Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 06:37 PM

43,049 posts, read 18,216,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
He can't.

This is all just more partisan BS to create doubt and chaos. It's what Republicans do. That way they don't need to let anybody know they have no constructive plans or management skills.

Teacher's do not decided what will or will not be taught in schools. States and school boards do that.

Since when did we let teacher's union write curriculum? Then ecide who gets hired? What do principals do?

How about superintendents?

Just more sharing ignorance. An effective tool for keeping the Trump voter angry.
Maybe you missed it....where do you think the pandemic guidance for schools came from ?

https://nypost.com/2021/05/01/teache...pening-emails/
Powerful teachers union influenced CDC on school reopenings, emails show
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 07:11 AM

19,796 posts, read 9,331,249 times
And THIS is why I -- who previously respected teachers as a group more than any other group except for possibly firefighters -- now have ZERO respect for teachers as a group.

Now that might be unfair, as I know that there are many very good and very caring teachers out there -- but this kind of thing just puts ALL teachers in a very bad light.

And if teachers as a whole are AGAINST teaching sexuality to young children in their classrooms, or "humoring" kindergarteners by referring to a boy as a girl if the boy says he is a girl (!) and lying to his parents about it (as was done as a matter of policy in Madison, WI schools https://apnews.com/article/b339ee3eb...184af9fff49d7b), or in teaching white kids to be ashamed of their skin color and ancestry, then why aren't more teachers speaking up AS A GROUP -- or else quitting their public school teaching jobs and going into private school teaching?

Now, of course, I understand that in today's climate that it would be very difficult for one or two teachers in a school to enter into some kind of anti-woke protest, but if the majority of teachers are fed up with the current liberal indoctrination, then why haven't they SAID so?

Last edited by katharsis; 07-08-2021 at 07:58 AM..

Old 07-08-2021, 07:19 AM

57,213 posts, read 26,166,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
These ****ing teachers unions forget one very important item:

THEY WORK FOR US. Not the other way around.
Yes us meaning many not just a hyper partisan minority of parents that want to open up teachers to lawsuits.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:20 AM

4,618 posts, read 4,885,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
These ****ing teachers unions forget one very important item:

THEY WORK FOR US. Not the other way around.
No. Like any other union, the union works for it's members.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:24 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,447,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
good, let those who don’t want to learn the history of man in America go to schools that teach about buring bushes and turning a loaf of bread into a feast that fed thousands.
Dude, they just used you as a pawn and you sucked up their horrific lies and now you’re giving them one more chance to see if this is all a “history lesson” like they promised.

Guess what, bubba, they’re still lying. And you’re still pretending to believe them.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I disagree with teaching CRT in high school, my point is that it is not being taught.
GD the cognitive dissonance… I mean really.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:36 AM

Quote:
He can't.

This is all just more partisan BS to create doubt and chaos. It's what Republicans do. That way they don't need to let anybody know they have no constructive plans or management skills.

Teacher's do not decided what will or will not be taught in schools. States and school boards do that.

Since when did we let teacher's union write curriculum? Then ecide who gets hired? What do principals do?

How about superintendents?

Just more sharing ignorance. An effective tool for keeping the Trump voter angry.
Talk about a Lost Cause. Where is ChiGeek when you need them?
Attached Thumbnails
Teachers’ Unions Vow to Defend Members in Critical Race Theory Fight-dab09ee5-fbd5-48d9-a1ef-df9b206a32ef.jpeg  

Old 07-08-2021, 07:38 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There has been an attack on school board members and teachers, suing a teacher over her teaching plan is absurd. I haven't seen any good examples that they are teaching CRT but the parents have been incited and the torches and pitchforks are out. We shouldn't the union back teachers in these frivolous lawsuits that is what unions do.
https://www.zinnedproject.org/news/p...to-teach-truth

seems more like a 5,000+ teacher protest to teach what they want.

here's a second grade teacher:

Quote:
For Barber, teaching students about racial history is just as important as reading or math.

Her class starts with defining social justice and talking about slavery, which led to institutional racism and implicit bias. Barber also weaves race and equity into every subject. Whether it’s learning about scientists or mathematicians of color, sharing social justice facts or reading about civil rights movements, every day in her class is filled with race education. She also provides resources and other useful information for her students’ families in case students have any questions.
that's absurd. There may surely be a minority of adults who don't think it is, but that doesn't make it any less absurd.

Heck, 5,000 teachers signing a protest position is a small minority of public school teachers.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:42 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,780,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
And THIS is why I -- who previously respected teachers as a group more than any other group except for firefighters -- now have ZERO respect for teachers as a group.

Now that might be unfair, as I know that there are many very good and very caring teachers out there -- but this kind of thing just puts ALL teachers in a very bad light.

And if teachers as a whole are AGAINST teaching sexuality to young children in their classrooms, or "humoring" kindergarteners by referring to a boy as a girl if the boy says he is a girl (!) and lying to his parents about it (as was done as a matter of policy in Madison, WI schools https://apnews.com/article/b339ee3eb...184af9fff49d7b), or in teaching white kids to be ashamed of their skin color and ancestry, then why aren't more teachers speaking up AS A GROUP -- or else quitting their public school teaching jobs and going into private school teaching.

Now, of course, I understand that in today's climate that it would be very difficult for one or two teachers in a school to enter into some kind of anti-woke protest, but if the majority of teachers are fed up with the current liberal indoctrination, then why haven't they SAID so?
I know a lot of teachers - many are very left wing and they are usually the younger ones but there are a few older ones that also go along with CRT. Then there are those on the right, who don't believe in CRT but... they stay quiet to keep their jobs and avoid any backlash from their peers. I've had many friendships sour due to how vocal people are in their beliefs. I ended up deleting all my friends on FB and explained that I loved hearing about their kids, vacations, ect.. but I'd rather not view their political rants. Funny but those that pushed their agendas on social medias were the ones who responded - I know what you mean - I'm so sick of seeing this and then continued to post their political leanings.

Old 07-08-2021, 07:43 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,006 times
Quote:
So what? Does the state fund the classes? The NEA endorsement means nothing until the subject is included in what the state BOE says should be taught. And funds it.
the 5,000 teachers and counting say they'll teach it, regardless of what the state DoE or local School Board says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies