Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2021, 01:53 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,281,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
You want to talk about companies that get taxpayer money and government subsidies?

Why do you think Trump doesn't want his tax returns to be public?

Trump Isn't a Self-Made Man.
His Wealth Is the Product of Years of Government Subsidies.
The family real-estate business was powered by subsidies and cheap government-backed loans.

https://reason.com/2018/10/08/trump-...ies-tax-fraud/

Now you change the goal post. It has nothing to do with the topic. Anybody or business gets subsidies and exemptions has to follow the government mandates or they don't get the subsidies or have to pay the money back. If you don't like it change the laws.

Instead debating the topic you keep going after Trump personally and moving the goal post. Now your argument is he isn't a self-man, he got government subsidies and he got loans approved by the government. does that applies to everybody including these mega companies or just Trump you only have a problem?

So if I don't make my tax returns public I'm committing tax fraud when the I.R.S. has all of my tax returns and have unlimited access to my banks? LMAO! Thanks for the laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well, they are all different. But they are crazy common, so to say that makes social platforms somehow "unique" is quite untrue.
there are different subsidies and amounts but all have 1 thing in common, they all have strings attached and mandatory rules that if you want to get the subsidies or not pay it back you have to follow. Free speech like civil laws practices are strings attached by the government among other things.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:02 PM

13,057 posts, read 7,491,199 times
I think they have more and better lawyers than does mr djt.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:04 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,447,916 times
Trump to personally sue Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey over social media bans

LOL, what a loser. He has no claim against what a private enterprise can do with it's own property.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
I think they have more and better lawyers than does mr djt.

You think? don't think. Microsoft thought the same thing about their anti-trust violations. How many top lawyers they had on the case, over 300?

Old 07-08-2021, 02:06 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times
Please note, your article did not cite Twitter as a receiver of subsidies. Most of what you are talking about any way is city and state tax breaks for bring their businesses to their area (jobs). Again, uber common and none of the mandates have to do with letting loons use your platforms to spread lies.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-08-2021, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Trump to personally sue Mark Zuckerberg and Jack Dorsey over social media bans

LOL, what a loser. He has no claim against what a private enterprise can do with it's own property.

Not when they take exemptions and billions of dollars in tax payers subsidies. They are not a regular private company. They are a giant monopoly backed by tax subsidies. Let the courts sort it out.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:16 PM

13,226 posts, read 7,280,089 times
Trumps lawsuit is nothing more then a fund raising tool. That's why he instantly sent out request for his supporters to send money. The lawsuit is saying private companies Facebook, Twitter, and others have to allow any speech on their platforms because of the first amendment. Attorney's already said this will get tossed out by the courts on the first round Motion to dismiss. These companies no matter how big are not owned by the government doesn't matter what money was given to them. Trump's business has been charged with felonies and likely go bankrupt this is why he is fund raising keep sending him money that is what he wants.

Trump just a phony who keeps playing his shell game eventually the law will catch up with him. Doesn't take much to look at his history like Trump University which was a total sham they interviewed people who paid big bucks to learn from Trump and later found it was scam later Trump had to settle lawsuit with them.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:16 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,432,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Let the courts sort it out.

i don't think you'll like the answer.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Please note, your article did not cite Twitter as a receiver of subsidies. Most of what you are talking about any way is city and state tax breaks for bring their businesses to their area (jobs). Again, uber common and none of the mandates have to do with letting loons use your platforms to spread lies.
So lies that come from the left is acceptable under these mega companies' monopolies rules? Why do you refused to talk about the elephant in the room and the phony rules?

If this forum has 2 sets of rules based on ideology, what would you call that? All politicians lied, that's in their nature. So why you split hairs? Again that you ignore over and over, Obama as President used the media platform to say Flint's water is safe to drink. He also used the media platform to lie about the biggest illegal spying scandal in history. Biden has been lying since 1973. Why do they have their accounts?

If you say the rules are not being applied correctly like the laws, I will respect that but you are not saying that. You ignore the big discrepancies in the rules and how is being applied due to politics which makes the whole system into a joke.

Why does BLM and Maxine Waters have all of their accounts? give it a shot in the spin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies