pamphlets and leaflets are a better way to spread the word, but then, you have to have credibility, and as long as there are guys like we have in this thread, spreading misinformation that we can know, by observing, is false, and people working to suppress the truth about vaccination injury, the pro-vaccination crowd will lack credibility.

Old 07-18-2021, 11:49 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
Tell me if you think this is a good idea. I lived in Florida during the 2009 Fl PANDEMIC. It was mostly retirees and snowbirds living in this area. Publix supermarket went all out with flu shots. They had a table of nurses set up by PRODUCE section giving flu shots. "Get your free turkey with your flu shot" on the PA system constantly. I walked passed those nurses and said no thank you.

Down one aisle I saw a nurse following a old woman. She kept telling that nurse that she did not want a vaccination and to go away. Nurse kept following her yapping away. I thought about intervening on the woman's behalf but did not want to start a fight in the middle of a supermarket. Maybe that nurse would start on me too.

I went to the Manager and told him what happened and all this needed to stop. Following someone to get vaccinated is HARASSMENT, period. That supermarket went back to just a sign for flu shots at the door. That is ENOUGH. Guess I wasn't the only person to complain. At least with door to door push with covid vaccination you can slam the door in their face to get away.
Thats ridiculous. Go to get some bread and milk, get followed around hassled to take a shot. Now they have a Disney channel actress who they are salivating over, hailing her as the messenger to get us unvaxxed to comply. The whole gushing over each other between her and the White House is so corny I was embarrased for the whole lot of them.

Whats next? A truck with billboards and carnival barkers?

Old 07-18-2021, 05:35 PM

8,231 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Thats ridiculous. Go to get some bread and milk, get followed around hassled to take a shot. Now they have a Disney channel actress who they are salivating over, hailing her as the messenger to get us unvaxxed to comply. The whole gushing over each other between her and the White House is so corny I was embarrased for the whole lot of them.

Whats next? A truck with billboards and carnival barkers?
Much of the TV ads are about the vaccine now. That one singer has a Walgreens commercial and he keeps repeating "this is our shot" over and over. It's a marketing technique. You repeat a message repeatedly and people are programmed in thinking a certain way. It normalizes a product into the thought process in order to sell it.

Old 07-18-2021, 06:52 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,132,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Much of the TV ads are about the vaccine now. That one singer has a Walgreens commercial and he keeps repeating "this is our shot" over and over. It's a marketing technique. You repeat a message repeatedly and people are programmed in thinking a certain way. It normalizes a product into the thought process in order to sell it.
Thats correct. They are hoping the vaccine resistant get thier thought process broken down. A person may start to think "well maybe its not too dangerous after all" and thats the start of it. The young attractive actress is straight up marketing. Im wondering how far they will go once the vaccine carnival barkers fail to boost the number of jabs. France has major restrictions and penalties for the unvaccinated coming.

How far off is the U.S. from this I wonder?

Old 07-18-2021, 09:21 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Getting vaccinated to prevent your own death or infection and stop the disease is to much to ask, hardly a sacrifice..
There's a vaccine for car accidents? Well I guess I'm safe to get my license now.

Does it also keep me safe from getting struck by lightning too? My phobia is cured.

Old 07-19-2021, 06:04 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,864 times
Quote:
Technically, it has been two flu seasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies