Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 12:27 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times

Advertisements

How many states do not have teacher's unions?

How many have teacher organizations? My state has those and about 1/2 the teachers in my district do not join.

And those who do its' only for the defense lawyers should some parent sue them because the districts do not stick up for the teachers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2021, 12:33 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
CRT isn't even about teaching hate.
lmao! sure, stilly

Quote:
CRT proponents would like to see it eventually disproven by people no longer thinking of other people in terms of race. That would result in less hatred.
they want to encourage people to not think about others in terms of race by forcing them to constantly think of all people, including themselves, primarily in terms of race, above all other considerations?

seems odd. gonna need a link for that one.

Old 07-07-2021, 12:40 PM

6,746 posts, read 3,361,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPibbs View Post
I propose all classroom instructions be videotaped. We have surveillance cameras everywhere, the police wear cameras, and many university lectures are already recorded. Parents can watch and find out what is going on. The teachers union will surely object. What do they have to hide? In college students regularly ask the prof if they can record and it's never a problem.
I thought the same thing. Let the public see the kind of garbage these liberal teachers are indoctrinating these kids with. It really is shameful.

Kids should be educated, not brainwashed by the loony left.

Old 07-07-2021, 01:05 PM

1,744 posts, read 877,932 times
I'm so glad to see people fighting back on this divisive school program. Here's a few more:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/teache...sive-ideology/

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...st-each-other/

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/sc...oard-minnesota

Man, do I miss the days when I was in school and teachers were NOT unionized. I can't imagine having a child in school these days.

Old 07-07-2021, 01:44 PM

3,217 posts, read 1,601,675 times
Quote:
I propose all classroom instructions be videotaped. We have surveillance cameras everywhere, the police wear cameras, and many university lectures are already recorded. Parents can watch and find out what is going on. The teachers union will surely object. What do they have to hide? In college students regularly ask the prof if they can record and it's never a problem.
Especially a public school. There should be full transparency. Lesson plans, meeting minutes, all of it is public property.

Old 07-07-2021, 01:50 PM

82 posts, read 47,125 times
Critical Race Theory is very important and should be required in elementary schools and an optional course of study in high schools. It's very important that we, as white people, take responsibility for our history and how that effects the standing of the black people in America today. That's not to say we as whites are 100 percent responsible for the state of black America today, a lot of it is just bad culture that puts a premium on failure and penalizes success BUT we need to accept and acknowledge out part in the oppression of black people and how we benefit from that today.

Old 07-07-2021, 02:09 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
better yet, every room should have a live feed accessible by internet. otherwise, this happens:
https://mobile.twitter.com/libsoftik...58686290763777

Old 07-07-2021, 02:23 PM

19,386 posts, read 15,220,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
better yet, every room should have a live feed accessible by internet. otherwise, this happens:
https://mobile.twitter.com/libsoftik...58686290763777
So many of the teachers I now see in the news seem to be nutjobs, or very immature, or... just something. Angry, hysterical... They don't act like respectable professionals. We have at least four teachers in our extended family. I'm curious as to what they think about all of this.

Old 07-07-2021, 02:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
The teachers Union is a big joke. They don’t care about true education for the kids or we wouldn’t be behind the world in math, science, arts etc…. There are a lot of parents planning on homeschooling and they use to be anti homeschool.
“ Behind the world”?

The US has historically ranked middle of the pack. Over time, the pack got bigger.

The US ranks better than average in Reading and Science. Below average in Math.

Maybe the US should do as China does, cherry pick which regions to submit. If we limited it to say Massachusetts, the US would rank top 3-5. Alternatively, the US could determine which students are college- bound and limit testing to just these students as happens in many countries.

Old 07-07-2021, 02:25 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Abolish the Department of Education! Let parents choose where their kids go to school.

Completely privatize education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies