Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2021, 07:15 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
and look how nervous you Democrats get and keep talking about him.
Was it a Democrat that started this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 07:17 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
When do private citizens have lifetime protection from the secret service? So if he wins the 2024 GOP nomination and is the nominee, these platforms instead of putting their pinky finger on the scale like they did in 2020, they will sit on the scale and give the Democrat nominee full access while banning Trump.

How is that neutrality?

Because he broke the rules, and they treated him like any other rule breaker, and banned him. They DID give him a lot more chances then your average joe though.

It's not like they are banning a political party, that would be inappropriate bias.

They are banning one person, for very specific reasons. The fact that he may run for Pres isn't a factor, nor should it be.

Generally speaking, your MSM gives equal footage to candidates. The exception being 2016 where Trump got WAY more coverage than Hillary. But these things are tracked.

It will be interesting to see if Newsmax or OAN even TRY to give equal coverage.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-07-2021, 07:18 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Dude likes burning money on lawsuits he's going to lose. But I suppose it feeds his delusional fantasy world view.
He never spends his own money and suckers will be lined up to donate to this "cause."

Old 07-07-2021, 07:18 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Trump is a public figure, and he is a private citizen. Learn the difference.

I didn't know private citizens get lifetime protection from the Secret Service and have Presidential protection for life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Whoa. Delusion is rampant here.

I know, you Democrats take the cake.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:19 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
I didn't know private citizens get lifetime protection from the Secret Service and have Presidential protection for life.

Again,

Former Presidents get Secret Service for life, AND they are private citizens.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-07-2021, 07:22 PM

Quote:
If the moderators apply the rule for 1 person and not the others especially a public figure while giving full access to the opposition party then yes you have a case. Trump is not a private figure. He is the President of the U.S. and probably the 2024 GOP nominee.

What are these platforms going to do, put their whole hand on the scale and give the Democrat nominee full access and ban the other party's Presidential nominee?

That's like ABC, CBS and NBC saying we will carry Biden's full coverage and his rallies and ban everything from Trump. How is that neutrality? This is not suspension, we are talking ban.
Maybe if he hadn't incited a riot and tried to get Pence lynched he wouldn't have been banned.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:24 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
They don't.

Unless they are former presidents of the United States.

How many different ways are necessary to explain this to you?

And none of them have anything to do with his being banned from Twitter.

Get a grip.

Quote:
Yep. More cake for me. Sorry about your luck.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
The problem is arbitrary enforcement of TOS.

Just like R's are investigated, and are often prosecuted for petty "crimes", while the left gets away with bleach bit hammer time.

The double standard bifurcation and arbitrary application of law observence and enforcement that is so politically OBVIOUS is nothing short of disturbing.
Trump wasn't banned for his politics. He was banned for lying about the election results and inciting a riot.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Because he broke the rules, and they treated him like any other rule breaker, and banned him. They DID give him a lot more chances then your average joe though.

It's not like they are banning a political party, that would be inappropriate bias.

They are banning one person, for very specific reasons. The fact that he may run for Pres isn't a factor, nor should it be.

Generally speaking, your MSM gives equal footage to candidates. The exception being 2016 where Trump got WAY more coverage than Hillary. But these things are tracked.

It will be interesting to see if Newsmax or OAN even TRY to give equal coverage.

I would take you serious for 8 seconds but when you have dictators, politicians and political movements that has violated the same rules and more and posted wild things and these same companies protects them then the "rules" becomes a joke and is not really about the rules regardless if you keep mentioning 100 times.

by the way, since you are so into this topic. I asked you, which specific rule Trump violated and why the same rule is not applied to everybody?

Tweeter said: " we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence."

is that a rule? and why didn't they do it to BLM when this country was being set on fire, looted and Americans being attacked and a bulls eye put on every cop in the country? or the politicians in power who promoted and supported the violent protests?

So when Obama and Biden orders wars and endless bombings on other countries that is not consider incitement of violence?

See how these platforms got political and they crossed over the line by a mile and their shallow definitions are bias?

Old 07-07-2021, 07:36 PM

Trump wrote before he got suspended

On January 8, 2021, President Donald J. Trump Tweeted:
“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”
Shortly thereafter, the President Tweeted:
“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

What rule he violated to get ban. I asked for the 5th time and nobody here can tell me. It's like they repeat the same non-sense: "He constantly violated the rules"......what rules to what specific tweets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies