Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2021, 10:00 AM

717 posts, read 452,869 times

Advertisements

I don’t believe we have a single arrest made to someone for not having enrolled in health insurance

I also don’t believe any person went to jail for choosing between feeding their toddler and not delaying payment owed to IRS

I also see no mandate on vaccines

I also am yet to see any arrest made for forgetting to wear a mask

I would say on the other hand, Conservative enforcement can be quite more harsh. Anti-Fed state laws such as 3 felonies and your third felony isn’t very extreme but it’s strike 3 you get life in state prison

Kentucky not allowing non-Cash bail which forces lower income alleged suspects who have not faced due process to be unable to make bail.

Florida’s law restricting mai voting

Extreme punishing laws for minor offenses like smoking marijuana or drinking under 21

Old 05-03-2021, 10:08 AM

17,301 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Feds are either wildly incompetent or nefarious masterminds seeking control of the whole population depending on the spin of the day.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:10 AM

13,444 posts, read 4,289,055 times
big unlimited government of a few elites with endless powers and endless money. What could possibly go wrong? You must have called sick in all high school in history class.

Old 05-03-2021, 11:49 AM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
big unlimited government of a few elites with endless powers and endless money. What could possibly go wrong? You must have called sick in all high school in history class.
...and you, grammar class..........................

Old 09-20-2021, 12:25 PM

1,306 posts, read 853,380 times
Big govt also provides security for big AND small businesses to flourish
So I don’t understand the logic of some people who don’t want regulation and taxes but at the same time want to live in a society where every liberty that they have is protected by taxpayer money

Old 09-20-2021, 12:32 PM

78,394 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberiaboy View Post
I would say on the other hand, Conservative enforcement can be quite more harsh. Anti-Fed state laws such as 3 felonies and your third felony isn’t very extreme but it’s strike 3 you get life in state prison
Among the many many things your post suggests you need an education on, let's start here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-...ment_by_states

Old 09-20-2021, 12:44 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Feds are either wildly incompetent or nefarious masterminds seeking control of the whole population depending on the spin of the day.

Or, conservatives are just confused. After all, when was the last time we heard those of the 'less government spending' mantra deny a request for increasing an already bloated defense budget? Do they not understand the military is part of the government or is 'less government spending' just an empty thought?

Old 09-20-2021, 12:45 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,840 times
Quote:
I don’t believe we have a single arrest made to someone for not having enrolled in health insurance

I also don’t believe any person went to jail for choosing between feeding their toddler and not delaying payment owed to IRS

Kentucky not allowing non-Cash bail which forces lower income alleged suspects who have not faced due process to be unable to make bail.

Extreme punishing laws for minor offenses like smoking marijuana or drinking under 21
Strawman much?

Old 09-20-2021, 05:14 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:

OP: Why are Conservatives so fearful ...

Long story short answer: Conservatives often consider themselves to be 'Persecuted Victims' or, even more bizarrely, as 'simultaneously being a victim and a hero'. Sheeesh, talk about conflicted

Link to Conspiracy Theory Handbook here:

https://www.climatechangecommunicati...ryHandbook.pdf

From the short 12 page doc:

Quote:
Conspiracy theories attempt to explain events as the secretive plots of powerful people.

While conspiracy theories are not typically supported by evidence, this doesn’t stop them from blossoming.

Conspiracy theories damage society in a number of ways. To help minimise these harmful effects, The Conspiracy Theory Handbook explains why conspiracy theories are so popular, how to identify the traits of conspiratorial thinking, and what are effective response strategies.

... There are seven traits of conspiratorial thinking 29 ...

... Persecuted victim

Conspiracy theorists perceive and present themselves as the victim of organized persecution.29 At the same time, they see themselves as brave antagonists taking on the villainous conspirators. Conspiratorial thinking involves a self-perception of simultaneously being a victim and a hero.

Old 09-20-2021, 05:16 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post

The irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post

Long story short answer: Conservatives often consider themselves to be 'Persecuted Victims' or, even more bizarrely, as 'simultaneously being a victim and a hero'. Sheeesh, talk about conflicted

Sounds like you have cognitive dissonance. If you dont know what that is, look it up & be informed.

This is hilarious when its the liberal agenda to find a dumb way to play the victim so they can push a racist narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies