Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2021, 02:38 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
That’s not true and is just a over generalization. Private companies can’t ban people because of their race.
but they can ban you for violating the ToS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2021, 02:41 PM

13,452 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
While I agree they have made some posts that should have been a violation (for all I know they got a suspension) they did not CONTINUE to break the rules and spread lies every darn day. THAT is why Trump got suspended and they didn't. I'm not sure why you do not understand this. It's like at work, you get a verbal warning, you get written up, you get fired.

Go ask your "legit" questions of someone else. I'm unsubscribing to this thread. It's pointless.

So the government of China didn't lied for over a year about a Pandemic that caused millions of deaths worldwide and lying about their human rights violations against minority groups? when did they get suspended and corrected by Google or Facebook? How many lies and violence they have to commit just on them? The list is long. These companies make billions of dollars in China. That explains.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:48 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
insanity? you want me to write all the B.S. Obama said as President (after his presidency is another chapter) When Obama said the Flynn water was safe to drink and when he lied about the massive illegal spying? Biden has been saying wild things since 1973. Should these companies suspended them at the least? Aren't they the authority on the truth? how about Maxine Waters who is a congressman in the government? how about BLM that are a powerful political group? funny, when was the last Democrat politician in power or a political group from the left that they censored, suspended or ban to set the "truth" straight?

The problem with these social media totalitarians who are run by Libs is that they think all people believe in their b.s.You think Trump was the only one in Tweeter posting things that half of the nation didn't like?

If you are all of the sudden going to "clean up" free speech then apply it for all but who are these people kidding, they make it so obvious and then pretend they float above water.
Mikayla did say she would support action against Obama if he had done such things. I would agree with her.

Follow the channels. File the lawsuit. Gather the evidence and make your case.

But don't whine about how unfair the world is if you are not willing to do the work.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:
These are not just ordinary private companies, they have special exemption and therefore they partake of some kind of government action,
"government action" is not the government. We all take part in government in some way. We fly, which is overseen by the FAA. We spend money which is under the jurisdiction of the Treasury. We drive, and the roads are a responsibility overseen by a number of agencies, including municipal, county, state and federal, plus the NHTSA, commerce, etc.

Just saying the government peripherally touches some sort of activity is not enough to trigger first amendment requirements of everybody who also touches that activity.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:52 PM

13,452 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Mikayla did say she would support action against Obama if he had done such things. I would agree with her.

Follow the channels. File the lawsuit. Gather the evidence and make your case.

But don't whine about how unfair the world is if you are not willing to do the work.

Whining and exposing hypocrisy are 2 different things. I know the world is unfair. I'm not a lefty. When these companies have extremist groups and politicians and dictators and protect their accounts it's really hard to take them serious that they want only the truth and no violence.

I said over and over let the courts decide.

Old 07-08-2021, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Whining and exposing hypocrisy are 2 different things. I know the world is unfair. I'm not a lefty. When these companies have extremist groups and politicians and dictators and protect their accounts it's really hard to take them serious that they want only the truth and no violence.

I said over and over let the courts decide.
Ok. I am completely ok with that. Will you accept the decision of the courts?

Old 07-08-2021, 03:04 PM

2,361 posts, read 1,752,308 times
He will drop this bogus lawsuit the moment he realizes he has opened himself up to be personally deposed by the opposing counsel. Whoopsie! There will be some .....interesting questions about the things he DID post and their intent and who they were aimed at, etc..

This is what happens when Rudy and the My Pillow guy are your advisors.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:05 PM

2,709 posts, read 1,039,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
The irony of your post.

Also, that’s not how it works. Wow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
The electoral count proceedings never would have gone there. There is no investigative ability as part of the electoral count process. Electoral certifications are reviewed by the house and senate, and accepted or rejected. If they are rejected, they are simply not counted and the president is chosen based upon the votes that are.

There is no mechanism for investigation.

So, once again, Trump was doomed to lose 90-10, and 335-100 (by the numbers you provided).

Your claim that "something" would have been uncovered is simply a tragic illustration of your ignorance surrounding the process.
Then the House and Senate recessed to discuss the objection/evidence in their chambers. Watch the livestream of the hearing.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
you disagree because you can't argue the facts. Can you as a KFC employee go protest and bring your political views in the job and your job be protected? they will fired you and they can.

You don't have a right to go to a private place and protest or insult the management and have a right to keep your job.
You are making a good argument here for why Twitter (a private company) can ban trump.

Old 07-08-2021, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are making a good argument here for why Twitter (a private company) can ban trump.
He does that a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies